• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Why Yankees have a better shot at adding Mike Trout..."

I don’t think MLB players care about prospects. Baseball players in general have said this consistently. They don’t care what you do in the minors till you’re in the majors it means nothing. So I highly doubt Trout cares about the minor league prospects. He wants to win and win now and in the future whether it comes from the minors or not doesn’t matter to him. He just wants the best team put around him. And right now that’s not the case we have 4-5 black holes in the line up. Thats

needs to change asap 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What kind of jackasses even let it enter their heads that the Angels should trade Mike Trout? Then double down on jackass and entertain sending him to the Yankees?

You guys should just go to hell and stay there. Really, quite being on an Angels fan site, go to hell and stay there. 

What would u do if he won’t sign an extension just let him walk?

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What kind of jackasses even let it enter their heads that the Angels should trade Mike Trout? Then double down on jackass and entertain sending him to the Yankees?

You guys should just go to hell and stay there. Really, quite being on an Angels fan site, go to hell and stay there. 

This is a hypothetical discussion in case Trout declines an extension.   If Trout declines an extension than you a jackass not entertaining the prospects of a trade!

6 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Imagine having that much depth. They have guys in their minor leagues that they don’t even have room for that could start for us right now and produce at a solid level. Crazy amount of talent. 

-- Center fielder prospect Estevan Florial, the Yankees' No. 1 prospect (according to MLB Pipeline).

-- Triple-A left fielder Clint Frazier OR center fielder Aaron Hicks.

-- Left-hander Justus Sheffield OR right-hander Albert Abreu, the Yankees' No. 1 and No. 2 ranked pitching prospects, respectively.

-- Right-hander Chance Adams, the Yankees' No. 3 pitching prospect.

-- Triple-A third baseman Brandon Drury.

-- Triple-A infielder/outfielder Tyler Wade OR Triple-A shortstop Thairo Estrada.

So they have one guy that could start for us right now.  Cool.  

3 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

NYY is one of the best teams in baseball and will be for a long time with their young core. They make the playoffs. Trout would only help their cause tremendously. The Angels try with all their might just to break .500,which they fail to do most years. Phillies are even worse.

bullshit

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

very dumb jackasses and fans of other teams

13 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Trout should be hesitant about signing an extension with a team that only seems able to field mostly garbage players on the major league roster. 

I shared this with flop yesterday but I doubt you read it.  They have surrounded him this year with a 5 WAR player in left field, a SS that is about his age and had a higher WAR than him last year, a gold glove winning catcher, and a starting rotation that has finally shown to be healthy and to be pretty solid.  Oh and the team was able to win the Ohtani sweepstakes.  All while building one of the better farm systems in the league.  But go ahead and complain about 1st base, 3rd base and RF.  

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

They've finished under .500 half of his career and are currently FIVE games out from the SECOND wildcard spot. The only race they are in right now is for third place, in which they lead the A's by 3 games. 

And all of that after a new GM and a supposedly greatly improved team from last year. If he hasn't already, Trout is going to figure out that this org's recipe for success is to surround him with declining players in their 30s. If I were him I would bolt while I still had a few amazing years left to contribute to a world series calibur team.

We are 8 games over .500 and if Trout had even his average month in September of last year we are in the playoffs last year.  As for that being the recipe for success, you obviously don't get it or don't want to get it.  You realize the only way to build a team is to draft players to either put on your big league team or to trade for players to be on the big league team.  Well that is what is happening right now.  But you would bitch even more if you looked around and we had even worse guys at 2nd base, 3rd base, RF, LF all while the farm grows up.  This team has created a pretty decent starting rotation, that you refuse to acknowledge.  They have acquired a very good left fielder, who you don't like for whatever reason.  They have the best short stop in the game.  All of this while building a very respectable farm that will be ready next year and the following.  Go ahead and deny it, it allows you to wallow in pity.  I have no doubt you would bolt, you seem like the type that wouldn't be able to handle adversity.  

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

I think baseball history and tradition also make a difference. How is it that the best player on the planet trails Betts in the All Star voting. There’s no excuse for that. 

Maybe because Mookie Betts is on the Red Sox? I doubt Trout's All-Star voting numbers keep him up at night.

6 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

They've finished under .500 half of his career and are currently FIVE games out from the SECOND wildcard spot. The only race they are in right now is for third place, in which they lead the A's by 3 games. 

And all of that after a new GM and a supposedly greatly improved team from last year. If he hasn't already, Trout is going to figure out that this org's recipe for success is to surround him with declining players in their 30s. If I were him I would bolt while I still had a few amazing years left to contribute to a world series calibur team.

You've basically gone full troll-mode in the last few weeks, amigo.

2c42ia.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

We are 8 games over .500 and if Trout had even his average month in September of last year we are in the playoffs last year.  As for that being the recipe for success, you obviously don't get it or don't want to get it.  You realize the only way to build a team is to draft players to either put on your big league team or to trade for players to be on the big league team.  Well that is what is happening right now.  But you would bitch even more if you looked around and we had even worse guys at 2nd base, 3rd base, RF, LF all while the farm grows up.  This team has created a pretty decent starting rotation, that you refuse to acknowledge.  They have acquired a very good left fielder, who you don't like for whatever reason.  They have the best short stop in the game.  All of this while building a very respectable farm that will be ready next year and the following.  Go ahead and deny it, it allows you to wallow in pity.  I have no doubt you would bolt, you seem like the type that wouldn't be able to handle adversity.  

I mean I vent and shit during games when I’m frustrated but this guy is just being a failo. Eppler has flipped this organization around 360 degrees since he has gotten here. 

If Trout wants to go then he goes, but we will have a farm that will have good young players ready to step in to replace him. It’s up to him to grow with them or bolt and look for an easier way. Altuve had his share of losing in Houston before the Astros blossomed into a power house.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Maybe because Mookie Betts is on the Red Sox? I doubt Trout's All-Star voting numbers keep him up at night.

I also doubt that Trout worries about All Star votes. I just wonder how popular he really is. You don’t have to be an Angels fan to recognize that he’s the best player in the world. 

20 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I shared this with flop yesterday but I doubt you read it.  They have surrounded him this year with a 5 WAR player in left field, a SS that is about his age and had a higher WAR than him last year, a gold glove winning catcher, and a starting rotation that has finally shown to be healthy and to be pretty solid.  Oh and the team was able to win the Ohtani sweepstakes.  All while building one of the better farm systems in the league.  But go ahead and complain about 1st base, 3rd base and RF.  

The overall roster consists of more than just the players you listed. I agree with your overall conclusion but when one of those players goes dow, the number of holes to fill increases. That suggests that there is still much work to do. Unfortunately Mike Trout may not want to wait, and I won't blame him if he leaves. But go ahead and ignore the reality of a roster still playing Pujols, Valbuena, Marte, Young, Kinslar, Cozart and a bullpen than only seems to compete with teams having losing records. The Angels are the poster child for mediocrity. Mike Trout deserves better.