• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Angry Will You Be if Trout Leaves/Demands Trade?

I’d be sad.  Then I would root for the Angels.  If I had to choose between wining a World Series in the next ten years or having Mike Trout for the remainder of his career I would choose keeping Trout.  But if he leaves, I will be sad, I will appreciate what he did for us, and then I will go back to rooting for the team I have loved for 40 plus years.  

Then again Soto, you knew I would say this.  I hope you are doing well.  

4 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

There is quite a difference between him leaving and asking for a trade.

There is a difference, but the end result is the same.  Not even the ghost of Buzzie Bavasi would rarionalize letting him go for two 7.0 WAR outfielders.  

1 minute ago, tomsred said:

The organization will have to force a decision though, or getting virtually nothing in return would be a disaster.

Worst case scenario: Trout either asks out late in his deal, and the Angels are forced to trade him to get anything back at all, or he just decides to walk at the end of his deal and they get squat for probably the best player of our generation. I have to figure that something will be afoot contract-wise either this offseason or early in 2019. The Angels don't want to have 2020 roll around and have no idea where they stand with their best player.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

There is a difference, but the end result is the same.  Not even the ghost of Buzzie Bavasi would rarionalize letting him go for two 7.0 WAR outfielders.  

Well if he asked to go and someone offered two 7 WAR outfielders I would make that trade assuming those two guys aren’t old.  

Just now, TroutField said:

Request a trade? 

Seriously? This place is f’ing ridiculous sometimes. Pretty much unreadable today. 

Haha.  Losing streaks bring out the worst in this place, then you get swept by a division rival and this place is an abortion.  Glad I worked today and couldn’t take it all in live during the game.  

9 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Good luck finding two 7.0 war position players on the same team.

If you could, they'd be making a lot more than Trout, combined. And they wouldn't be as reliable.  This also goes for 5 WAR players.

7 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Haha.  Losing streaks bring out the worst in this place, then you get swept by a division rival and this place is an abortion.  Glad I worked today and couldn’t take it all in live during the game.  

I worked all day, got off work checked the score and laughed. Figured this place was on suicide watch, sure enough .... 

Dipoto or Eppler thread was the cherry on top, so thank you for that haha 

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I worked all day, got off work checked the score and laughed. Figured this place was on suicide watch, sure enough .... 

Dipoto or Eppler thread was the cherry on top, so thank you for that haha 

I just wanted the dudes to go on record so later on we could laugh at them.  

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Actually there were a few entertaining moments in this game from the Angels perspective. 

First the bad, the game was only on Facebook, and I hate Facebook.  The Mariners scoring in the last three innings also sucked, as well as their win overall.  Richards and Cozart injured, DL stints TBD.

The good, David Fletcher, triple, 3 hits, 2 RBI's, and a fantastic heads up play to keep a run off the board in inning 7.  Chris Young's almost cycle (triple, single and home run).  In April he had 4 hits, in May 5 hits, and in one day today in June he had 3.  Trout torched the Mariners again.

Did I mention that Facebook sucks?  If you want to launch your personal information into the nut cases in this world this is where you can do it.

where would he demand to get traded?

the age of the mega contract in MLB appears to be over. 

trout is one of the few guys around who might be able to ask for an 8+ years, $200 mill+ contract, but that won't guarantee him a ring. 

39 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’d be sad.  Then I would root for the Angels.  If I had to choose between wining a World Series in the next ten years or having Mike Trout for the remainder of his career I would choose keeping Trout.  But if he leaves, I will be sad, I will appreciate what he did for us, and then I will go back to rooting for the team I have loved for 40 plus years.  

Then again Soto, you knew I would say this.  I hope you are doing well.  

Oh shit, bob starr is Soto speaks??

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why anyone would choose Trout over WS is beyond me. If Trout left and the Angels won a WS ... Trout would be just a good memory. 

Yea, I don’t care if you agree or not.  My favorite team has won a World Series.  My favorite team has not had a home grown inner circle hall of fame  player that stayed with the organization his entire career.  

I would not be angry at all.

1. Trout has a right to play where he wants. He has earned that right.

2. Trout would have done more for Angels baseball than almost anybody else.

3. Baseball is just a game. There is more important things in life.

4. Trout in his 30's may not be as good as Trout in his 20's.

5. The Angels could get a boatload of prospects for Trout and save $40 million a year and sign 2 or 3 additional studs.... the year after Griffey left the mariners went 116-46.... I still cheered for Griffey.... but despised the Mariners.

6. Even if Trout goes to a different team we can still root for his success.

7. Even if Trout leaves does not me he may not come back someday.... again the Griffey example.

8. Trout may be justifiable in his reasons for wanting to leave.... be closer to his home & family or whatever his reasons may be.... he has the inalienable right to feel whatever way he wants.

9. it could end up serving as a wake up call to the Angels organization and motivate them to work even harder to be successful.

10. Trout would still probably go into the Hall of Fame as an Angel.... see Griffey & Pujols.