• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

I was trippin' when I realized it was a Canadian beer.

Yeah, I almost mentioned that in my post. Don't know many from up there. I think they do another version, but I've been out of the loop for awhile. 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Brandon said:

It's funny how available it is, but I really like this as a Belgian. I use both hands and would grab this and a Tremens.

If you like La Fin Du Monde then you would really like Trois Pistoles, both really good Belgians by Unibroue.  If I’m not mistaken Trader Joe’s sells a Belgian and I think it is made by Unibroue.   

On 5/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Brandon said:

Which is weird because you don't see too many Mexicans down in those parts.......except that little auto collision and repair district

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If you like La Fin Du Monde then you would really like Trois Pistoles, both really good Belgians by Unibroue.  If I’m not mistaken Trader Joe’s sells a Belgian and I think it is made by Unibroue.   

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yeah, that's a good Belgian

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Have you tried Gulden Draak?  

Yeah, another good one.

I've had damn near every Belgian you can come up with. I moved onto strong ales that have Belgian tones or aren't heavy but start around 9%+

Again, I'm not a big beer guy these days. But I do love going to Board and Brews in Tustin and getting Pranqster which is essentially a Belgian/Strong hybrid that is 7.6% or so but is smooth.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, another good one.

I've had damn near every Belgian you can come up with. I moved onto strong ales that have Belgian tones or aren't heavy but start around 9%+

Again, I'm not a big beer guy these days. But I do love going to Board and Brews in Tustin and getting Pranqster which is essentially a Belgian/Strong hybrid that is 7.6% or so but is smooth.

I’ll have to try it.  

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, another good one.

Pranqster is a regular purchase for me. Have you tried Brother Thelonious? I think I actually like that one better. North Coast has a solid selection.

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Pranqster is a regular purchase for me. Have you tried Brother Thelonious? I think I actually like that one better. North Coast has a solid selection.

Yeah, one of my favorite darker strong ales. That shit packs some punch. It's been awhile, but there is a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint in Tustin that has a liquor store next door. While waiting for the pizza to be made I went over and they had this in there....I grabbed it for nostalgia purposes. James got me into this one 10-15 years ago.

Good beer.

Board and Brews seems to have a good rotation, but they always have their own pale ale (I think it's theirs) as #1 and Pranqster as #2. Those are always consistent. Then they kind of filter in the same styles but different beers when ordering new kegs....#3 will always be a Mexican lager, #4 will always be an IPA, etc. Their last tap is always nitro and one of the last times in there they had Old Rasputin on nitro......haven't had it in maybe 15 years. It was a nice mix up and good trip down memory lane.

Edited by Brandon

On 5/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Brandon said:

Board and Brews seems to have a good rotation, but they always have their own pale ale (I think it's theirs) as #1 and Pranqster as #2. 

Most likely a brewery making it for them. That Selma's pizza place I have mentioned on here a few times have their own beers, but it's actually Firestone Walker that brews them. Oggies does the same thing, their beer are made by Left Coast, but they are both owned by the same guy.