• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: How Mike Trout stacks against MLB Greats through 1k games (hint: he is a god)

nate

WAR apparently doesn't like Pujols the same way it likes Trout.

Mike already has four seasons with a WAR of 9.0 or better. Albert has one.

Albert has averaged 5.65 WAR per 650 plate appearances over his entire career. Trout's average since his career began in 2011 is 9.0 per 650 PA.

If you just take Albert's greatest years from 2001-2011 before he came to the Angels, his average is 8.1 WAR/650 PA. Again, Trout is better by that criterion.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

WAR apparently doesn't like Pujols the same way it likes Trout.

Mike already has four seasons with a WAR of 9.0 or better. Albert has one.

Albert has averaged 5.65 WAR per 650 plate appearances over his entire career. Trout's average since his career began in 2011 is 9.0 per 650 PA.

If you just take Albert's greatest years from 2001-2011 before he came to the Angels, his average is 8.1 WAR/650 PA. Again, Trout is better by that criterion.

Pujols' first 8 years were at a time when steroids were still out of control.  WAR is adjusted for context.  What Pujols was doing back then was epic, but it wasn't out of this world above everyone else.

1 hour ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Trout is putting up his numbers in an era where pitchers are throwing harder than ever, teams have far more information on players than ever before, the shifts (which are becoming more excessive), etc. etc.

Trout's wRC+ is higher than Pujols' was.

I think you guys are downplaying pujols. Trout is the better all around player by far. But pujols at his peak was every much the bat trout has been so far.

Where you mention teams have more info to get guys out, hitters also have more info.

I can't argue advanced stats. I would caution comparing eras when stats are weighted against the league. But from a counting numbers standpoint, pujols' 'trout years' saw him strike out less, walk as much, hit for more power (in easier park). I'm not arguing that makes him better, at all. They're two totally different players. But both at their peak, strictly as a DH, who do you pick? I think it comessage down to who's in your lineup besides them.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think you guys are downplaying pujols. Trout is the better all around player by far. But pujols at his peak was every much the bat trout has been so far.

Where you mention teams have more info to get guys out, hitters also have more info.

I can't argue advanced stats. I would caution comparing eras when stats are weighted against the league. But from a counting numbers standpoint, pujols' 'trout years' saw him strike out less, walk as much, hit for more power (in easier park). I'm not arguing that makes him better, at all. They're two totally different players. But both at their peak, strictly as a DH, who do you pick? I think it comessage down to who's in your lineup besides them.

Oh, I think Albert is insane, but compared to his peers Trout is better, not by a ton, 5% better.