• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Billy Eppler

Chuck

I'm totally cool if you squander this season and go with young guys the rest of the way out in an effort to go full throttle this offseason in free agency.

This will get our prospects some Major League time such as Fletcher, Thaiss, Ward, some arms like Canning/Suarez/Pena/Castillo etc.).

Just use the rest of the time to evaluate our youth and farm system, as well as our major league staff. 

Do what is best with Ohtani. If hitting will be a detriment to the overall health of his elbow. SHUT HIM DOWN. Get surgery now! We have him for 5 more years. 

Tell Trout privately what the plan is. That you're going to go for it in free agency and trades during the offseason, but at the same time you're not going to deal our top prospects such as Adell, Canning, etc.

I'm so done with this bullpen and even Mike Scioscia. Sosh had a good run and will be a HOF manager no doubt, but change is good. Make some good trades in the offseason for good bullpen arms, maybe sign a legit closer. Cut the fat on this roster (Valbuena, move Cozart to a utility role in '19 if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass post DL trip). 

Lastly, whatever you do... Do NOT deal any of our future for a bullpen arm or two, because this 2018 club has some holes that cannot be fixed with one trade unless you're the smartest man on earth and land a Machado/Britton type deal that doesn't cost us Canning/Adell types that gives us hope soon for a late '18 push. 

Be smart, but the time is closing in to shit or get off the pot.

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The one where we got Shohei Ohtani and Justin Upton ? 

Disagree. 

Didn't we already have Upton? 

There's still the problems of:

ValBuena, Marte, Parker, Bedrosian, Scioscia...

3 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

Didn't we already have Upton? 

There's still the problems of:

ValBuena, Marte, Parker, Bedrosian, Scioscia...

He made sure he stayed.  And you wouldn’t have kept Parker ? They controlled him anyway I think, and he was one of the best relievers in the league last year.  The others the Angels already controlled also.  Not new additions in 2018. 

As much as I agree, I don’t see the Angels waving the white flag.  Arte and Eppler will put bandaids over the wounds and keep pretending we are a contending ball club this year.  We would have to be 10-15 games under .500 before they acknowledge the obvious.  We will just have to buckle up and get ready for the ride. 

Kinsler and Cozart were cheap signings/trades. 

They were good additions at the time. No knock on Eppler for that. 

Middleton was off to a good start, then had TJ surgery. Blake Parker shit the bed in ST and it carried over into the season, until mid-May. 

Lots of things were out of his control, but I feel we'd be in a much better position in the standings (15 blown saves) if we spent some of that Arte Yacht fuel money on a Wade Davis type. 

Speaking of Billy Eppler.  This week I’ve been thinking a lot about those Caesar Hernandez rumors that went back to last season.   I really do wonder if maybe paying up for him would have been the right move.  I think the only guy I wouldn’t have traded is Adell. 

Hind sight is 50/50 of course.  But I think we’re a lot better off today with him.  More importantly we’re a lot better off in the “Trout window” 

Edited by UndertheHalo