• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two internal moves that need to be made STAT

Chuck

7 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I completely agree.  I would probably have it be Ward because once Simmons comes back up he can be our back up third baseman.  Hell as far as I am concerned when Cowart comes back bring him up and release Marte as well.

Sure seems like a team with a well executed plan. Is this your “win now” recommendation? 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

1. DFA Chris Young. He's complete garbage at both the plate and in the field. Promote Jabari Blash. Seriously, WTF. Dude has a minor league leading 18 HR and destroys southpaws. Hermosillo becomes our backup 4th OF and CF, sees some starts here and there. 

2. DFA or trade (for little or nothing) Luis Valbuena, promote either Matt Thaiss or Taylor Ward. Both get on base, both are showing good power. 

Lineup:

2B Kinsler

CF Trout

LF Upton

DH Pujols

1B  JMF or Matt Thaiss (if promoted JMF plays 3B)

SS Cozart

3B JMF or Taylor Ward (if promoted JMF plays 1B)

RF Blash

C Maldonado

Valbuena and C. Young are not providing anything to the club and both were awful last season. What gives? Time for an internal change here. Time for an injection of youth and not just youth, those who are performing at a very high level in AA/AAA.

Chuck,use some of those connections you have and get this done! You have my support.

6 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Sure seems like a team with a well executed plan. Is this your “win now” recommendation? 

Every GM in baseball has to adapt to both injuries and players that are struggling mightily. 

In the case of Calhoun, we did something about via the fake injury DL trip. 

Chris Young on the surface was a good idea going into the season as a 4th OF. That said, like Calhoun and Valbuena who struggled last year, it's time to say goodbye and bring up some fresh talent that both get on base and provide power. Blash will strikeout, but he'll make up for it by clubbing some big home runs for the team along the way. Thaiss or Ward can provide both pop, on base skills and contact skills. Valbuena just strikes out way too much. 

Ward may make more sense since he can most likely play 1B and 3B, plus he's always an emergency catcher too.

Losing Ohtani and Simmons is just too much of a loss on offense for us to continue trotting out Valbuena and zero power in RF. That's two premium production spots in the lineup that we're not get jack shit from. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Every GM in baseball has to adapt to both injuries and players that are struggling mightily. 

In the case of Calhoun, we did something about via the fake injury DL trip. 

Chris Young on the surface was a good idea going into the season as a 4th OF. That said, like Calhoun and Valbuena who struggled last year, it's time to say goodbye and bring up some fresh talent that both get on base and provide power. Blash will strikeout, but he'll make up for it by clubbing some big home runs for the team along the way. Thaiss or Ward can provide both pop, on base skills and contact skills. Valbuena just strikes out way too much. 

Ward may make more sense since he can most likely play 1B and 3B, plus he's always an emergency catcher too.

Losing Ohtani and Simmons is just too much of a loss on offense for us to continue trotting out Valbuena and zero power in RF. That's two premium production spots in the lineup that we're not get jack shit from. 

I understand what you’re saying but our depth is very weak compared to other contenders. We don’t have guys that we can just call up and get ML contributions. Hernandez was a nice pickup but Blash and Young don’t belong on the big club. It just seems like we are always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to timing. 

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

1. DFA Chris Young. He's complete garbage at both the plate and in the field. Promote Jabari Blash. Seriously, WTF. Dude has a minor league leading 18 HR and destroys southpaws. Hermosillo becomes our backup 4th OF and CF, sees some starts here and there. 

2. DFA or trade (for little or nothing) Luis Valbuena, promote either Matt Thaiss or Taylor Ward. Both get on base, both are showing good power. 

Lineup:

2B Kinsler

CF Trout

LF Upton

DH Pujols

1B  JMF or Thaiss (if promoted JMF plays 3B)

SS Cozart

RF Blash

C Maldonado

Valbuena and C. Young are not providing anything to the club and both were awful last season. What gives? Time for an internal change here. Time for an injection of youth and not just youth, those who are performing at a very high level in AA/AAA.

Young is not complete garbage, some parts of his game are missing.

44 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I completely agree.  I would probably have it be Ward because once Simmons comes back up he can be our back up third baseman.  Hell as far as I am concerned when Cowart comes back bring him up and release Marte as well.

I would bring up Cowart and give more time to Fernadez.  I agree about Blash.  He needs to be up for a month and see if we got lucky with him.  If not trade for an outfielder.

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Lineup:

2B Kinsler

CF Trout

LF Upton

DH Pujols

1B  JMF or Thaiss (if promoted JMF plays 3B)

SS Cozart

RF Blash

C Maldonado

34 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Chuck,use some of those connections you have and get this done! You have my support.

You have my support as well. Great ideas. Bring up Fletcher... if possible....  as well.

39 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

You have my support as well. Great ideas. Bring up Fletcher... if possible....  as well.

Would love to, but only if he gets playing time IMO. That would probably take Cozart getting injured for that to happen.

Great fantasy  but as usual it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Kole Calhoun will be back sooner than two shakes of your lizard?

I must say,  I’m intrigued with the thought of promoting Matt Thaiss. 

FYI Cozart isn’t going anywhere  ... now isn’t the time to throw in the towel with a record of 8 games above .500.

This type of post always follows a loss. 

Plaster me with troll emojis ... I dare you guys!

26 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Completely agree with the need to jettison Young and Valbuena as soon as possible, like yesterday.

To say they're "struggling" is too charitable. 

The sad thing is this is just a normal year for Valbuena. He is hitting .224 this year. His lifetime BA is .228. 

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

The sad thing is this is just a normal year for Valbuena. He is hitting .224 this year. His lifetime BA is .228. 

Everyone knew what Valbuena was before this season except he stopped taking walks and replaced them with more strikeouts.  

Im all for Blash getting an extended look but im wary of that leg kick and him being able to adjust to ML pitching.  It certainly can’t get any worse than what’s being rolled out now.  

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I would bring up Cowart and give more time to Fernadez.  I agree about Blash.  He needs to be up for a month and see if we got lucky with him.  If not trade for an outfielder.

Cowart is on the DL...you don’t need to call him up...

33 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Cowart is on the DL...you don’t need to call him up...

Well keep him when he is activated.  He would be a good defensive replacement.   Fletcher needs to play every day and I would like to see Fernadez get a real good look and share at bats

chris young, adios. thanks for the memories. time for flash to get a decent look.

i'd also keep JMF at first for the foreseeable future.

between valbuena and marte, i'd play marte a whole lot more right now. but realistically, i think both of them are rather easily replaceable pieces.