• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

On 2/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, st1ckboy said:

Still haven't tried Popeye's chicken sandwich yet. Anyone know if it's safe to go there yet without getting stabbed?

In my neighborhood, it isn't the stabbing that you worry about. It is the virtual certainty that they will screw up your order, and not give a damn that they did.

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

In my neighborhood, it isn't the stabbing that you worry about. It is the virtual certainty that they will screw up your order, and not give a damn that they did.

That's one tough neighborhood.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:25 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Typical blaUSER BANNED FOR THIS POST

I'm eating a chicken sandwich from Popeye's (for the first time) and it's okay... I mean, it's good, but not to die for...

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So our owner just let us know that every associate, full time or part time, with less than two weeks of sick pay available, will be reset to two weeks of sick pay.  

I’m going to head there this weekend with the fam. Not gonna lie though, it might be the last time for a while...

• 2 weeks later...

We opened up our newest location today.  It is in Riverside, across the street from Riverside National Cemetery.  We only opened the drive lane and took walk up orders for customers that had big rigs, first responders, and people without cars.  It was a successful opening.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

We opened up our newest location today.  It is in Riverside, across the street from Riverside National Cemetery.  We only opened the drive lane and took walk up orders for customers that had big rigs, first responders, and people without cars.  It was a successful opening.  

That's really cool.

Not fast food, but Walt's Wharf, a Seal Beach staple for decades, closed shop for good two weeks ago.  The anti In n Out people.

The daughter inherited the restaurant a few years ago after Walt Babcock died.  They own the building outright as well as the dentist office next to it.  In other words, half the block of Central and Main in Old Town $eal Beach.

They couldn't even last two weeks.  Turned tail at the very first sign of adversity.  My wife worked there 30 years, with some time out for kids/teaching.  Didn't even get a bottle of wine as severance.

When kids inherit businesses from their parents, they usually don't have the smarts, grit or talent as their parents.  Inn N Out is the exception.

Yea, there are very few of us who don’t realize just how fortunate we are as it relates to not only getting to work for this company, but the fact that not only did Lynsi grow into a great person, but she has actually upgraded the work life for all of us.  For someone who has never had to struggle financially and has lived a very good life, to be as “normal” as she is is astounding.  It is incredibly easy to look at the positives as far outweighing any issue anyone could possibly have with her or the company.  

Here is what she has decided to do for the associates during this time:

Reset everyone back to at least 2 weeks of sick pay, also I have the discretion to extend more sick pay to associates that work under my umbrella, I currently have about 600 associates.  

Every part time associate available to work will get a $250 bonus.  This goes from the part time mom who has worked for us for decades, to the 16 year old kid hired last month.  Every full time associate that is available to work will get a $500 bonus.  

For the next two months each part time associate will receive an average of their last 4 months of pay as long as they are available to work.  Every full time associate will get 100% of their average pay from the last 4 months.  The reason this is incredible is even though you’ll see very long lines in the drive thru, we have lost a tremendous amount of business company wide.

Store Managers will get an average of 80% of their bonus from the previous year or the bonus they earn from this month, whichever is higher.  Assistant managers will get paid the same as they have always been paid in their bonus.  

To give you an idea of how different this company is, we have received so many inter office memos about how difficult it was for us to cancel our April Donation Can Drive, which goes to help abused children.  We have had a can drive every April for as long as I have been with the company (33 years).  She decided it would be bad form to ask our customers to make donations at this time when everyone is in survival mode.  If any of you would like to make a donation you can, simply tell the cashier you would like to make a donation and they will ring it up and give you a receipt.  

I hope all of you are doing well.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, there are very few of us who don’t realize just how fortunate we are as it relates to not only getting to work for this company, but the fact that not only did Lynsi grow into a great person, but she has actually upgraded the work life for all of us.  For someone who has never had to struggle financially and has lived a very good life, to be as “normal” as she is is astounding.  It is incredibly easy to look at the positives as far outweighing any issue anyone could possibly have with her or the company.  

Reset everyone back to at least 2 weeks of sick pay, also I have the discretion to extend more sick pay to associates that work under my umbrella, I currently have about 600 associates.  

Every part time associate available to work will get a $250 bonus.  This goes from the part time mom who has worked for us for decades, to the 16 year old kid hired last month.  Every full time associate that is available to work will get a $500 bonus.  

For the next two months each part time associate will receive an average of their last 4 months of pay as long as they are available to work.  Every full time associate will get 100% of their average pay from the last 4 months.  The reason this is incredible is even though you’ll see very long lines in the drive thru, we have lost a tremendous amount of business company wide.

Store Managers will get an average of 80% of their bonus from the previous year or the bonus they earn from this month, whichever is higher.  Assistant managers will get paid the same as they have always been paid in their bonus.  

To give you an idea of how different this company is, we have received so many inter office memos about how difficult it was for us to cancel our April Donation Can Drive, which goes to help abused children.  We have had a can drive every April for as long as I have been with the company (33 years).  She decided it would be bad form to ask our customers to make donations at this time when everyone is in survival mode.  If any of you would like to make a donation you can, simply tell the cashier you would like to make a donation and they will ring it up and give you a receipt.  

I'll probably be going there tomorrow. I'll make a donation. Thanks for letting us know.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This makes me feel really good about choosing INO for dinner last night.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, Stradling said:

I've been happy with cooking in the house recently, but will make an effort to grab food from you when feeling it (although, I hear the lines are godawful during this time). I love to hear shit like this and also help those companies that do good for people and society. 

I'll never forget you and I talking mortgage stuff 10 years ago or so and asking you how I could invest in InO and you told me it was completely private. I'll never forget that jaw dropping moment.

Hope you and the fam are doing good, my man.

• 2 weeks later...