• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun news

Chuck

Kole Calhoun (oblique) is set to begin a minor league rehab assignment Wednesday with Triple-A Salt Lake.

Calhoun will likely be ready to come off the disabled list sometime this weekend, but the Angels might leave him in the minors for a bit and see if taking regular at-bats against lesser competition might jump-start his bat. The 30-year-old outfielder owns an awful .145/.195/.179 slash line in 185 plate appearances this season at the major league level. He was placed on the disabled list June 2 with a right oblique strain.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So, what happens if Calhoun sucks against Triple-A pitching during his rehab? You know, the same pitching Jabari Blash destroyed?

We can only hope that doesn't happen. This team needs Kole Calhoun to turn it around, it's very obvious there are no other good options.

7 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

We can only hope that doesn't happen. This team needs Kole Calhoun to turn it around, it's very obvious there are no other good options.

While true, since last summer he has been pretty impotent at the plate. I'm not holding my breath. 

Also, we have tried Liriano, Revere or EJ Jr. yet. Nor have we explored a trade. 

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

While true, since last summer he has been pretty impotent at the plate. I'm not holding my breath. 

Also, we have tried Liriano, Revere or EJ Jr. yet. Nor have we explored a trade. 

If he can be the player he was even last year that’s a huge win for us. I don’t think anyone is expecting 2013-2016 Kole at this point

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If I were him I would go straight to Salt Lake and try to fix the problem, which is destroying his career up here. 

I would welcome the chance to correct the problem and succeed again at the major league level. Time to humble himself and turn things around. 

I'm sure he's been quite humbled already by his performance and the fact he was put on the DL for what was likely a phantom injury.  At this point it's not about humility as much as it is about a mental reset to get all the crazy out of his head.  

but i'd definitely get his vision checked.  

25 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm sure he's been quite humbled already by his performance and the fact he was put on the DL for what was likely a phantom injury.  At this point it's not about humility as much as it is about a mental reset to get all the crazy out of his head.  

but i'd definitely get his vision checked.  

And tell Cozart to get his checked too.   After years of .800+ OPS nighttime hitting, he's under .500 at nighttime this season while over 1.000 in the daytime?????

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And tell Cozart to get his checked too.   After years of .800+ OPS nighttime hitting, he's under .500 at nighttime this season while over 1.000 in the daytime?????

If only the solution to these hitters' struggles were as simple as updating their contact lens prescription.

God the hatred is ... wow.   We turn on people so fast here. 

Like it or not, right now he still likely our best RF.  We need him to get back to being himself.  At his worst he was still a 2 WAR player, thats huge right now.  If he cant make it back to that, were in deep doodoo.

I have little hope Blash will covert to ML, that swing is just... nope.   Hermosillo isnt an offensive type guy, has never been projected to be more than at best an average MLer or 4th OF.  Short of bringing up EYjr, i dont see anyone else on the farm currently playing the OF thats likely to be an improvement and even he would only be marginally so.

We need to get creative.  I would love to have them see what JMF might be able to do out there if he can hit at this level.  Thaiss maybe?  IDK, im reaching for straws at this point.  Otherwise we have to look at who else we can convert quickly or go outside the org.  

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The lights at home plate are not aligned well for him.

Oh yes. I did go there.

23 minutes ago, floplag said:

God the hatred is ... wow.   We turn on people so fast here. 

Like it or not, right now he still likely our best RF.  We need him to get back to being himself.  At his worst he was still a 2 WAR player, thats huge right now.  If he cant make it back to that, were in deep doodoo.

I have little hope Blash will covert to ML, that swing is just... nope.   Hermosillo isnt an offensive type guy, has never been projected to be more than at best an average MLer or 4th OF.  Short of bringing up EYjr, i dont see anyone else on the farm currently playing the OF thats likely to be an improvement and even he would only be marginally so.

We need to get creative.  I would love to have them see what JMF might be able to do out there if he can hit at this level.  Thaiss maybe?  IDK, im reaching for straws at this point.  Otherwise we have to look at who else we can convert quickly or go outside the org.  

Hatred? Nice straw man. I don’t see much hatred for Kole - just a recognition for how bad he was. 

Your “at worst” scenario is not the at worst scenario, because what we were actually seeing through a third of a season was historically atrocious performance and no sign of finding his way out. So “at worst” he continued as is and has the worst qualifying season in decades if not ever, with -3 WAR or something.

Like everyone else, I hope he comes back strong but I also don’t think a few games of Hermoblash is enough of an audition.