• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Crunch time for the Halos

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I think it's obvious Trout is going to judge the teams chances of winning here the next 5-7 years after his current contract ends vs. his chances in that time frame somewhere else. I don't think he's some bitter girlfriend who is going to be jaded we didn't win much his first 6 years in the league. I know for a fact he's probably disappointed but he's a pro and he understands how sports work.

I will say that if this team doesn't get it together for the final 2 years of his current contract, and clearly show that they are moving in the right direction, I think it's pretty clear he's going to leave. He's not from here, and while I'm sure he likes it here, he can go be happy somewhere else if he feels like another team is in a much better position to compete the last 5 years of his prime.

With that said, we should be building towards the last 2 years of his contract and beyond that if we want him to stay on board. You go selling out everything for 1 or 2 seasons, and it doesn't work, then he is gone for sure.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but if this is what Trout is thinking than you probably do not have 2020. For a couple of reasons. Trout will already have made up his mind. And the Angels may already try to trade him with value intact instead of doing it the "Machado" way.

And if that is the case than even if the Angels get to the postseason in 2019..... is Trout really going to be swaded by one year of marginal success when the track record as a whole suggests otherwise?

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

The biggest reason trout will stay will probably be out of loyalty.

I think he will stay, and part of that will be loyalty, part of it will be Eppler convincing him that he has a game plan, part of it will be the talent on the way, and part of it will be a shit ton of money.  

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cursed franchise!

Man upstairs, what did the Halos ever do to you??????

How come the M’s aren't having any injuries????? 

Yet.

Take a look at the injuries to their starters last year.

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That was early on.   Seems like the recovery progression is not what was expected?   It's been just over a week now, and he's barely taking part in activities.   Then again, do Halos players every get back from the DL on schedule?

You know the answer to that without asking.

The important thing is that his recovery is on schedule, and there have been no setbacks.

17 minutes ago, nando714 said:

If Seattle plays .500 the rest of the way they will still win 91 games

Plenty of room on that bandwagon, a reunion with JD may be just what you need.   I hope the M's 2018 ends better for them than our 2014 because they are staring down the same fate.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Plenty of room on that bandwagon, a reunion with JD may be just what you need.   I hope the M's 2018 ends better for them than our 2014 because they are staring down the same fate.

Why so salty? Bc Jerry has put together a better product at the MLB level? I  was just pointing out a fact. The angels have to be around 89-92 wins to sniff a wild card game/ maybe the division. Long shot

Uphill climb. 

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

Why so salty? Bc Jerry has put together a better product at the MLB level? I  was just pointing out a fact. The angels have to be around 89-92 wins to sniff a wild card game/ maybe the division. Long shot

Uphill climb. 

We all get the uphill climb thing. I think his point is that this is the tip top of Dipoto mountain for the M’s so if they don’t win now it’s gonna be a long next 10 years 

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

Uphill climb. 

I'm not at all salty -- I just think it's hilarious that people like you have been talking Jerry up lately is all.  A large part of why the Angels are where they are go right back to the guy you're E-blowing.  But I understand some people can't see the forest for the trees so, it's cool.

As far as the rest of your commentary...  You're absolutely right, it's an uphill climb and the M's have outplayed the Angels.  Props to them and as I said -- hopefully their 2018 plays out better than our 2014.