• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two internal moves that need to be made STAT

Chuck

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Since the start of the Detroit series, Luis is hitting a very Valbuena-esque .235/.350/.471/.821, 4 XBH, 6 BB, 14 K in 40 PA. He's bought a little longer leash from me - when he gets his HR swing, he can go on a nice little run, and with Ohtani injured and Kole MIA, he's literally our only lefty power. He seems to be popular in the clubhouse too.

If he goes on another prolonged sub .600 OPS run for 50+ PAs though, I'm ready to move on.

As for Young? He's gotten a shot at more playing time, but hasn't done anything to claim it. DFA him, bring Blash up, and see if you catch lightning in a bottle by giving him as much playing time as possible before Kole returns, and save Hermosillo as a 4th OF/Blash defensive replacement. When Kole returns, it should be a little clearer on who goes to AAA.

I'm a Marte fan, but JMF and Fletcher are coming for ya brother. Cozart and Kinsler aren't going anywhere.

this may come as a shock to you, but I agree with everything you said. 

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

this may come as a shock to you, but I agree with everything you said. 

I dont disagree with his suggestions, I just think it's funny as hell to think s grass roots movement started by an fan chatroom can force a change.

Let's put it this way.  If I was Moreno.  And if anyone I'm the organization comes to me and says "we need to make some changes.  Read the message board post"

That guy would be fired before before he finished his sentence!!!

Just now, stormngt said:

I dont disagree with his suggestions, I just think it's funny as hell to think s grass roots movement started by an fan chatroom can force a change.

Let's put it this way.  If I was Moreno.  And if anyone I'm the organization comes to me and says "we need to make some changes.  Read the message board post"

tots didn't post that comment 

11 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

The only people I would call up from SLC are Blash, Fletcher, and JMF.  I would give Suarez a little more time. In September, I would call up Thaiss and Canning.  Letting go of Ian Krol made absolutely no sense. 

Marte, Valbuena, Young, Hermosillo, Bedrosian, Johnson, Drake, and Paredes, are all liabilities to the team right now.  Hermosillo, Marte, and Paredes need more time in Salt Lake.  Blash, Fletcher, and JMF are tearing it up down there.  We now see that JMF's talents in Salt Lake translate to the big leagues.  I have high hopes for Fletcher next year, if not this September.  Blash has a high ceiling and a low floor, but for us, he is worth the gamble.

If you want to call up Blash, then send Hermosillo back down, dont need both.  Im fine with it, we might as well see if he can actually hit ML pitching, but i dont have high hopes.  i would rather try to spin him on potential, but either way works for me.

Fletcher, why?  he has nowhere to play really unless Simmons is out extended which isnt projected.  

JMF is already here so...

You are so fast to judge people liabilities.  and most of your list are backups so... meh, they are what they are, what are you going to replace them with?  someone has to put on an SLC uni day to day, lol    I would rather the prospects play every day to develop than play half the time up here when they amy or may not be ready. 

Kinsler and Cozart are obviously here to stay. Cozart will be playing 3B the rest of the season and will move to 2B next year. His versatility is nice, although I wish he hit a little more than he has. Kinsler will finish the season and is an average starter at this point in his career. Which is fine. He's not the problem, plays good D and the bat is just good enough for 2B. He'll either retire after the season or go get a job as a role player somewhere else.

With that said, decisions need to be made on Valbueana and Marte. Valbuena's numbers are ugly (13 walks/60 strikeouts is embarrassing) and ideally he would be the one to get the DFA first but they have more of an investment in him so I expect Marte to be gone once Simmons comes back.

JMF is clearly a Major League baseball player. He's the one guy that's been in AAA that I am 100% sure should be with the big club.

I'd like to see Thaiss and Ward finish the year in the Minors and then get a September callup

I think we should get rid of Young first. Than Marte. Than Valbuena in that order. 

Anyone in my opinion is better than Young... I still like Eric Young Jr. I would rather have Fletcher up than Marte. Marte does nothing well. He plays 2 positions.... but he sucks at both..... anyone can do that. It does not mean they have position flexibility. Valbuena I would try to get someone at the trade deadline to take on the rest of his salary.... like we did last year with Maybin.

If possible at the trade deadline. Acquire Moose & Adam Jones. Maybe CJ Cron..... just kidding.

I would not mind taking Grichuk off the Blue Jays hands if we can get him dirt cheap.

6 hours ago, DMVol said:

Agree on Fernandez.....would be a little tight to carry Fletcher and Cowart unless we move somebody else (Young would be fine with me).....And Calhoun will have to be dealt with at some point.....

I would keep Letcher in AAA.  He shouldn't be up unless he is starting every day.  If that happens at bats will taken away from Fernandez

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

lol that's not what I meant. Also, I was half serious.

No I dont think a message board which accounts for .001% of angel fans would have much influence on roster decisions. But I do think Tim Mead or another executive probably read this board and I'm hoping it would make them more quicker to act.

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Marte's solid 2016 hitting (and April 2018 hitting) is looking like a fluke now.

...maybe. His '16 was up and down. He'd tear it up, then get ice cold, lose playing time, and find a way to adjust and come back hot. It was what impressed me most about him that season. As soon as you'd think his bubble had burst, he'd go on a nice streak. 

I think he may be one of those guys that needs regular playing time against RHP and LHP, but there isn't that opportunity here, much like with Cron. I'm not sure he will ever have that as this team is currently constructed, but I would like to have him get an extended shot before parting ways.

5 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

talk about a small sample size... check his game by game stats since he came off the DL. If we can buy low on him why not? He still will probably outperform all the Angels RF's this season.

Ha  this is gold.

you dismiss his .181 BA on the season due to it being a small sample size, i.e. 30 games (107 PA), yet as proof of his value you offer an 8-game (30 PA)sample size?

got it.