• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Angry Will You Be if Trout Leaves/Demands Trade?

47 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

tenor.gif.1b3a8b8436e4fb4322436a7359c1ee70.gif

oh, I wouldn't be angry with him at all. He's earned the right to do as he pleases. 

but just like every other player not on the Angels, I would pull for him to go into a career-long slump. 

(exceptions made for certain Bruins)

Just now, Tank said:

Not nearly as angry as all of the opinions about this topic (based on nothing at this point but insane projections and wild speculation) that we'll continue to see on this board over the next two plus years.

it never ceases to amaze me how people can bring up the same topics over and over and over. 

Trout would never demand a trade.  He would/will keep his mouth shut and play out his contract.  Guys who demand a trade do so because the team they are on show zero commitment to win.  The Angels are not the Marlins and never will be.  

We've got a solid major league team,  Not great but good.  We've got a very good farm system with many young players set to contribute.  

We will be an attractive destination for any player.  

I think Arte would be willing to pay Trout market value to be here for the rest of his career.  So will any number of teams.  

In the off season 2.5 years from now, Adell, Jones, Marsh and others will be studs, or good or decent or they'll suck.  My guess is that some combo of what we have now and what we will have is going to be pretty damn good come 2021.  

We need to stop thinking like 2018 is the only year that matters.  

2.5 years ago was the end of the 2015 season.  The Royals won the world series.  The Rangers won the AL west.  The Blue Jays won the AL east.  The red sox had 84 losses.  The Brewers had 94 losses.  The Mets won the NL east.  The Pirates had 98 wins.  The Phils lost 99 games.  In 2016, the Rangers won the west again with 96 wins.  Atlanta had 93 losses.  The brewers 89 losses.  The dbacks 93 losses.  

Here's the point.  Mike Trout isn't going anywhere for two and a half years.  The amount of time it's taken for Eppler to turn a spiraling franchise into a solid major league team with a promising farm system.  2.5 year is a baseball eternity.  He's not gonna demand a trade and he's not gonna be traded.  He's gonna get an opportunity to play out his career as an Angel being the highest paid player in baseball history.  For a team that, right now, has as good of a chance (better) as any team in baseball of being  a world series contender.  

If we aren't one of the teams that has a very good chance 2.5 years from now then catastrophe has struck or Eppler has failed.  But it's more likely that if he leaves, it's for personal reasons.  If he wants to win, we'll give him as good of a chance as any.  If he goes in spite of that?  then I wish a pujols like decline upon him.  

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is the second thread by the Ghost talking about Trout leaving. I think Bob is a cutter, inflicting pain on himself for no sane reason.

Ghost is SotoSpeaks.  He’s been here forever.   He’s played in our softball tournaments and been to our events.  

37 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ghost is SotoSpeaks.  He’s been here forever.   He’s played in our softball tournaments and been to our events.  

and has admitted he isn't that he isn't big of a fan 

On 6/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

There is a difference, but the end result is the same.  Not even the ghost of Buzzie Bavasi would rarionalize letting him go for two 7.0 WAR outfielders.  

No. The Angels will get fifteen 1 WAR players!