• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Most likely a brewery making it for them. That Selma's pizza place I have mentioned on here a few times have their own beers, but it's actually Firestone Walker that brews them. Oggies does the same thing, their beer are made by Left Coast, but they are both owned by the same guy.

No doubt, they definitely don't brew their own beer and I now think it may even say the brewer. I never get it. I just know #1 is always the same light ale and #2 is Pranqster.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a Pliny the Eldar and Damnation today at TW&M.  Both from Russian River Brewing Company. 

I've never had Damnation and didn't read the label until I was finished. It is refermented in the bottle and they recommend pouring so the thin layer of yeast remains in the bottle.  Oh well, I drank the whole bottle. Very tasty, with a very light hint of fruit.  They identity it as a Pilsner / Pale Ale brew.  Opening the bottle was a bit of a chore as it has a cork.  I had to really work that cork to open the bottle.  Might not be capable of doing that after downing a few.  Will buy again if I see it.

me and my buddy did a blind taste test with bud light, coors light and miller light.  I hate bud light, dislike coors and can somewhat stand miller light as long as I'm drinking 10+ of them.  

We were shocked, none of us could guess any of them right.   Moreso, if you look up youtube videos of beer bros trying to guess, they all get it wrong too.  later we had five people try to tell the difference between Corona and Modelo, and five for five guessed wrong.

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

me and my buddy did a blind taste test with bud light, coors light and miller light.  I hate bud light, dislike coors and can somewhat stand miller light as long as I'm drinking 10+ of them.  

We were shocked, none of us could guess any of them right.   Moreso, if you look up youtube videos of beer bros trying to guess, they all get it wrong too.  later we had five people try to tell the difference between Corona and Modelo, and five for five guessed wrong.

fwiw, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in any of them, either. 😉

5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

We already know you get your fix on pumpkin beer.

you better believe it, fishbulb st1ck!!

i'm in discussions with the good people at trader joe's about their delicious holiday offerings for the fall. i'll hook you up.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, eaterfan said:

Anyone here try Pliny for President yet? I enjoyed it. Very piney like the original, but I think it's an even cleaner flavor and a little less sweet. 

The Double Dry Hop really brings out the hops more and while still piney, it is well balanced. I dont find Elder sweet unless you are drinking a three week old bottle but who would do such a crazy thing?

• 2 weeks later...
WEIRD fact about IPA, pale ale

Pale ale and IPA beer drinkers are more likely to be risk-takers and sensation-seekers, according to a new study.

Despite ale drinkers being perceived as calmer than their lager cousins they still have an edge, scientists believe. The unexpected results of the study involved personality assessments and blind taste tests to discover links when it comes to bitter taste.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:
WEIRD fact about IPA, pale ale

Pale ale and IPA beer drinkers are more likely to be risk-takers and sensation-seekers, according to a new study.

Despite ale drinkers being perceived as calmer than their lager cousins they still have an edge, scientists believe. The unexpected results of the study involved personality assessments and blind taste tests to discover links when it comes to bitter taste.

Why does it say "weird fact" when it's not a fact.

• 2 weeks later...