• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shin-Soo Choo?

Chuck

Would you? If Texas eats a good chunk of his salary, we still wouldn't need to deal a major or even tier II prospect for him. 

Choo is slashing .267/.375/.450 with 11 HR. Strong throwing arm in RF. 

Thoughts?

He is owed quite a bit still ($54 million as of now through 2020).    But he is a rock solid defensive RF, and since May 1 has a .900+ OPS after a decent April (.low .700s OPS).

Age (36 on July 36) is of course a concern.    He does seem to take good care of himself though. 

Just now, floplag said:

I dont hate the idea, but Tex would have to either eat a ton of cash to make it happen or we pay virtually nothing in prospects/talent.  2 more years on deal at over 20 per. 

The Halos do free up at least $25 million after this season (Kinsler, Valbuena, and Johnson).    Plus Choo through 2020 is a perfect lead in to Adell and Marsh being ready.  

There is the matter of Calhoun's $10 million still owed him for 2019.   But they should be able to absorb that, given the above.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He is owed quite a bit still ($54 million as of now through 2020).    But he is a rock solid defensive RF, and since May 1 has a .900+ OPS after a decent April (.low .700s OPS).

Age (36 on July 36) is of course a concern.    He does seem to take good care of himself though. 

Well like Josh Hamilton, they can now pay his contract while he actually performs for the Angels over the next couple seasons. :)

Honestly, I think we should wait and see on Ohtani before we make any trades and use our own guys down on the farm .. Blash/Ward/Thaiss.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well like Josh Hamilton, they can now pay his contract while he actually performs for the Angels over the next couple seasons. :)

Honestly, I think we should wait and see on Ohtani before we make any trades and use our own guys down on the farm .. Blash/Ward/Thaiss.

They owe the Halos bigtime! 

Agree on waiting until July, and then re-assess and see if either Cold Calhoun morphs back into at least 2017 Kole Calhoun or Blash/Hermosillo can hold it down decently enough for the rest of this season.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

They'd have to include a prospect. A good one. 

I'm good with that.   As mentioned, they owe us for Hackilton. 

If the Halos assumed half of the $54 million, what prospects package would we be looking at in exchange to Tejas if acquiring him in July?

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm good with that.   As mentioned, they owe us for Hackilton. 

If the Halos assumed half of the $54 million, what prospects package would we be looking at in exchange to Tejas if acquiring him in July?

Downside is they don't have much of a farm left - there isn't an easily identifiable prospect who'd they be willing to part with, at least from what I could tell. 

I'd rather see if the Rays would part with Kiermaier, especially since they don't seem to be overly concerned with who they're getting back in recent trades.

What's in it for Texas? If they eat 80% of his salary we'll need to cough up a pretty darn good prospect for a 35 year old RF (including age 36 and 37 seasons).

If they cover only 20% of his salary, that's a ton of money we're taking on that would be way better served elsewhere.

I don't see a fit, at all. We have in house options.

20 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Downside is they don't have much of a farm left - there isn't an easily identifiable prospect who'd they be willing to part with, at least from what I could tell. 

I'd rather see if the Rays would part with Kiermaier, especially since they don't seem to be overly concerned with who they're getting back in recent trades.

He is eligible to come off the 60 day DL on June 14.   Is he close to playing again?