• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I do wish we had a Popeye's closer, though. The only time I go is when I see my friend who is also my dentist in Mission Viejo in the same parking lot.

Their black pepper ranch is legit with the spicy strips.

Popeye's 1-2 miles away but I've only had it once. I don't do lines and the drive thru is like 15 deep every time I drive by. The one time I had it was delicious tho

On 5/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, st1ckboy said:

I get it maybe once, or twice a year. I have no idea how the one in Lake Forest stays open though, because there is never anyone there.

And it's in the most awkward location. Even Slater's 50/50 didn't survive in that same alcove next to the 5.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

st1ck, have you tried Hole in the Wall Burger at El Toro/Jeronimo? I haven't, but I've heard people rave about it.

I had it a couple months back. It's a good burger. My only problem is the options are kind of limited. The space is so small, they have constant turn over of restaurants there. It was a pho place prior. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

And it's in the most awkward location. Even Slater's 50/50 didn't survive in that same alcove next to the 5.

Yeah, I miss the Slaters. They seemed like they were always fairly busy when I went, so I was surprised when they closed their doors. That location is terrible though, other than it being right off the freeway for signage. 

I went to INO last week for the first time in 2 months and it was like having a little slice of joy....

I even enjoyed my well done fries...

One thing I have always liked about INO is that they are always very clean. 

I haven't eaten out much, so this was a treat.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So our dining rooms are now open for take out only.  So if you are in the mood for INO and you don’t want to be 30 cars back in the drive lane, go inside.  You gotta take it to go for now, but it is going to be quicker than waiting in the drive lane at this time.  

They going to reopen the Laguna Hills one? 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So our dining rooms are now open for take out only.  So if you are in the mood for INO and you don’t want to be 30 cars back in the drive lane, go inside.  You gotta take it to go for now, but it is going to be quicker than waiting in the drive lane at this time.  

Do I have to order fries?

On 5/16/2020 at 9:10 AM, st1ckboy said:

Yeah, I miss the Slaters. They seemed like they were always fairly busy when I went, so I was surprised when they closed their doors. That location is terrible though, other than it being right off the freeway for signage. 

There was a Slaters that opened up in HB years ago in a spot that was just a revolving door of places off Beach and Adams.  Slaters survived and seemed to do quite and I went there with friends every couple months.  I miss that Slaters but some time after they sold the quality just wasn't there and something changed.  My friends and I went from meeting there so many times a year to never going back or even considering it when we meet up.  I know someone else on here said they had the same experience at that specific location but can't speak for any others.  They moved locations to the old Chili's off of Beach/Warner but I just have zero desire to go there again when I know I can get a better burger at numerous other places. 

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

There was a Slaters that opened up in HB years ago in a spot that was just a revolving door of places off Beach and Adams.  Slaters survived and seemed to do quite and I went there with friends every couple months.  I miss that Slaters but some time after they sold the quality just wasn't there and something changed.  My friends and I went from meeting there so many times a year to never going back or even considering it when we meet up.  I know someone else on here said they had the same experience at that specific location but can't speak for any others.  They moved locations to the old Chili's off of Beach/Warner but I just have zero desire to go there again when I know I can get a better burger at numerous other places. 

Yeah, I read that the original guy sold the locations, and the new guy was going to try to take it national, but a few years back. Doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

Our local Fuddruckers was a casualty of the shutdown. The wife and I went over there for some takeout yesterday and there was a sign on the door saying that the restaurant is permanently closed, and thanking people for ten years of operation. There is one left, inside the Orleans Hotel, which is (a) not open and (b) a total PITA to get to. The quality isn't as good as the standalone location either. 

Ricardo's, one of the most popular Mexican places in town, shut their doors last week after more than 40 years of operation here.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan