• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Moore

HaloRed

Yeah, I know, pass, but.  If there's a pitcher to jump on for that rebound with venue change opp, roll the dice on him!  Contract final year, Tex just demoted him to bullpen, maybe on the verge of dumping him.  Grab him while they could use another LHP, still a pretty good arm needing a better idea.  

This team loads up, then it becomes decimated with injuries season after season, it seems, that makes it so frustrating.  4 guys hit the DL yesterday with 2 SP's among them...I mean, come on!...do they leave the snakebite kit in Tempe or something?!  At least Cole and Simba are close to returning, but that damn needle on E for the team on the pitching is showing again at the 1/2 way point, too, shit!!!

Matt Moore is the epitome of the worst case scenario while coming back from TJS.   His stuff just isn't where it used to be.   Dude used to pump 93-95, the average velocity on his FB his rookie season was 96.5.    Post TJS the best he's managed is 93.7.   He's throwing the ball with more effort than ever and not getting the same pop, even worse it's flattening out the harder he tries to throw it.

Dude needs a reset -- he made it back from TJS sooner than most, and I think in rushing back he may have developed bad habits or just causes further damage.  When it's all said and done he just doesn't have the movement he did previously -- maybe a move to the pen can reinvigorate him but he's as badly in need of a reset as Kole Calhoun was.  Sometimes you can't do that at the MLB level...

Edited by Inside Pitch

Texas isn't going to pick up his option.  TJS, that he came back to soon,  the mention.  But, with the healing factor at play with a move to Anaheim, the general success rate after TJS, and his age, should Eppler not take the chance on him if the price isn't too steep?

3/5 of their rotation is ML patchwork as it is.  The Dodgers took Drew Hutchison on a ML deal as that was as Eppler just picked up Deck McGuire. 

It just sux seeing them go through this after loading up at the beginning of each season, it seems! 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Was a basketball player in college.....started at Center for my alma mater....

I do remember that.   Nash played for coach Don DeVoe while at Tennessee in the late 1970s.  
He arrived there the year after the Bernie and Ernie Show (Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld both All-Americans).

Survey says......one more for the good guys!     Oops, that was Scott Hall's NWO line.

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I do remember that.   Nash played for coach Don DeVoe while at Tennessee in the late 1970s.  
He arrived there the year after the Bernie and Ernie Show (Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld both All-Americans).

Survey says......one more for the good guys!     Oops, that was Scott Hall's NWO line.

Actually signed with Ray Mears but played for DeVoe....butted heads with DeVoe and transferred....he wasn't a bad player....saw him hold his own against Kevin McHale when Tenn played Minnesota in Knoxville....

29 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Actually signed with Ray Mears but played for DeVoe....butted heads with DeVoe and transferred....he wasn't a bad player....saw him hold his own against Kevin McHale when Tenn played Minnesota in Knoxville....

I do remember Mears coaching King and Grunfeld.    They played UCLA (and nat'l POTY Marques Johnson) at the Omni in January 1977, in a game televised by NBC.  

DeVoe was a task master coach.   Nash was of course a free spirit and a talented basketball player.

Didn't Nash return to his hometown Detroit to play for Detroit U.?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I do remember Mears coaching King and Grunfeld.    They played UCLA (and nat'l POTY Marques Johnson) at the Omni in January 1977, in a game televised by NBC.  

DeVoe was a task master coach.   Nash was of course a free spirit and a talented basketball player.

Didn't Nash return to his hometown Detroit to play for Detroit U.?

I think he left Tenn but ditched the transfer idea and ended up playing in Europe for a few years....then he became Big Nasty, a pretty good career move....