• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our Rightfielders this season

Chuck

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Why do I feel like every year we have the absolute worst position player(s) at at least one position?

Yep, it has been either 2B, 3B, LF and C before Maldonado (although he's not great with the bat either), now RF. 

2 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Our entire outfield is probably still one of the best combined WARs this season despite RF bringing in a nice negative number. If only we could have an average RFer.

Trout in any OF makes that team's OF one of the best combined WARs....

I can’t wait for Calhoun to get healthy from his phantom injury. I say we dfa young, Send back down  hermosillo and blash. Bring up EYJR and play the hot hand between Calhoun and EYJR (what ever hot hand will mean, or the hottest hand). If Calhoun really is injured then send back Blash and bring up EYJR. See if EYJR or Calhoun can bring a spark. Maybe the time off for Calhoun has worked. If not try EYJR. 

7 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

I can’t wait for Calhoun to get healthy from his phantom injury. I say we dfa young, Send back down  hermosillo and blash. Bring up EYJR and play the hot hand between Calhoun and EYJR (what ever hot hand will mean, or the hottest hand). If Calhoun really is injured then send back Blash and bring up EYJR. See if EYJR or Calhoun can bring a spark. Maybe the time off for Calhoun has worked. If not try EYJR. 

It weird to me that Young hasn’t been the guy brought up anyway.  At least he wasn’t a demonstrable joke at the plate last year.  Not great sure, but way better then we’ve seen from Blash and Young.  I think when Kole “come back” you give him maybe 10 games max.  If he’s still having trash AB’s weakly getting on top of balls into the shift it’s time to cut bait.  We’re almost a half way into June Kole is a professional baseball player.  He’s not new to this.  He’s going to get or he’s not.  We can’t have the zero in the line up. 

With Hermosillo I think the thing is that we either give him the position and let him have along look.  He either keeps it or loses it.  That is something that i do fault Scoiscia with.  I genuinely believe you need to let a guy have 150 + consistent AB’s before you can get a reasonable idea of what you have.  Even that isn’t that much.  Either give the kid a chance or don’t.  So which is it ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

There are just too many holes to fill in-season for the Angels.  RF possibly being the biggest.  Need a closer or lock-down set-up guy or both.  Outside of that, not sure what else Eppler can do to jolt the team.  Cozart left his bat in Cincy.  Maldonado left his bat in pre-All Star break 2017.  The bench players should stay on the bench for a reason.  I just don't know what can be done to turn the tide?  Calhoun for starters, needs to get it going so there is one less problem to fix. 

Edited by jordan

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is there a reason that EY Jr. hasn't been called up yet?

WTF can Chris Old do that EY Jr. can't, that is a GOOD thing????? 

How does ONE franchise manage to acquire SO MANY crappy hitters over the years??????????????????

EYJ has like a .730 OPS in Salt Lake this season. Not very promising.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, it has been either 2B, 3B, LF and C before Maldonado (although he's not great with the bat either), now RF. 

So we have terrible scouts?  Terrible GM?  Terrible manager?  All of the above?  Why can't this organization put good players at those positions?  Why can't they draft them?  So many busts have come and gone yet other organizations have no issues putting good players on the field.  Is it Arte's fault for not finding competent scouts/gms/managers?

Just now, Taylor said:

EYJ has like a .730 OPS in Salt Lake this season. Not very promising.

His OBP at SLC is only .021 under last year's OBP for the season there.   He steals some bases, runs the bases well, and gets on base enough.  

Isn't that what the team needs?  And not yet another power hitter wannabe who K's half the time like BlashTrash?   They need BASERUNNERS!

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So we have terrible scouts?  Terrible GM?  Terrible manager?  All of the above?  Why can't this organization put good players at those positions?  Why can't they draft them?  So many busts have come and gone yet other organizations have no issues putting good players on the field.  Is it Arte's fault for not finding competent scouts/gms/managers?

Since three GM's have been here since 2010, and the GM hires the scouts, and the farm looks the best it's looked in at least a decade and maybe more, it seems that the one constant is the manager?   Maybe Scioscia puts too many thoughts in the players' heads and far too complicates things, instead of just playing the game?    The irony is that teams now seem to read Scioscia like a book, maybe another negative to having a manager in one place for too long (approaching 5th most games managed for one team in MLB history)?

Something tells me that a new manager in 2019 might put a fresh approach in the players' minds, and have them relaxing more, just enough to perform better?  

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

@Lou  Where are you when we need you?

For as long as the Angels have had needs at these positions, it's ridiculous that they can't replace them. 2nd has been bad since Kendrick was traded.  They haven't replaced Glaus and could have easily signed Beltre.  They could have traded for Yelich and didn't.  We all know about LF and hopefully Upton was the fix. It's just pathetic given the resources this team has.  We aren't talking about some middle of the sticks team that draws 10,000 fans per game with a 40 million dollar payroll.