• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN- Ohtani ‘Probably’ Needs TJ - #FAKENEWS

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

How long before he can at least DH?    

ST 2019?   A year from now?   Late 2019 season?

This one is a mystery, because hitters have rarely had TJS.

Gleyber Torres had it last June and was ready for ST.

That said, based on Eppler's comments during that conference call last week, it doesn't sound like they would let him hit. We will see.  

I think it's somewhat irresponsible for ESPN to speculate at this point.  I really get tired of some media outlets who, in their zeal to get the story - just step over the line of what is truth and what is speculation.  People take these tid-bits and run with them. 

Regardless - the next three weeks (a little less than that now), is going to be a roller coaster of sorts.  Everybody's got an opinion.  Everybody wants to chime in.  It's a good time to unplug and just wait, IMO.

It is what it is.  We'll know in time. 

I'm just happy we're not ten games behind first place, like so many other years at this point in time.

If the playoffs are still in sight in September, before we collapse, I'll have gotten a little something out of this season.

Expectations are low after following this team for forty years. I'm never too disappointed. It's only a game.

Im probably in the minority here, but I say dont waste time. If it looks like he needs it, do it. Yeah, it will suck for now. And next year. But he committed here, which I hope leads to an extension someday. So personally, Id rather fix it now (especially when we arent a world series team this year anyway) instead of delaying it and screwing us down the road again.

39 minutes ago, Adam said:

Maybe he can hit for the rest of this year, have surgery in the offseason, be okay to hit next year and maybe pitch in 2020. 

Either that or have the surgery now, hit in 19 but not pitch until 20...

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

When he returns in 2020, DH him and buy out Pujols.

No more pitching. No more risk of his arm falling off. That experiment was fun while it lasted. 

Next in line for TJ?? Who will it be? Keep the line moving!

You know how many guys have had successful TJ surgery, come back as good as ever, and then never need TJ surgery again? The list grows every year

It'd be stupid to give up on him as a pitcher. I actually think him coming out of the bullpen for a year or two after he returns wouldn't be the worst idea at this point

15 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Tanaka was diagnosed with a Grade 2 strain in 2014. He received the same treatment process and returned to the mound in late September. Eppler was there so he understands the process better than most. 

note that Tanaka’s velocity did decrease after his Grade 2.

By a little bit. On the other hand, Richards who received the same treatment came back throwing as hard as he was prior to the stem cell injection.