• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Why Yankees have a better shot at adding Mike Trout..."

16 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I don't want to be unreasonable though, so I would trade Trout to New York for the right package.  But it has to be the right package. 

1. I want his entire major league value recouped in the return at the present major league level. 

2. I want prospects that are going to ensure the future of my ball club. 

3. I want enough money included in the deal to not only offset all the costs of the players I'm getting in return, but enough to make several big splashes in free agency. 

4. I want extra added on because if I do this, I'm going down in history as the GM that traded Mike Trout.  That can absolutely ruin a reputation for life. 

- So if we assume Trout is going to likely be worth 12 wins above replacement this year (that's playing it conservative), and 12 next year and 12 the year after, the return would have to give me 12 wins at the major league level right now in spots that I have an opening.  Aaron Judge currently figures to be worth 8, but outside of Yankee Stadium and the artificially inflated numbers, I'm going to knock it down to 6.  Giancarlo Stanton averages 4 in his career, so that gets us up to 10.  Aroldis Chapman averages 1-2 per year, so that gets me to 12. 

Next, Prospects.  I consider Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres prospects, and I want the best, and they're the best the Yankees have to offer, so I'll take those too. 

Now then, we need enough money to offset salaries in return.  Chapman is making 17 million a ear for the next two, so there's 34 million.  Stanton is making 26 million, so there's another 52 million.  We'll assume 4 million will cover Andujar, Torres and Judge for the next couple year.  And then, I'd need enough to make at least three major big free agent splashes.  I'll say those coming in at 25 million a year apiece.  So there's another 100 million.  

Next, as an added bonus, I need an ace starting pitcher because Ohtani's down, Richards is certainly leaving for FA with his buddy Trout gone and Calhoun on the shelf or dealt, so I'll take Luis Severino.

So the final fair asking price of the Yankees in this deal is Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Aroldis Chapman, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres, Luis Severino and 190 million in return for Mike Trout.  

There you go Yankees.  There is not negotiating, that's the price.  

Now, that's going for the gusto.    Nicely done!

15 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I don't want to be unreasonable though, so I would trade Trout to New York for the right package.  But it has to be the right package. 

1. I want his entire major league value recouped in the return at the present major league level. 

3. I want enough money included in the deal to not only offset all the costs of the players I'm getting in return, but enough to make several big splashes in free agency. 

4. I want extra added on because if I do this, I'm going down in history as the GM that traded Mike Trout.  That can absolutely ruin a reputation for life. 

- So if we assume Trout is going to likely be worth 12 wins above replacement this year (that's playing it conservative), and 12 next year and 12 the year after, the return would have to give me 12 wins at the major league level right now in spots that I have an opening.  Aaron Judge currently figures to be worth 8, but outside of Yankee Stadium and the artificially inflated numbers, I'm going to knock it down to 6.  Giancarlo Stanton averages 4 in his career, so that gets us up to 10.  Aroldis Chapman averages 1-2 per year, so that gets me to 12. 

Next, Prospects.  I consider Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres prospects, and I want the best, and they're the best the Yankees have to offer, so I'll take those too. 

Now then, we need enough money to offset salaries in return.  Chapman is making 17 million a ear for the next two, so there's 34 million.  Stanton is making 26 million, so there's another 52 million.  We'll assume 4 million will cover Andujar, Torres and Judge for the next couple year.  And then, I'd need enough to make at least three major big free agent splashes.  I'll say those coming in at 25 million a year apiece.  So there's another 100 million.  

Next, as an added bonus, I need an ace starting pitcher because Ohtani's down, Richards is certainly leaving for FA with his buddy Trout gone and Calhoun on the shelf or dealt, so I'll take Luis Severino.

So the final fair asking price of the Yankees in this deal is Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Aroldis Chapman, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres, Luis Severino and 190 million in return for Mike Trout.  

Lol, 

Trout would say no to this trade simply because the Yankees would no longer be competitive if they did something that stupid. 

12 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

See that’s where the Yankees have the advantage in any discussions about Trout. They don’t need Trout to win, the Angels do. 

The Yankees haven't won in some time too. What gives?

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Yankees haven't won in some time too. What gives?

Well they rebuilt the team. They made so smart trades, drafted well and used international money to do it. They’ve actually cut their budget and they’ve stayed away from high end free agents. That is exactly what Eppler is doing but unfortunately the damage that Dipoto did may have screwed up the timing of when we need the Angels at their most competitive stage to keep Trout from leaving. We can’t expect Maldonado, Upton, Cozart, Pujols, Hernandez to be playing at a high level in 2-3 years. Our build timing is always off. Haven’t we been building a team around Trout for several years now? 

6 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Well they rebuilt the team. They made so smart trades, drafted well and used international money to do it. They’ve actually cut their budget and they’ve stayed away from high end free agents. That is exactly what Eppler is doing but unfortunately the damage that Dipoto did may have screwed up the timing of when we need the Angels at their most competitive stage to keep Trout from leaving. We can’t expect Maldonado, Upton, Cozart, Pujols, Hernandez to be playing at a high level in 2-3 years. Our build timing is always off. Haven’t we been building a team around Trout for several years now? 

Until they win, they're still going to be the Red Sox little bitch. 

If Trout leaves the Angels via free agency, he'll go to Philly..

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Until they win, they're still going to be the Red Sox little bitch. 

If Trout leaves the Angels via free agency, he'll go to Philly..

It would be smart for the Yankees to avoid Trout all together. He will cost too many players and prospects and a boatload of money to keep him.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

LOLOL.

So in other words, their entire team and a boatload of cash in exchange for Trout.

Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

NYY is one of the best teams in baseball and will be for a long time with their young core. They make the playoffs. Trout would only help their cause tremendously. The Angels try with all their might just to break .500,which they fail to do most years. Phillies are even worse.

Shut up dude....we have Blash and Hermosomething ready to go. 

46 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I've always been criticized for saying I would rather the team be good rather than just have Trout and finish in 4th place every year.

Trading Trout would be a win-win for both parties. The Angels would be able to fundamentally transform their roster via that trade alone. Throw in some smart signings the next couple years and you've probably got a top 5 team.

Trout's prime years would stop getting wasted and he would finally have the chance to win somewhere.

What's there not to like?

Trout being on some other team.

The Angels getting a return that likely won't come close to matching a once-in-a-generation player.

Top 5 team is speculative, and best-case scenario. Anything a team could offer that would be worth Mike Trout would not be worth it for the other team.

Of course, this might change the closer we get to Trout's current contract ending. I'd say wait until the 2019/2020 off-season before you start fielding offers, if necessary.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's just not realistic. When Griffey was traded from the Mariners to the Reds the Mariners received  Jake Meyer, Antonio Perez, Brett Tomko and Mike Cameron. At the time Griffey was doing everything Trout was doing..... although minor differences Griffey was hitting 50 HR's a year every year and every year was winning a Gold Glove in CF. Griffey had a cannon for an arm.... Trout has not a very good arm. But Trout stole more bases. Griffey had speed but the Mariners did not care for stolen bases.

If Trout does not extend than I hope we get a good package of prospects and free up money to spend on 2-3 stud free agents. Most likely Trout will be an Angel for another 10 years..... and maybe for part of that put up Pujols like numbers.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Imagine if the Angels traded Mike Trout this season. The team is already boring enough as it is.

That’s not going to happen but imagine being in Mike Trout’s shoes, he has the whole baseball world by the balls. His options are endless. I could see Lebron and Trout both playing in the city of brotherly love. 

Just now, OHTANILAND said:

That’s not going to happen but imagine being in Mike Trout’s shoes, he has the whole baseball world by the balls. His options are endless. I could see Lebron and Trout both playing in the city of brotherly love. 

Well then, hopefully Trout doesn't get promoted to player/GM in the off-season and then trade himself.

2 hours ago, laagamer said:

This post has the potential to age very poorly. 

6no4Y48.jpg

my point is that good teams in contention for a playoff spot don't trade their best player let alone THE best player.  If they are tanking or out of it by mid 2020 and Trout hasn't signed an extension?  Trade him by all means.  

6 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

where are you from originally?  

the reason I ask is that you are always trying to convince others that every player should want to be any place but in socal playing for the halos.  

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Well then, hopefully Trout doesn't get promoted to player/GM in the off-season and then trade himself.

Well I will give you my personal opinion. Mike Trout is a loyal employee and he’s going to give the Angels every opportunity to extend him......but,  only if he sees that they’re stable enough to make numerous runs at the playoffs. He’s not going to stick around chasing the second wild card. The Angels organization needs to show that they’re ready to consistently challenge for the big prize. That’s what he’s work his entire life for. Winning big, not scrambling to secure the second wild card. The Angels had better get busy winning at a high level or get busy losing Trout. 

1 hour ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It's just not realistic. When Griffey was traded from the Mariners to the Reds the Mariners received  Jake Meyer, Antonio Perez, Brett Tomko and Mike Cameron. At the time Griffey was doing everything Trout was doing..... although minor differences Griffey was hitting 50 HR's a year every year and every year was winning a Gold Glove in CF. Griffey had a cannon for an arm.... Trout has not a very good arm. But Trout stole more bases. Griffey had speed but the Mariners did not care for stolen bases.

If Trout does not extend than I hope we get a good package of prospects and free up money to spend on 2-3 stud free agents. Most likely Trout will be an Angel for another 10 years..... and maybe for part of that put up Pujols like numbers.

No disrespect to Griffey Jr., who was one of the greatest to ever play, but his last two seasons before going to Cincy, he was a 5-6 win player. Even at his greatest, he was a 9 win player.

Trout is a 9 win player in a down year.

It was the steroid era. 50 HR seasons were the equivalent of 35-40 HR seasons now.

Again, not downplaying Griffey, but there isn't anyone like Trout that doesn't have an asterisk by their name  Griffey was probably the best, but that was up for debate, with Bonds and a few others guys at different points of his career.

Ever since Mike Trout stepped off the field in his age 20 season, he has unquestionably been the best player on the planet, and there isn't anyone even close.

It isn't to say the situations aren't comparable, it's only to say that even if we use the best comps, and Griffey might be the best comp we can dream up, it still isn't an accurate depiction of just how good Mike Trout is.

4 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Well I will give you my personal opinion. Mike Trout is a loyal employee and he’s going to give the Angels every opportunity to extend him......but,  only if he sees that they’re stable enough to make numerous runs at the playoffs. He’s not going to stick around chasing the second wild card. The Angels organization needs to show that they’re ready to consistently challenge for the big prize. That’s what he’s work his entire life for. Winning big, not scrambling to secure the second wild card. The Angels had better get busy winning at a high level or get busy losing Trout. 

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But there's a difference in opinion in what it looks like to "win big." If they Angels trade away the farm this season for some big guns, and they make the playoffs but sacrifice the future, is that "winning big"? I would think that Trout would equally consider the future of the club, and the ability to lead a young team with rising studs, as he would a team that wins 95 games now.

Who knows where the Yankees will be in 2 or 3 seasons? Right now, everything looks great for them, but that could be in the Angels in 2021 with Pujols coming off the books, Shohei in his prime, Adell in his sophomore season, etc. You just never know. I think Trout would want to be part of a team that invests in a promising future, not just in the team that has the best record right now.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But there's a difference in opinion in what it looks like to "win big." If they Angels trade away the farm this season for some big guns, and they make the playoffs but sacrifice the future, is that "winning big"? I would think that Trout would equally consider the future of the club, and the ability to lead a young team with rising studs, as he would a team that wins 95 games now.

Who knows where the Yankees will be in 2 or 3 seasons? Right now, everything looks great for them, but that could be in the Angels in 2021 with Pujols coming off the books, Shohei in his prime, Adell in his sophomore season, etc. You just never know. I think Trout would want to be part of a team that invests in a promising future, not just in the team that has the best record right now.

agree 100% so Eppler has got to very strategic and hope his plan works. I know they have some young talent in the minors but I’m also concerned about the current guys and how they’ll be performing halfway through 2020. Again timing is everything. Trout is going to give himself about a five year peek level 2021-2025 go for it all window. That 25 man roster had better be loaded and ready to go on a run.