• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

This makes a little sense then. My first high school was really basic and pretty much just a slice of pizza from a local place. But when I switched schools we had Pizza Hut personal pizzas and I think a few scattered Taco Bell items.

The cool one was the school teamed with Miguel's Jr. and we had a few of their menu items.

The whole Taco Bell/KFC thing was cool at first but got old fast when it was the only option. After a certain point I would either just keep my money and eat when I got home, or ditch campus and eat off-site.

41 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

The whole Taco Bell/KFC thing was cool at first but got old fast when it was the only option. After a certain point I would either just keep my money and eat when I got home, or ditch campus and eat off-site.

Yeah, I got lucky with being able to drive starting as a sophomore and would get the off campus pass to eat elsewhere or I lived closed to campus to eat at home.

The funny one was always when someone forgot their pass or simply didn't have one and we would hide them in the trunk.

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Go Panthers!

Ironically, I was bored last night and doing some cleaning to get rid of things or donate. I found my yearbook and went through it.

Good times. The amount of pager numbers in there was pretty awesome. I also had an English teacher that was going through a divorce and the dude went off the rails.....legit would bring in his acoustic guitar and mess around with songs and not teach English or literature. Just didn't give a fuck anymore. Dude signed my yearbook with devil horns on his picture and wrote below it, "The only escape from Steak Escape is M420". Just funny shit. Steak Escape was my high school job and he would sometimes come in to visit. Cool dude.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Ironically, I was bored last night and doing some cleaning to get rid of things or donate. I found my yearbook and went through it.

Good times. The amount of pager numbers in there was pretty awesome. I also had an English teacher that was going through a divorce and the dude went off the rails.....legit would bring in his acoustic guitar and mess around with songs and not teach English or literature. Just didn't give a fuck anymore. Dude signed my yearbook with devil horns on his picture and wrote below it, "The only escape from Steak Escape is M420". Just funny shit. Steak Escape was my high school job and he would sometimes come in to visit. Cool dude.

My year book from Corona High was signed by a lot of people I don’t remember and quite a few asked if I remembered being stabbed with a pencil by Mr Tindall.  The answer is yes, I remember being stabbed with a pencil by a teacher.  

51 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I had been kicked out of high school by the time yearbooks were distributed my senior year.  A friend tried to have some people sign it for me. He got like 5. And then his little brother signed it when he got home.

why were you kicked out?

6 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

My sophomore year in high school Pepsi/Yum Brands took over our cafeteria. So if you wanted to buy lunch at school your only options were Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, or KFC.

You poor, deprived soul. Before my sophomore year, my high school was combined with another high school by court order. The whole time that I was in high school we were on double sessions, and the cafeteria wasn't open at all.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

taco bell is my go to fast food because it's easy to eat vegetarian there. my daughter heard a rumor, however, that they're going to get rid of their vegetarian items. haven't seen anything official yet and hope it's not true. they dumped the fiesta taco salad already, which wasn't a smart idea.

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/taco-bell-eliminating-12-items-its-menu

Here are the items being eliminated from the menu. 

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/taco-bell-eliminating-12-items-its-menu

Here are the items being eliminated from the menu. 

"Items being eliminated include: Grilled Steak Soft Taco, 7-Layer Burrito, Quesarito (in-store only; it can be around via the web or app), Nachos Supreme, Beefy Fritos Burrito, Spicy Tostada,Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, Loaded Grillers (both cheesy potato and beefy nacho), Mini Skillet Bowl and Chips & Dips."

Well, shoot. That's gonna be a problem.

thanks for the link.

I went to the local Habit Burger Grill last night only to find it completely closed.  It has been open during the past few months.  I went on line and read it is scheduled to re-open August 29th, which makes me wonder if some of the staff are currently under quarantine. 

On 8/21/2020 at 9:47 AM, Blarg said:

Our favorite local diner finally put some tables and chairs on their previously unused patio. It only provides about 6 tables and there are a few in front of the restaurant. Just in time for a week of 100 degree weather. 

We have been running about 15 degrees above normal for this time of year, and the rains that we usually get in July and August have been nil. We have set several records for high temperatures in August, and this is in a place that is used to 105 pretty much daily.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, Slegnaac said:

I went to the local Habit Burger Grill last night only to find it completely closed.  It has been open during the past few months.  I went on line and read it is scheduled to re-open August 29th, which makes me wonder if some of the staff are currently under quarantine. 

We had two locations of Miller's Ale House, but they are apparently permanent casualties of the quarantine. My University of Florida alumni club held football watch parties at the one south of the Strip on Las Vegas Boulevard.

• 2 weeks later...