• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Day off tomorrow

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

I think we have enough of a sample size of losing ball games at this point to see something semi-drastic. 

Tomorrow feels like a day where you DFA a guy like Valbuena just to reset things a little

I could see them just saying fuck it and releasing both Young and either Marte or Valbuena.  Bring up EYjr, or Revere.  I do worry about Revere trying to play RF with his noodle arm.  

Just now, TroutField said:

I wish they would do something like call Up Thaiss to get 1st base reps as Valbuena gets dfa’d. Fletcher gets SS until Cozart or Simba are back, and Fernandez plays 3rd. 

The bigger question is who replaces Richards spot in the rotation? Canning possibly, or is that too bold for the Angels? 

I am not sure I waste a year of Canning for this team.  I want them to fight and be more consistent before I do something drastic with guys who have bright futures.  

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

At this point anything would be an upgrade

the bullpen management today was just atrocious 

Sorry but when your starter goes 5 yesterday and 2 today, I can’t possibly get upset at bullpen management.  Not to mention, he used 5 relief pitchers and the only one that didn’t give up a run pitched one inning and gave up 3 hits.  

I really like what the Red Sox and Yankees did as a template for hiring the next manager. Cora and Boone. Those are two guys who were well respected during their careers, worked as analysts following their playing career, and are young enough to understand how the game is changing, etc (Not a dig at Sosh).

I'd rather go for someone like that than get a retread like Ausmus or someone like Ebel

I think there will be some moves made, but probably not until the current road trip ends.  Of course they will have to make some decisions about replacing Richards and Cozart, but not before the severity of the injuries are fully known.  After 2-3 more are pulled from Salt Lake, the depth is going to be pretty thin.  Simmons, Calhoun, and Cowart returning from injury will help that process somewhat though, at least with regard to getting some warm bodies with experience is concerned.

21 minutes ago, nando714 said:

At this point anything would be an upgrade

the bullpen management today was just atrocious 

How can we still give Scisocia shit for mismanaging a gas can pen? He literally can’t rely on any pitcher consistently outside of Parker recently. These players need to produce this isn’t his fault. 

I swear this team was founded on a cursed Indian burial site. We get one of the best players in the history of baseball and we can’t get him to the playoffs, we get the most exciting player in baseball and he possibly needs Tommy John 2 1/2 months after taking the MLB by storm. 

6 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I really like what the Red Sox and Yankees did as a template for hiring the next manager. Cora and Boone. Those are two guys who were well respected during their careers, worked as analysts following their playing career, and are young enough to understand how the game is changing, etc (Not a dig at Sosh).

I'd rather go for someone like that than get a retread like Ausmus or someone like Ebel

Interim manager***

i never said HIRE ausmus or ebel. Those aren’t my first choice is sosh got the ax