• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Mike Trout Might Be the Most Dominant Player Ever

11 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Why the angels need to free mike trout..

How the angels didn’t take advantage of mike trout’s prime

Those headlines should be coming out soon

Add...

"The greatest regular season player of all time"

Trout is an absolute pleasure to watch everyday. It seems every time he comes up, we're guaranteed a run or a baserunner...or a man LOB with the way our lineup is haha.

And it's cool because it really does feel to me I'm watching the best season I've ever seen a player play. He makes getting on base twice a game with excellent defense look like it's nothing. He's the only non-Bonds player I've seen who can legit carry a team by himself for games

One of the things that stood out to me in the espn article was that hes been better than seattle griffey. That surprised me. Seattle griffey seemed like the benchmark for MVP (phenom glove CF whos one of the most feared bats in the game).

I hate to say it, but hes been robbed with how poor the team has been. Cant even imagine what his counting stats would be if he played in a better lineup these past few years.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One of the things that stood out to me in the espn article was that hes been better than seattle griffey. That surprised me. Seattle griffey seemed like the benchmark for MVP (phenom glove CF whos one of the most feared bats in the game).

I hate to say it, but hes been robbed with how poor the team has been. Cant even imagine what his counting stats would be if he played in a better lineup these past few years.

I actually think the weak lineup has helped him... from a WAR standpoint. Teams have feared pitching to him and thus he's earned a lot of free passes. Just like Bonds, most of his WAR came from all the walks he was given due to the fear he instilled in his opponents. Obviously teams walk guys like Trout and Bonds because they fear the alternatives, but the numbers show that most players can't consistently out slug a guaranteed free pass.

21 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Harper walks a lot too, and he's only hitting .213/.350/.471. 

Even if the Angels had someone much better than Upton, I doubt it'd change anything. Trout is the best hitter in baseball and he's the last hitter any pitcher wants to see.

They would pitch to him more if there was stronger support behind him in the lineup. It's not like he's coming up with men on base.