• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you feel is management's plan?

Torridd

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Well, you seen pretty impressed with their willingness to turn of Dave Roberts.   You said it. 

I just think he means their fans (maybe some media people add to the fire) have higher standards and expectations for their team 

14 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You're literally making my argument for me...i'll let you figure out why.

I’m not, your argument is retarded.  Batting Pujols 4 or 7th isn’t going to change end results.  

If Scoiscia left Alvarez in yesterday and Alvarez blew it you would have bitched about Scoiscia not playing the matchup.  Everyone here knows that’s exactly what you guys that incessantly whine about any minute decision Scoiscia makes would have done.  It’s always the same shit for years.  

Honestly, I can’t wait for it to be over with him.  Then we’ll get to see whatever new bullshit you come up with to blame the teams losses on.  It’ll be freshly hilarious. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not, your argument is retarded.  Batting Pujols 4 or 7th isn’t going to change end results.  

If Scoiscia left Alvarez in yesterday and Alvarez blew it you would have bitched about Scoiscia not playing the matchup.  Everyone here knows that’s exactly what you guys that incessantly whine about any minute decision Scoiscia makes would have done.  It’s always the same shit for years.  

Honestly, I can’t wait for it to be over with him.  Then we’ll get wait for whatever new bullshit you come up with to blame the teams losses on.  It’ll be freshly hilarious. 

I'm not sure you quite understand the game itself. Your fundamental comprehension of the game is little league at best. You make assumptions about what I will say to his decisions as if I literally blame everything on him. Mike Scioscia can't put together a lineup and he cannot manage a bullpen. EVERYTHING ELSE is fine. However, at the end of the day, those 2 areas are the most focused on because they have the biggest impact on day to day outcomes.

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm not sure you quite understand the game itself. Your fundamental comprehension of the game is little league at best. You make assumptions about what I will say to his decisions as if I literally blame everything on him. Mike Scioscia can't put together a lineup and he cannot manage a bullpen. EVERYTHING ELSE is fine. However, at the end of the day, those 2 areas are the most focused on because they have the biggest impact on day to day outcomes.

no they don't.  lineup construction is known to have a marginal impact on the game from a saber standpoint as long as your best players are toward the top and your worst players are toward the bottom.  

I don't love Mike's pen management.  Never have.  But there's a template for him being successful.  If there's an opportunity to maximize your manager's strengths, then why not do that?  He was a much better manager last year when he had a much better pen.  

you put last years pen on this team and we're right up there toward the top of the division.  

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

How is it that some year or another we either have the most injuries or the worst this or the worst that...bad decisions factor into the end results. Injuries sure, that's not on scioscia, but after X number of years that excuse is moot. 1 year: absolutely, 2 years: sure, 3 years: hmmm, 4 years: don't think so, 5 years: nope, 6 years: F*ck no.

How many combinations of outfielders, 2nd baseman, relievers, closers, leadoff hitters, 3rd baseman, managers, GM's do you need to see before you realize that the one constant could potentially be the real problem.

I don’t know but to pretend we haven’t had very important players injured, is just lying to yourself.   I’ll ask you this.   If you had to create an everyday line up how many Angels except for Trout, Simmons and Upton would end up on your roster?  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

no they don't.  lineup construction is known to have a marginal impact on the game from a saber standpoint as long as your best players are toward the top and your worst players are toward the bottom.  

I don't love Mike's pen management.  Never have.  But there's a template for him being successful.  If there's an opportunity to maximize your manager's strengths, then why not do that?  He was a much better manager last year when he had a much better pen.  

you put last years pen on this team and we're right up there toward the top of the division.  

Come on man! You can't be serious with that? Bad decisions can be covered up with players performing out of their minds. Its easy to manage when things are going your way, its much harder to manage when they aren't. Your decisions are magnified and that is a glaring issue this year. (IMO the last 4 years but that again is my opinion)

49 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Dude you’re such a dip shit.  I’m sorry that I’m referencing actual realities with the team and that it runs counter to your Scoiscia is the cause of everything argument.  Every single response from you starts with some kind of ad hominem attack.  lol. My “little league” comprehension of the game.  I’m senile etc.  really, you’re very clever.  

In this thread your argument is that injuries are “exuses” and that Scoscia’s “decisions” are causing players to play badly.  Which, there is zero evidence for.  Scoiscia being a constant doesn’t automatically make him the variable that unlocks the puzzle.  The Angels have been poorly run for quite a long while.  We drafted horribly for years.  The chickens came home to roost.  For some reason you aren’t able to process that.  

We have a bunch of players playing badly.  No manager is going to correct that.  No line up change will fix it.  Scoiscia brings a lot of positives to the table.  People who aren’t completely blinded by nonsensical blame games see that and are hesitant to make a change for the sake of change.  Please tell me how many Angels teams in the last 10 years were good enough to win the Al West,  but didn’t because they Scoscia underpreformed.  You can’t and if you argue that you can you’re full of shit.  The Angels have been Mike Trout away from being the worst team in the league for several years.  I think there’s a lot of evidence that Mike Scoiscia got more wins out of them then maybe we should have expected. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I don’t know but to pretend we haven’t had very important players injured, is just lying to yourself.   I’ll ask you this.   If you had to create an everyday line up how many Angels except for Trout, Simmons and Upton would end up on your roster?  

How many teams wouldn't trade multiple pieces to upgrade their roster...Come on Strad. Yes injuries have been bad lately but like I said its the decision making or lack there of that is amplified. Weaknesses can be hidden. Not every single team every single year is going to have the chips fall like they want them to. Yet some how, there are teams every year with far less talent on the roster than the angels have, that make the playoffs. i'll give you 1-2 years of issues, but after this long theres a bigger problem than injuries.

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

What exactly does your post do? Are you the hype man in the back of a fight? Do you have an actual opinion or are you just going to be a mindless sheep?

Edge-lord calling people sheep is edgy...      Everything you just threw at Arch could easily be thrown at you -- you just hold the opposite opinion to those you are trying to disparage..   The truth is the only thing as annoying as the "sheep" are the morons that revel in the team losing so that can break out the same tired takes...  

MS is the last remaining fulcrum of hate it seems, I'll be happy when he's gone just to not have to see the same stupid points made on both sides (neither side will convince the other of anything), and because I really want to see if history repeats itself.. 

It was the geniuses on this board, the ones who weren't content with merely making the playoffs than wanted the Angels to be more like the Yankees and Red Sox..  Enter AP, CJ and Hamilton.  Those same geniuses used to argue that GA was lazy and overrated until he got old and it took a decade to replace him.  They couldn't stop talking about how Bill Stoneman was boring and never made trades, it's taken a decade and three GMs for the team to finally start to get the franchise anywhere near close to where he left it.  Then it was Howie blah blah blah blah..  sliders away....  future batting champ... blah blah.   The search for his replacement continues.

I genuinely wish the end of MS would mean the end of the stupid but it wont..    Looking forward to the constant calls for Arte to sell the team once MS is gone..

Come on man! You can't be serious with that? Bad decisions can be covered up with players performing out of their minds. Its easy to manage when things are going your way, its much harder to manage when they aren't. Your decisions are magnified and that is a glaring issue this year. (IMO the last 4 years but that again is my opinion)

So let me get this straight.  When the Angels have guys playing well. It’s definitely not Scoiscia, but when they’re bad it is.  

Makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

How many teams wouldn't trade multiple pieces to upgrade their roster...Come on Strad. Yes injuries have been bad lately but like I said its the decision making or lack there of that is amplified. Weaknesses can be hidden. Not every single team every single year is going to have the chips fall like they want them to. Yet some how, there are teams every year with far less talent on the roster than the angels have, that make the playoffs. i'll give you 1-2 years of issues, but after this long theres a bigger problem than injuries.

I completely disagree that teams with less talent are making the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Also you didn’t answer my question.  

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dude you’re such a dip shit.  I’m sorry that I’m referencing actual realities with the team and that it runs counter to your Scoiscia is the cause of everything argument.  Every single response from you starts with some kind of ad hominem attack.  lol. My “little league comprehension of the game.  I’m senile etc.  really, you’re very clever.  

In this thread your argument is that injuries are “exuses” and that Scoscia’s “decisions” are causing players to play badly.  Which, there is zero evidence for.  Scoiscia being a constant doesn’t make him variable that unlocks the puzzle.  The Angels have been poorly run for quite a long while.  We drafted horribly for years.  The chickens came home to roost.  For some reason you aren’t able to process that.  

We have a bunch of players playing badly.  No manager is going to correct that.  No line up change will fix it.  Scoiscia brings a lot of positives to the table.  People who aren’t completely blinded by nonsensical blame games see that and are hesitant to make a change for the sake of change.  Please tell me how many Angels teams in the last 10 years were good enough to win the Al West,  but didn’t because they Scoscia underpreformed.  You can’t and if you argue that you can you’re full of shit.  The Angels have been Mike Trout away from being the worst team in the league for several years.  I think there’s a lot of evidence that Mike Scoiscia got more wins out of them then maybe we should have expected. 

retro comic books GIF by RETRO-FIEND

You have the right to see the game however it is you're seeing it.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Also you didn’t answer my question.  

The answer to your question is I wouldn't be able to change it because you have to work with what you have. I would add a RF and a closer to the team, but I would have also done that a while ago. At the rate you will be out of it well before the trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So no response.  About what I figured. 

I'm pretty much done responding to you. You don't see the team or the game the way I do. I'm not saying i'm superior to you in any way, i'm saying you literally don't seem to be watching what I am so therefore arguing with you about it is a waste of my time.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The answer to your question is I wouldn't be able to change it because you have to work with what you have. I would add a RF and a closer to the team, but I would have also done that a while ago. At the rate you will be out of it well before the trade deadline.

So this is a playoff team in your eyes?

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

when would you have added a right fielder and closer? 

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

So this is a playoff team in your eyes?

It easily could be, but we may be past the point of no return. I told you my sense of urgency started way early in the season. You add a closer and a competent right fielder and you're going to tell me you couldn't chase down the mariners? Everyone on here is saying how lucky they are, why wouldn't you be able to catch that based on that assumption?

I'm pretty much done responding to you. You don't see the team or the game the way I do. I'm not saying i'm superior to you in any way, i'm saying you literally don't seem to be watching what I am so therefore arguing with you about it is a waste of my time.

Why are you posting at all if you don’t want a response ? Basically you just want everyone to agree with you it sounds like. 

Please, I really want to hear how a manager can “work with what he has” and beat teams that are better.  And let’s be clear.  In this thought game, the manager in question has an inferior team.  Articulate how in baseball, over a 162 game season.  A manager works with what he has and beats better teams consistently enough to make the playoffs. 

I think you have zero grasp on what impact a manager actually has on a teams on the field performance.  Explain and prove me wrong. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Lou said:

when would you have added a right fielder and closer? 

I would have first brought one in well before the season started (so that's on Eppler). However, with the hand he was dealt I didn't need to see more than the first week of the season to know if I wanted to compete I didn't need to be putting Parker or Bedrosian in the 9th...As for the RF, when Calhoun couldn't bat his weight I would have made the move to bring someone up and actually give them the consistent opportunity that Calhoun was given or make a trade for just about anything.