• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Target: OF Michael Conforto

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

EXACTLY!!!!!

That's my point.  You can paint Marsh different colors to make a different picture.  I freakin' love the way Brandon Marsh plays baseball.  

And if I'm willing to trad him and more for Conforto, that should tell you something. 

Or you happen to be wrong on this one, sorry dude.  Let’s play The Who says no game.  

If the Mets offer Conforto to Eppler for Marsh, Ward, Rodriguez and Gatto, does he say no?  Of course he does.  That same package probably gets you a much better player.  

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Scotty, instructional league is basically Spring Training for young prospects. He doesn't have a box score because they probably aren't even keeping score. Deveaux will be in rookie ball in 2019 while Marsh is in A+/AA. That's more than a year.

Your trade proposal is a dud. That's my opinion. You don't give up one of your top prospects (who is also a top 75 prospect overall) for a dude sucking ass in the NL East. I'm aware of Conforto's potential but the Mets would be selling low on him. Why buy high?

Also, losing Marsh wouldn't deplete the system but it takes a big hit. He's our 2nd best prospect, 3rd at worst. That's not even mentioning the other guys you are proposing giving up. 3 of our top 10 prospects for a guy about to be demoted by the Mets doesn't sound very smart to me.

Deveaux will be A/A+ in 2019, while Marsh is in A+/AA.  One developmental year.

And as far as buying high goes, I disagree, I think we're buying low.  He's about to enter his prime and I think he's going to be a .290/.400 and 30+ HR hitter with pretty capable defense in RF, and his performance in major league baseball in his early 20's so far, suggest that's a strong possibility. 

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Or you happen to be wrong on this one, sorry dude.  Let’s play The Who says no game.  

If the Mets offer Conforto to Eppler for Marsh, Ward, Rodriguez and Gatto, does he say no?  Of course he does.  That same package probably gets you a much better player.  

It gets you a better player in 2018, likely around age 30, with a very high salary that'll be a free agent in a year or less.  But that player is not as valuable as the 25 year old that will perform likely better in 2019-2022 and make much less money.

Which is better, one year of good at 15 million or three years of good at 20 million?

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

It gets you a better player in 2018, likely around age 30, with a very high salary that'll be a free agent in a year or less.  But that player is not as valuable as the 25 year old that will perform likely better in 2019-2022 and make much less money.

If you think that I would trade that package for a guy that is about to be a free agent you are kidding yourself.  I also wouldn’t trade him for a .219 hitting right fielder, not this year.  

44 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

That logic would suggest that Marsh is a question mark then.  And if Marsh is a question mark, then you should have no problem trading him for a young proven all-star like Conforto. 

Deveaux isn't any more of a question mark than Marsh is.  Just because you haven't seen him play doesn't mean scouts haven't. 

Conforto is a proven All Star?

29 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Yes.

Odd why is he being demoted?  I cant believe the Nets have all stars in all three outfield positions

For the record I am all for a trade but not a 4 for 1.

Marsh is fair game to trade but cant lose four from our top 15.

5 hours ago, halomatt said:

Both Cespedes and Familia are on the DL. 

They'd fit right in. 

Cespedes is doing a rehab right now and on his way back. Familia back soon.

New York Times reports.

Familia was placed on the disabled list Friday with right shoulder soreness. However, the Mets aren't expecting him to be on the shelf for long, and they're confident he'll return sometime during their upcoming road trip (between June 12 and June 21). Familia has made 28 appearances out of the bullpen this season, posting a 2.48 ERA and 1.24 WHIP with a 33:9 K:BB.

9 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Deveaux will be A/A+ in 2019, while Marsh is in A+/AA.  One developmental year.

And as far as buying high goes, I disagree, I think we're buying low.  He's about to enter his prime and I think he's going to be a .290/.400 and 30+ HR hitter with pretty capable defense in RF, and his performance in major league baseball in his early 20's so far, suggest that's a strong possibility. 

So he’s batting 219 but he’s about to be batting 290 that makes sense.