• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Target: OF Michael Conforto

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Trading 4 prospects for an OF that the cellar dwelling Mets are about to demote and pinch hit for in the 9th yesterday would be I’ll advised, in my opinion. 

Especially when the farm is finally solid again. 

You must have not read my first post.  I said I like the idea of trading for him but not 4 for 1.  I would like to see if we can get him cheaper.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Trading Marsh would be depleting the farm.  

I would consider Jones at most. 

Current OF prospects: Hermosillo (ETA 2018), Adell (ETA 2020/21), Marsh (ETA 2020/21), Deveaux (2021/22), Knowles (2021/22) and Adams (2021/22)

Current Angels OF: Upton (signed through 2022), Trout (signed through 2020), Calhoun (signed through 2019). 

I'm not sure if you knew about all those OF beforehand, but if you didn't now you do, and now you realize that trading away one high upside OF prospect does not deplete the farm.  ?THis isn't the Dipoto ran Angels, we actually have prospects now. 

10 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Current OF prospects: Hermosillo (ETA 2018), Adell (ETA 2020/21), Marsh (ETA 2020/21), Deveaux (2021/22), Knowles (2021/22) and Adams (2021/22)

Current Angels OF: Upton (signed through 2022), Trout (signed through 2020), Calhoun (signed through 2019). 

I'm not sure if you knew about all those OF beforehand, but if you didn't now you do, and now you realize that trading away one high upside OF prospect does not deplete the farm.  ?THis isn't the Dipoto ran Angels, we actually have prospects now. 

Dude stop.  Deveaux, Knowles and Adams are question marks, until they aren’t.  

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Dude stop.  Deveaux, Knowles and Adams are question marks, until they aren’t.  

That logic would suggest that Marsh is a question mark then.  And if Marsh is a question mark, then you should have no problem trading him for a young proven all-star like Conforto. 

Deveaux isn't any more of a question mark than Marsh is.  Just because you haven't seen him play doesn't mean scouts haven't. 

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

That logic would suggest that Marsh is a question mark then.  And if Marsh is a question mark, then you should have no problem trading him for a young proven all-star like Conforto. 

Deveaux isn't any more of a question mark than Marsh is.  Just because you haven't seen him play doesn't mean scouts haven't. 

Ok where are they playing now?  A? AA? 

26 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

You’re nuts man.  Hermosillo and Marsh in the same sentence ?!  One has way higher upside.  By all means trade Hermosillo for Conforto.

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ok, Scotty, but Marsh has performed and performed well against higher competition.  To the best of my knowledge Deveaux hasn’t even played in A ball yet.  

Actually Deveaux hasn't played a single inning of pro ball yet.

This is dumb.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ok, Scotty, but Marsh has performed and performed well against higher competition.  To the best of my knowledge Deveaux hasn’t even played in A ball yet.  

Ok BM, but Marsh is currently batting a buck-93 in advanced A Ball and is hitting .259 on the season in the low minors, and Deveaux is faster and impressing everyone and their mother at instructs. 

See how we can use different colors to paint a different picture. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Actually Deveaux hasn't played a single inning of pro ball yet.

This is dumb.

Instructs is still pro ball TD. Just because it doesn't show up in a convenient box score does not mean for one second that he isn't playing against other professionals everyday. 

Ok BM, but Marsh is currently batting a buck-93 in advanced A Ball and is hitting .259 on the season in the low minors, and Deveaux is faster and impressing everyone and their mother at instructs. 

See how we can use different colors to paint a different picture. 

Yes, so one has performed against competition and the other has played well in practice.  

My bad, Marsh is hitting .256 in the low minors and is striking out at a concerning rate. 

But yeah, if we trad him, then our farm is completely depleted.  You must be right. 

Once again, you have been one of the guys pimping Marsh the most, but because we disagree trading him (and three others you have been pimping) for a 25 year old hitting .219, now you are downplaying his ability.  

Instructs is still pro ball TD. Just because it doesn't show up in a convenient box score does not mean for one second that he isn't playing against other professionals everyday. 

Scotty, instructional league is basically Spring Training for young prospects. He doesn't have a box score because they probably aren't even keeping score. Deveaux will be in rookie ball in 2019 while Marsh is in A+/AA. That's more than a year.

Your trade proposal is a dud. That's my opinion. You don't give up one of your top prospects (who is also a top 75 prospect overall) for a dude sucking ass in the NL East. I'm aware of Conforto's potential but the Mets would be selling low on him. Why buy high?

Also, losing Marsh wouldn't deplete the system but it takes a big hit. He's our 2nd best prospect, 3rd at worst. That's not even mentioning the other guys you are proposing giving up. 3 of our top 10 prospects for a guy about to be demoted by the Mets doesn't sound very smart to me.

11 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Once again, you have been one of the guys pimping Marsh the most, but because we disagree trading him (and three others you have been pimping) for a 25 year old hitting .219, now you are downplaying his ability.  

EXACTLY!!!!!

That's my point.  You can paint Marsh different colors to make a different picture.  I freakin' love the way Brandon Marsh plays baseball.  

And if I'm willing to trad him and more for Conforto, that should tell you something.