• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump says he’s directing Pentagon to create a new ‘space force’

17 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Odds are that Trump has billionaire buddies who have been working on pie-in-the-sky ideas that they want to sell to the government.

Maybe but you don't need to move AFSPC to its own service to accomplish this goal. If anything it makes it less likely since leadership more familiar with the actual missions in space would would be in place, instead of now when it's more subservient to the entire USAF chain of command. This was simply Trump moving a good deal of the focus from caged children to "cute" space force memes. The opposition really is its own worst enemy and we likely deserve the country we live in.

The President shows his lack of awareness of the Constitution with this proclamation. Neither he nor the Pentagon has the authority to establish a new military branch. That is solely one of the Expressed Powers of Congress. Paul Ryan, Mitch  McConnell, Orrin Hatch, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, as usual, are all too inept and asleep at the wheel to make this known by publicly rebuking the President.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:07 AM, Thomas said:

Yeah I know having Trump suggest anything makes it sound dubious at best. But seeing how vital space is to the US military and NATO, it isn't the worst idea to split the mission off to its own service.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2018/06/18/trump-says-hes-directing-pentagon-to-create-a-new-space-force/?utm_term=.cc85a94c5e31

Doesn't matter as he has no Constitutional authority to establish a new branch. That expressed power rests with Congress only.

6 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

The President shows his lack of awareness of the Constitution with this proclamation. Neither he nor the Pentagon has the authority to establish a new military branch. That is solely one of the Expressed Powers of Congress. Paul Ryan, Mitch  McConnell, Orrin Hatch, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, as usual, are all too inept and asleep at the wheel to make this known by publicly rebuking the President.

He only announced this to get attention away from kids in cages. And to our collective discredit, it worked. People went to the memes. The idea itself, which preexists his administration however, is a good one.

25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

He only announced this to get attention away from kids in cages. And to our collective discredit, it worked. People went to the memes. The idea itself, which preexists his administration however, is a good one.

2 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7bw209/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-in-trump-s-universe--everyone-loves--space-force-

Get to the Space Force part.  Now don't think that is how I view all Trump supporters but fuck it it is how I view Trump supporters.  Don't say "fake news" it will make you look worse. 

Seeing as apparently 8 people even knew we currently have a space force I'm not sure it's fair to pick on a specific few. Of course it explains a lot on how we're in the state that we are in this country.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Seeing as apparently 8 people even knew we currently have a space force I'm not sure it's fair to pick on a specific few. Of course it explains a lot on how we're in the state that we are in this country.

Ya my picking on some people at a rally is my doing about the state of the country and not the guy who hosts pep rally's to attract them. 

8 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

Thomas got me:  picking on me for picking on people who attend events where the POTUS picks on everyone.

I would hope you'd have a higher standard than the POTUS.  That's a really low bar.

It used to take a deliberate propaganda effort to dehumanize groups of people. And certainly Faux News and like are still quite culpable in this regard. But in the era of modern technology it seems it we have an unending appetite for it and an unending supply to gorge from. With this diminished ability to empathize we have become that much easier to manipulate.   

• 3 weeks later...