Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

And in Fast Food News Part 2

Recommended Posts

The larger franchised chains are struggling more during this time since there isn't one voice from the top leading the way. You have that big advantage at In n Out. Consistent and clear messages and follow through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The INO in Glendale with the drive thru has been as busy as it usually looks anytime I’ve driven past it. But that’s a purely anecdotal observation since I’ve only passed by it twice since the lockdown started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stradling do you guys offer any type of delivery service or use platforms like Door Dash or Uber Eats?

I doubt it because you guys value freshness and a quality product, while the driving might leave someone with a cold burger or potentially worse, cold fries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

@Stradling do you guys offer any type of delivery service or use platforms like Door Dash or Uber Eats?

I doubt it because you guys value freshness and a quality product, while the driving might leave someone with a cold burger or potentially worse, cold fries.

No we don’t offer any of those and try to prevent it from happening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stradling said:

@Brandon yea, @Blarg is right.  We usually have very busy dining rooms during our rushes and as most of you know it isn’t very often after say 10:30am where you will go in and see an empty or even a dining room that isn’t 1/4 full.  During our rushes at most locations we are probably 90% full in our dining rooms.  So while the drive line is VERY long right now as blarg said we can only process so many orders per hour.  Those numbers have gone way up, but there is a limit to what we can do when you have one window to take the money and another to hand out food.  Also we are currently not touching customers credit cards so the customer putting the card into the card reader adds a few seconds to a transaction.  As for the stay at home order, it has crushed us late night.  Our rushes are still strong and we will have a long line of cars from 11am-9pm, but then it is like a ghost town at a lot of stores, especially the last hour.  As for the old school stores like Store 6 in Azusa that blarg is talking about with two lanes.  A few of those are actually busier than last year, because it is a little slice of normal for the customer.  

Have you guys considered going to a mobile payment option like at Chick-fil-a, where they let you place your order and pay at the same time? Obviously it's not something you can just start doing overnight and I can already see some potential issues that you guys might run into, but this is clearly a more efficient way of doing drive through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tank said:

The INO in Glendale with the drive thru has been as busy as it usually looks anytime I’ve driven past it. But that’s a purely anecdotal observation since I’ve only passed by it twice since the lockdown started.

I've been through there twice post lockdown, the first time I waited about 35 minutes. I went back today, and the line was longer but the wait was 'only' 25 minutes. They have rerouted the drive through line to fit more cars inside their lot, which masks the 40+ car line you are about to get into until it's too late to turn back.

I hit up one in Walnut two or three weeks ago and the wait was ~15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Have you guys considered going to a mobile payment option like at Chick-fil-a, where they let you place your order and pay at the same time? Obviously it's not something you can just start doing overnight and I can already see some potential issues that you guys might run into, but this is clearly a more efficient way of doing drive through.

I’m guessing we’ve considered it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've been through there twice post lockdown, the first time I waited about 35 minutes. I went back today, and the line was longer but the wait was 'only' 25 minutes. They have rerouted the drive through line to fit more cars inside their lot, which masks the 40+ car line you are about to get into until it's too late to turn back.

I hit up one in Walnut two or three weeks ago and the wait was ~15 minutes.

what brings you up this way?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I moved to Glendale a little over a year ago. I've been looking all over for you but all I keep finding are Armenians.... wait... are you Armenian?!

Dude! I’m Greek, so I’m not as swarthy as the armos. I also don’t bathe in drakkar, so I might actually stick out around here. Sometime when this isolation is over we should meet up at INO and take pictures so we can make Nate jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tank said:

Dude! I’m Greek, so I’m not as swarthy as the armos. I also don’t bathe in drakkar, so I might actually stick out around here. Sometime when this isolation is over we should meet up at INO and take pictures so we can make Nate jealous.

I highly doubt Nate is going to be jealous of your grilled cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tank said:

Dude! I’m Greek, so I’m not as swarthy as the armos. I also don’t bathe in drakkar, so I might actually stick out around here. Sometime when this isolation is over we should meet up at INO and take pictures so we can make Nate jealous.

Is Greek different from Armenian? 🤣 Let me know when we are allowed outside again... or rather... if we are aloud outside again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Apparently Wendy’s has run out of beef at 20% of its locations due to the broken supply chain. It has hit them harder since they use fresh instead of frozen. Wonder if In n Out is going to have issues. @Stradling

I doubt Strad would tell us outright if that were the case, but I'd imagine it's hitting every chain pretty hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this