• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you feel is management's plan?

Torridd

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’ve memtioned this a few times but I think Eppler is going to see how this team is playing at the deadline, he’s going to see if the current team deserves to be upgraded at the deadline.  If he does anything before that it’s for a long term player and not a rental.  

This is one of the worst plans ever... at this rate it becomes self fulfilling.  The pen alone has taken us out of the race to date, there is 100% zero reason to expect that to change, waiting a month means we are effectively already out of it and there is no reason to make effort.  Bullpen management has been a concern, but frankly im not as concerned about that when he literally has a 50/50 shot that whoever he brings in is going to throw gas on the fire.   Literally EVERY other problem we have, slumps, etc... are not a factor if the bullpen was average.  If the bullpen performs to Sea levels we are literally in first place.

To the original question, i think the plan is maximizing profitability and giving the impression of making an effort enough to keep drawing 3 mil to the gate, but making a serious run competitively speaking is not a priority in the face of that.  I feel they have conceded the division to Hou, and the league to Hou/NY/Bos, and do not bellieve we have a real chance without getting hammered by luxury tax which they will not do.  

We will not be competitive again, really, till after Albert retires and Trout is gone on to greener pastures.  I've accepted that as their plan.  I dont like it, i think its asinine when you have a guy like Trout, but clearly the money matters more, which isnt what i thought we got with Arte but i guess thats where we are.

26 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So far I've been correct for 9 years...so you know...there's that.

I don't think it's Scioscia's fault. We've had plenty of successful years under his helm when the team had a lot of injuries. Sometimes we don't appreciate things until they're gone. I don't think we can see if you're correct until we have a new manager.

12 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I don't think it's Scioscia's fault. We've had plenty of successful years under his helm when the team had a lot of injuries. Sometimes we don't appreciate things until they're gone. I don't think we can see if you're correct until we have a new manager.

What do you consider successful? 0 playoff wins in since 09. I'm looking forward to appreciating him once he's gone.

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

But he’s not wrong. Once you’ve made your point but keep posting the same crap ad nauseum you’re a whiny little bitch. You and a few others should just go start a circle jerk and congratulate each other on how smart you are for predicting the misery then perpetuating it 

What exactly does your post do? Are you the hype man in the back of a fight? Do you have an actual opinion or are you just going to be a mindless sheep?

11 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Sometimes a changing of the gaurd after a long term stint is just necessary. I think Scioscia is tired. 

4 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Sometimes a changing of the gaurd after a long term stint is just necessary. I think Scioscia is tired. 

Agreed, but as manager since 2000, he has earned finishing out this season.   Just focus on further prepping of the youngsters for next season and beyond.

With the right bullpen acquisitions and Ohtani's health, this is at least a serious WC game contender in 2019.   Year 4 of Eppler's plan

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Agreed, but as manager since 2000, he has earned finishing out this season.   Just focus on further prepping of the youngsters for next season and beyond.

With the right bullpen acquisitions and Ohtani's health, this is at least a serious WC game contender in 2019.

I agree. He has earned the right to finish it out, but as a lame duck manager, he could actually do more by doing less. From what I see he's overthinking it. Yesterday was a perfect example.

43 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is one of the worst plans ever... at this rate it becomes self fulfilling.  The pen alone has taken us out of the race to date, there is 100% zero reason to expect that to change, waiting a month means we are effectively already out of it and there is no reason to make effort.  Bullpen management has been a concern, but frankly im not as concerned about that when he literally has a 50/50 shot that whoever he brings in is going to throw gas on the fire.   Literally EVERY other problem we have, slumps, etc... are not a factor if the bullpen was average.  If the bullpen performs to Sea levels we are literally in first place.

To the original question, i think the plan is maximizing profitability and giving the impression of making an effort enough to keep drawing 3 mil to the gate, but making a serious run competitively speaking is not a priority in the face of that.  I feel they have conceded the division to Hou, and the league to Hou/NY/Bos, and do not bellieve we have a real chance without getting hammered by luxury tax which they will not do.  

We will not be competitive again, really, till after Albert retires and Trout is gone on to greener pastures.  I've accepted that as their plan.  I dont like it, i think its asinine when you have a guy like Trout, but clearly the money matters more, which isnt what i thought we got with Arte but i guess thats where we are.

Cool, story.  I wasn’t asked what I would do, I said what I thought that the plan was and I based it off of what they have done and what they did last year.  

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

What do you consider successful? 0 playoff wins in since 09. I'm looking forward to appreciating him once he's gone.

Well how about 0 playoff appearances in the time that Eppler has been here. Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Mike doesn't build the roster. Eppler did and this roster is not up to snuff in regards to offense or pitching. Name another guy on this team besides Trout, Simmons and sometimes Upton that scare you with the bat? If Trout was off this team what would this teams offensive production look like? Say we are middle of the pack in offense all you want but it's because Trout is so Facking incredible he carries a shit team to mediocrity 

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

At this point you are just a big troll. 

How bout you read a thread title and then actually answer the question instead of creating your own thread agenda.  Unless of course you think that managements plan is to fire Mike Scioscia. 

7 minutes ago, nando714 said:

At this point you are just a big troll. 

As opposed to the guy who says the Angels main problem is “tactical management” LoLZ. 

As opposed to our 4 hitter having a .284 OBP.  Or that we’ve had to endure Kole Calhoun and Luis Valbuena, bad versions of Ian Kinsler and Zach Cozart etc.  all this plus a very shaken bullpen and 5 billion injuries. 

Something, something, fatman, something about Sosh loves his veterans, something, something, something lasagna and calzones. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Well how about 0 playoff appearances in the time that Eppler has been here. Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Mike doesn't build the roster. Eppler did and this roster is not up to snuff in regards to offense or pitching. Name another guy on this team besides Trout, Simmons and sometimes Upton that scare you with the bat? If Trout was off this team what would this teams offensive production look like? Say we are middle of the pack in offense all you want but it's because Trout is so Facking incredible he carries a shit team to mediocrity 

So tell me how many teams have players at all 9 positions and 5 starting pitchers that scare you? That is such a cop out excuse.

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Cool, story.  I wasn’t asked what I would do, I said what I thought that the plan was and I based it off of what they have done and what they did last year.  

And i answered it.  Look i get it, you think wait and see is a good idea, i dont, not with things as they are.  In another month the only thing that happens is we give away more games in the standing instead of gaining them as we should be.

This is perhaps the most frustrating start to a season i can ever remember.  This is a team that by any measurement should be in the race, yet is quickly becoming an also ran for one incredibly obvious reason that we have neglected for 2 years, what exactly would another month prove? 

Its not personal, you have every right to see things however you wish, but personally i couldnt disagree with this approach more.  

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So tell me how many teams have players at all 9 positions and 5 starting pitchers that scare you? That is such a cop out excuse.

The Angels have guys at 3 positions that teams may consider good.  The rest are bad or are rookies and we don’t know.  

We also have what is it now ? 5 starting pitchers out of operation.  And our presumptive closer.  The Angels problems are obvious and in your face.  They’ve been the same problems for years.  You just want to assign blame to one place.  It’s dumb. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

As opposed to the guy who says the Angels main problem is “tactical management” LoLZ. 

As opposed to our 4 hitter having a .284 OBP.  Or that we’ve had to endure Kole Calhoun and Luis Valbuena, bad versions of Ian Kinsler and Zach Cozart etc.  all this plus a very shaken bullpen and 5 billion injuries. 

Something, something, fatman, something about Sosh loves his veterans, something, something, something lasagna and calzones. 

Sorry, can’t hear you. Take something out of your mouth that belongs to sosh

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

you're delusional. Houston is the only team top to bottom that has that elite of a lineup and they just won the world series. All other teams have holes and injuries and yet some how some way they seem to make the playoffs.

Please do tell.  Tell us all about the even average players that the Angels have to insert insert in the line up. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels have guys at 3 positions that teams may consider good.  The rest are bad or are rookies and we don’t know.  

We also have what is it now ? 5 starting pitchers out of operation. 

and yet the angels are in the top 5 in starting pitching ERA? You will justify just about anything to make sure the excuse train keeps on rolling.