• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Angry Will You Be if Trout Leaves/Demands Trade?

18 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yea, I don’t care if you agree or not.  My favorite team has won a World Series.  My favorite team has not had a home grown inner circle hall of fame  player that stayed with the organization his entire career.  

Yea, it would be great to have both but the WS Championship is the ‘holy grail’ of baseball. 

When Trout starts his decline and there’s a new kid on the block ... most fans here will turn on him. Especially when he becomes Pujol 2 with a bigger contract. 

I respect your opinion. 

37 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

where would he demand to get traded?

the age of the mega contract in MLB appears to be over. 

trout is one of the few guys around who might be able to ask for an 8+ years, $200 mill+ contract, but that won't guarantee him a ring. 

Like all the damn players ask for Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, 

12 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Yea, it would be great to have both but the WS Championship is the ‘holy grail’ of baseball. 

When Trout starts his decline and there’s a new kid on the block ... most fans here will turn on him. Especially when he becomes Pujol 2 with a bigger contract. 

I respect your opinion. 

Yea I agree a lot of fans will turn on him, but we’ve never had a TRULY great home grown player, so the educated Angel fans won’t be too awful to him in the end.  

I won’t be angry that he demands a trade or leaves. He’s a great ball player and we probably got him at his all time peak. I never get mad at athletes for leaving. What I will be mad at will be the Angels for putting him in the situation to want to leave. If I was Arte I would be bending over backwards trying to make him happy. Best equipment best players best trainers managers etc so that he felt the Angels was the best organization on the planet so he wouldn’t want to look elsewhere. 

Just now, Taylor said:

Lol @ Trout asking for a trade

Has Manny Machado even asked for a trade? He's having a career year, in a contract year, and his team has the worst record in baseball.

Why would he ask for a trade now? He can just ride it out, and go wherever the hell he wants for a gazillion dollars come November.

You only ask for a trade if you have multiple years on your contract

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Why would he ask for a trade now? He can just ride it out, and go wherever the hell he wants for a gazillion dollars come November.

How many players can you name who have asked for trades?

44 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yea, I don’t care if you agree or not.  My favorite team has won a World Series.  My favorite team has not had a home grown inner circle hall of fame  player that stayed with the organization his entire career.  

I would be willing to bet right now, we still wont with Trout.  
Im just accepting the fact hat this team isnt good enough to be what he wants it to be, and he will leave for one that will be. 
The front office is either unwilling or unable to do the things that it needs to do to support him. 

Trout isn’t an asshole. He most likely isn’t going to “demand” a trade from an organization that openly recognizes he’s the best in the game and their franchise player.  

Having said that, I still think he resigns with the Angels.  Probably not for something ridiculous like ten years, but I still think he’ll net something near there. 

5 minutes ago, DEVLBAT said:

Trout isn’t an asshole. He most likely isn’t going to “demand” a trade from an organization that openly recognizes he’s the best in the game and their franchise player.  

Having said that, I still think he resigns with the Angels.  Probably not for something ridiculous like ten years, but I still think he’ll net something near there. 

If 10 years is what he wants, that's what he will get

4 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Well he can ask for a trade and still go wherever he wants in November.  

This will be an unpopular opinion here, but it might be better for us if he does want to leave and we trade him for a mega-haul of players and prospects. We already have a nice group of kids who are maturing quickly in the minors. If we shore up the bullpen and get our rotation settled, and Ohtani returns healthy, all of a sudden we've got an interesting team moving up the charts. We no longer have Trout and a bunch of nothing.

Oh, and Albert should retire soon because the new and improved Angels will have no place for him in the lineup.

7 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It is a tragedy that the Angels have wasted and will continue to waste Trout's prime years. When he hits FA and signs with a contender he'll only have a couple more years left of superhuman performance

He may have five or six more great years, followed by some really good ones. Babe Ruth put up a .985 OPS at age 39. Other all-time greats were very productive in their mid to late 30's. Hank Aaron, age 39, 1.045 OPS. Mays .987 at the same age, Ted Williams, 1.096 at age 41. Ty Cobb, the list goes on. Yes, some had big declines before that. Jimmie Foxx comes to mind as an example, but many of the greats continued to be great through their 30's.

It would suck but who could blame him.

He is the best player in the world and is stuck with a dinosaur for a manager and a defunct team that can't win.  If I were him, I would be asking for a trade at the deadline next year if they aren't in it.  And the Angels should trade him by the deadline next year if they can't get an extension with him.  No way you can let him walk away for nothing.

Edited by nate

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

He may have five or six more great years, followed by some really good ones. Babe Ruth put up a .985 OPS at age 39. Other all-time greats were very productive in their mid to late 30's. Hank Aaron, age 39, 1.045 OPS. Mays .987 at the same age, Ted Williams, 1.096 at age 41. Ty Cobb, the list goes on. Yes, some had big declines before that. Jimmie Foxx comes to mind as an example, but many of the greats continued to be great through their 30's.

Based on many reports I’ve read, drinking issues most likely lead to the Jimmie Foxx decline.

9 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

So Baltimore is only gonna get 1 draft pick for him?