• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (6/11/2018)

Chuck

At this point there are so many internal moves that I'd make, that starting Valbuena and Marte over JMF isn't even on the radar.

Moving Herm down for Blash is just one move. I think I'd dump Valbuena for JMF, dump Marte for Ward, dump Drake for Jewell, dump Fontana for Lamb...

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Not to be that guy, but I'm gonna be that guy.

How drunk do you have to be to pencil in Valbuena instead of JMF when you fill out that lineup card? Guy is 3/28 this month.

He's a veteran player with a fabulous bat flip, which Scioscia obviously enjoys. There's really no other reason for him to be on a major league baseball field. 

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Fodder for the haters: MLB named Blake Parker Reliever of the Week. 

He is currently by far the best closing option.     Back-to-back saves in Minnesota and a sub 1.00 ERA in his past 18.2 innings.

Just don't overuse him.   At least get Soria in here as a co-closer, he won't command much in exchange. 

2 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

So excited the Angels called up Blash and sent down Hermosillo.  That is the right thing to do.  I hope Blash gets the long look that he has earned.

As for Valbuena, he is actually hitting LHP better than RHP this year.  I expect Fernandez to start over Marte tomorrow vs. Leake.  

Marte is 3 for 5 with 2 HR's in his career vs. Leake. So who knows?

58 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He's a veteran player with a fabulous bat flip, which Scioscia obviously enjoys. There's really no other reason for him to be on a major league baseball field. 

Actually there are quite a few worse players on major league fields this year.  

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is the same thing as the Chris Young situation. Makes no sense to anyone why he’s still here and getting games but it’s better for your blood pressure if you just laugh it off and accept it

No it’s worse than the Young situation.  There are better options than Valbuena.  As for Young there are only other bad options.