• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you feel is management's plan?

Torridd

12 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

How bout you read a thread title and then actually answer the question instead of creating your own thread agenda.  Unless of course you think that managements plan is to fire Mike Scioscia. 

What do I think managements plan is?

im hoping not resign the manager that hasn’t made the post season in 8 of 9 seasons after 2018. 

Yesterday is a prime example . Alvarez out, cam in, number don’t lie. 

Just now, nando714 said:

im hoping not resign the manager that hasn’t made the post season in 8 of 9 seasons after 2018. 

This post is from 10 years in the future.

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

And i answered it.  Look i get it, you think wait and see is a good idea, i dont, not with things as they are.  In another month the only thing that happens is we give away more games in the standing instead of gaining them as we should be.

This is perhaps the most frustrating start to a season i can ever remember.  This is a team that by any measurement should be in the race, yet is quickly becoming an also ran for one incredibly obvious reason that we have neglected for 2 years, what exactly would another month prove? 

Its not personal, you have every right to see things however you wish, but personally i couldnt disagree with this approach more.  

It isn’t about what I think is a good idea, it is what I think they are doing.  If it were up to me, I probably wouldn’t move any valuable future piece for anything other than a piece to be used now and in the future.  The thread asked what I feel management’s plan is, I shared what I thought their plan is, not what I would do.  

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Yesterday is a prime example . Alvarez out, cam in, number don’t lie. 

Also, if you want to call me a troll, fine, whatever.  It would make a lot more sense to do it in a thread where I was trolling and not in a thread where I have actually shared my thoughts on the subject.  In this thread you are much more the troll.  

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

The biggest trolls on the site, bar none

It has become a legitimate breeding ground of mediocrity with the willingness to accept such poor results. People in LA want Dave Roberts fired for his bad decisions less than 6 months after they lost in the world series...yet after 8 years of 0 playoff wins, people can still (with a straight face) say that what is going on in Anaheim is ok...disgusting.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

and yet the angels are in the top 5 in starting pitching ERA? You will justify just about anything to make sure the excuse train keeps on rolling.

No I won’t.  When Scoiscia does something I think is egregious I say so.  Otherwise you guys are making a big deal out of pretty minor things. 

And the starting pitching can have a good ERA but if the offense doesn’t score runs consistently it doesn’t really matter.  The Angels offensive metrics are skewed by a few games where they scored a bunch of runs.  If you look game by game they’re scoring less then 3 runs like 40% if the time or more.  That’s bad.  Also, the starters have been fine but they aren’t giving us a lot of innings.  We have 3 pitchers coming off major injury and another two that needed the platlet injections.  Eppler rolled the dice and dice blew up in his face.  He should have done more with the bullpen.  That’s not on Scoiscia. 

It has become a legitimate breeding ground of mediocrity with the willingness to accept such poor results. People in LA want Dave Roberts fired for his bad decisions less than 6 months after they lost in the world series...yet after 8 years of 0 playoff wins, people can still (with a straight face) say that what is going on in Anaheim is ok...disgusting.

It sounds like you might be happier changing your red cap out for a blue one. 

um, people here want to fire Scioscia.  So it is the same.  People wanted to fire Scioscia on this site for the last 12-14 years.  So we can all say fire Scioscia it isn’t going to matter.  Arte is the one who has to listen.  

Common demonator since 2010.

just saying 

Common denominator since 2000. I'm not a huge Scioscia fan, but let's at least include his whole body of work. Of course the second act hasn't been as good as the first, but I put that more on Reagins and Dipoto and their terrible moves.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

No I won’t.  When Scoiscia does something I think is egregious I say so.  Otherwise you guys are making a big deal out of pretty minor things. 

And the starting pitching can have a good ERA but if the offense doesn’t score runs consistently it doesn’t really matter.  The Angels offensive metrics are skewed by a few games where they scored a bunch of runs.  If you look game by game they’re scoring less then 3 runs like 40% if the time or more.  That’s bad.  Also, the starters have been fine but they aren’t giving us a lot of innings.  We have 3 pitchers coming off major injury and another two that needed the platlet injections.  Eppler rolled the dice and dice blew up in his face.  He should have done more with the bullpen.  That’s not on Scoiscia. 

You're literally making my argument for me...i'll let you figure out why.

Trot out a team that will be good enough to ensure three million fans attending.  as long as their salaries don't put us over the cap. 

Arte would like to win a World Series, but the above statement is his bottom line, in his heart of hearts. If winning a WS means exceeding the salary cap by over, say, 10 mil, then he's not interested. 

I guess when you have hundreds of millions, you want billions.

In his defense, spending millions on FA hasnt worked out well. I think he is a bit gun shy still.

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Mattingly took the Dodgers to the playoffs  year in and year out and that wasn’t good enough

he would have been awarded a 10 year contract in Anaheim.....oh wait.......

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Common denominator since 2000. I'm not a huge Scioscia fan, but let's at least include his whole body of work. Of course the second act hasn't been as good as the first, but I put that more on Reagins and Dipoto and their terrible moves.

But that would change some narratives.  Look I don’t care whether he is here or not, but since I don’t just go along with the narrative that everything he does is bad and all of his decisions suck despite the lack of talent, I am consider a Scioscia Lover.  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

um, people here want to fire Scioscia.  So it is the same.  People wanted to fire Scioscia on this site for the last 12-14 years.  So we can all say fire Scioscia it isn’t going to matter.  Arte is the one who has to listen.  

However, you defend his continuous misuse of a bullpen who is already mediocre at best. You have to be able to work with what you are given, and he is incapable of it. Not every player is the worst player in the league yet they are producing as such. You can have the right pieces and use them incorrectly and the results will always be the same. Failure at its highest level. That's horrifying to me.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He had a solid run from 2000-09 and ownership made the worse mistake in franchise history by handing him a iron clad 10 year contract. Not 5, not 6....but 10! 

Hope it was worth it

Mattingly took the Dodgers year in and year out and that wasn’t good enough

he would have been awarded a 10 year contract in Anaheim.....oh wait.......

So fucking what.  If you want to envy what they do, go right ahead.  I choose not to.  I didn’t want a ten year contract for Mike.  I don’t care if he gets fired.  I don’t think he is the reason we are losing.  My guess is if you had to pick 7 guys to put in your bullpen, none of the Scioscia haters would want any of these guys.  Sure Alvarez has been good this year and he should have been given another batter, but EVERY single person on here wanted him shitcanned the last several years.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It sounds like you might be happier changing your red cap out for a blue one. 

Are you even reading what i'm writing? At what point did I even imply i'm a dodgers fan? I'll just assume you're senile or blind...that's should clear up any misguided association I may have for your fandom.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

However, you defend his continuous misuse of a bullpen who is already mediocre at best. You have to be able to work with what you are given, and he is incapable of it. Not every player is the worst player in the league yet they are producing as such. You can have the right pieces and use them incorrectly and the results will always be the same. Failure at its highest level. That's horrifying to me.

No but we have the worst pen in the league.  He should have left Alvarez in for another batter, but with a quality pen we don’t go to the 2nd pitcher of the ninth inning.  Our closer shit the bed, again.  

9 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm just saying this is not all on the manager. The team itself is a mess. I don't think it's fair to assess his performance on what's happened with the injuries and the makeup of the roster.

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Are you even reading what i'm writing? At what point did I even imply i'm a dodgers fan? I'll just assume you're senile or blind...that's should clear up any misguided association I may have for your fandom.

Well, you seen pretty impressed with their willingness to turn on Dave Roberts.   You said it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

But...but...it's not his fault!

He's doing the best he can with the players he's been given. He's a great manager. Anyone else we hire is bound to be a disappointment next to Mike. I say give him five more years, we're bound to win another World Series with him at the helm. Just be patient.

Yesterday was definitely his fault.    

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

No but we have the worst pen in the league.  He should have left Alvarez in for another batter, but with a quality pen we don’t go to the 2nd pitcher of the ninth inning.  Our closer shit the bed, again.  

How is it that some year or another we either have the most injuries or the worst this or the worst that...bad decisions factor into the end results. Injuries sure, that's not on scioscia, but after X number of years that excuse is moot. 1 year: absolutely, 2 years: sure, 3 years: hmmm, 4 years: don't think so, 5 years: nope, 6 years: F*ck no.

How many combinations of outfielders, 2nd baseman, relievers, closers, leadoff hitters, 3rd baseman, managers, GM's do you need to see before you realize that the one constant could potentially be the real problem.