Recommended Posts

On 5/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Brandon said:

 

Board and Brews seems to have a good rotation, but they always have their own pale ale (I think it's theirs) as #1 and Pranqster as #2. 

Most likely a brewery making it for them. That Selma's pizza place I have mentioned on here a few times have their own beers, but it's actually Firestone Walker that brews them. Oggies does the same thing, their beer are made by Left Coast, but they are both owned by the same guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Most likely a brewery making it for them. That Selma's pizza place I have mentioned on here a few times have their own beers, but it's actually Firestone Walker that brews them. Oggies does the same thing, their beer are made by Left Coast, but they are both owned by the same guy.

No doubt, they definitely don't brew their own beer and I now think it may even say the brewer. I never get it. I just know #1 is always the same light ale and #2 is Pranqster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a Pliny the Eldar and Damnation today at TW&M.  Both from Russian River Brewing Company. 

I've never had Damnation and didn't read the label until I was finished. It is refermented in the bottle and they recommend pouring so the thin layer of yeast remains in the bottle.  Oh well, I drank the whole bottle. Very tasty, with a very light hint of fruit.  They identity it as a Pilsner / Pale Ale brew.  Opening the bottle was a bit of a chore as it has a cork.  I had to really work that cork to open the bottle.  Might not be capable of doing that after downing a few.  Will buy again if I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me and my buddy did a blind taste test with bud light, coors light and miller light.  I hate bud light, dislike coors and can somewhat stand miller light as long as I'm drinking 10+ of them.  

We were shocked, none of us could guess any of them right.   Moreso, if you look up youtube videos of beer bros trying to guess, they all get it wrong too.  later we had five people try to tell the difference between Corona and Modelo, and five for five guessed wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

me and my buddy did a blind taste test with bud light, coors light and miller light.  I hate bud light, dislike coors and can somewhat stand miller light as long as I'm drinking 10+ of them.  

We were shocked, none of us could guess any of them right.   Moreso, if you look up youtube videos of beer bros trying to guess, they all get it wrong too.  later we had five people try to tell the difference between Corona and Modelo, and five for five guessed wrong.

fwiw, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in any of them, either. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

We already know you get your fix on pumpkin beer.

you better believe it, fishbulb st1ck!!

i'm in discussions with the good people at trader joe's about their delicious holiday offerings for the fall. i'll hook you up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, eaterfan said:

Anyone here try Pliny for President yet? I enjoyed it. Very piney like the original, but I think it's an even cleaner flavor and a little less sweet. 

The Double Dry Hop really brings out the hops more and while still piney, it is well balanced. I dont find Elder sweet unless you are drinking a three week old bottle but who would do such a crazy thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WEIRD fact about IPA, pale ale
 

Pale ale and IPA beer drinkers are more likely to be risk-takers and sensation-seekers, according to a new study.

Despite ale drinkers being perceived as calmer than their lager cousins they still have an edge, scientists believe. The unexpected results of the study involved personality assessments and blind taste tests to discover links when it comes to bitter taste.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Redondo said:
WEIRD fact about IPA, pale ale
 

Pale ale and IPA beer drinkers are more likely to be risk-takers and sensation-seekers, according to a new study.

Despite ale drinkers being perceived as calmer than their lager cousins they still have an edge, scientists believe. The unexpected results of the study involved personality assessments and blind taste tests to discover links when it comes to bitter taste.

 

Why does it say "weird fact" when it's not a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.