• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

American League Playoffs Set?

54 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

We’ve had the same strength of schedule, they are now playing their tough part.

I kind of figured that, given that we are in the same division. Generally, the same opponents, although I dont know if they always play the Dodgers the way we do.

They have been playing the same patsies that we have been. They just got the Yankees and Bosox a bit later than us. 

Just looked it up. The Mariners will only have Cano for the final four games against us;  assuming he returns on the date he is reinstated from suspension (Aug 14).

I sense some sarcasm over the award, eh?

But I must say, the solid range of arguments in the "MLB has a bad baseball problem......." has elevated my opinion of AW;  however temporarily it may end up being. People have generally stayed on subject without all the childishness. It's the best thread I have seen in my short time here.

I never minded a little female pulchritude as a distraction, of course...............

• 1 month later...

Astros are really missing Springer and Altuve. And Correa has only been back for 4-5 games, or so. No surprise they are faltering. 

No timetable for Altuve's return. Springer probably will be back for the weekend series against the A's. McCullars out till September. McCann likely to return in a week. Devenski, any day now.

They've had injuries, but nothing like the Angels.

14 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Astros are really missing Springer and Altuve. And Correa has only been back for 4-5 games, or so. No surprise they are faltering. 

No timetable for Altuve's return. Springer probably will be back for the weekend series against the A's. McCullars out till September. McCann likely to return in a week. Devenski, any day now.

They've had injuries, but nothing like the Angels.

Just goes to show how big a part injuries play in this game.

Listening to the A's game on radio. A's announcers have pointed out that the A's have made up 14.5 games on Seattle since mid June. They were 11 back of them and now have a 3.5 game lead. They have made up 10.5 on the Astros and trail them by only one game now.

A's are now 38-12 in their last 50 games. They are 30 games over .500 against teams with losing records. Six under against winning or even teams. Twelve over .500 on the road, and at home.