• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols is still terrible

He is what he is at this point. Given his age & injuries and without the benefit of steroids..... his decline started the instant they started doing testing on steroids. Look at how muscular he was 10 years ago and now. Men at that age normally can put on even more muscle as their metabolism slows down.

barring injury he will hit around .242 with 22 Homeruns. And barring the possibility of Ohtani & Fernandez stealing some at bats from him...... Stealing is the wrong word there.

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

He is what he is at this point. Given his age & injuries and without the benefit of steroids..... his decline started the instant they started doing testing on steroids. Look at how muscular he was 10 years ago and now. Men at that age normally can put on even more muscle as their metabolism slows down.

barring injury he will hit around .242 with 22 Homeruns. And barring the possibility of Ohtani & Fernandez stealing some at bats from him...... Stealing is the wrong word there.

He is still clutch. When Thiass is ready, I think Pujols should be backup 1B/pinch hitter. Platoon if Thiass can't handle LHP.

2 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

He is still clutch. When Thiass is ready, I think Pujols should be backup 1B/pinch hitter. Platoon if Thiass can't handle LHP.

I wish Pujols would have the same approach at the plate every at bat..... and not just when runners are in scoring position..... today was awesome seeing him flair that one to center.

4 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I agree. If Ohtani is hitting behind him, focus on getting on base for him. Home runs come when the pitcher makes a mistake.  Too many players try to hit home runs with nobody on base.

Spot on post. Hitters try to hit it out every pitch. When was the last time anyone saw a hitter choke up on the bat with 2 strikes?

Mang still on pace for his Angel average season of .250/25/100 - currently on pace for .256/24/98

If averages that for the remainder of his contract - somehow - he ends with 713 HR, 2,316 RBI - he'd be one behind Babe for 3rd all-time HR, and would break the record for most RBI. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Mang still on pace for his Angel average season of .250/25/100 - currently on pace for .256/24/98

If averages that for the remainder of his contract - somehow - he ends with 713 HR, 2,316 RBI - he'd be one behind Babe for 3rd all-time HR, and would break the record for most RBI. 

lol

I remember thinking back probably 3-4 years ago and thought averaging .250/25/100 wouldn't be possible much longer, yet here we are. It'll never be pretty, but it's still a little impressive that he's been able to maintain any level of consistency with his age and injuries, even if it's stemming from ugly peripherals.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Great. so than the angels extend Pujols to pass Babe Ruth on the HR list.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

That really helps us as Angels fans.

Never suggested it did.

Ive been as much on the "i hate pujols" wagon as anyone else. But i dont deny his spot in history.

Hes been a horrible contract. Hes also racked up a career only a handful of people can claim to have done. I can recognize both.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Thinking about it now, Scioscia is Pujols.

Both signed lucrative ten year contracts when they were at the top of their game, both severely under performed during their ten year contracts, both are ancient dinosaurs living in the past and beloved by their fans because of things that happened way in the past.

The difference being pujols is a broke down shell of his former self. Pujols could replace sosh and still be the same hitter.

Give sosh pujols at his peak and he looks like a great manager. Give pujols' cards manager to him now and pujols still sucks.