• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Young

I can't understand this one. Been complete trash the past 2 years, is 34 years old. Literally looks like a tired vet out there most of the time. Just totally overmatched

He's every bit as bad as Calhoun, probably worse all around. Yeah, yeah, I know his OPS this year is higher. Kole has a better chance of turning it around. Young has lost almost all his athleticism and Kole's is still there

I've been on record saying Blash is terrible but I'd rather see him than Chris Young. At least Blash has the potential to get a lucky pitch over the plate and crush something.

12 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I can't understand this one. Been complete trash the past 2 years, is 34 years old. Literally looks like a tired vet out there most of the time. Just totally overmatched

He's every bit as bad as Calhoun, probably worse all around. Yeah, yeah, I know his OPS this year is higher. Kole has a better chance of turning it around. Young has lost almost all his athleticism and Kole's is still there

I've been on record saying Blash is terrible but I'd rather see him than Chris Young. At least Blash has the potential to get a lucky pitch over the plate and crush something.

Chris is not Young. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I don’t get it.   He strikes out a ton, although he walks somewhat well.   Plays very mediocre defense.

.540 OPS is horrendous when combined with mediocre defense!

What does he do that EY Jr. can’t?

The mind blowing thing about this one is that they don't have much investment in him. He was signed for 2 million dollars for this season. 

With Albert, Kole, and even Valbuena they have a lot more money tied up in those guys so I can understand a longer leash somewhat. But this is just getting silly.

They tried it, it didn't work. Move on

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is it Sosh or Eppler who likes Young?

This is getting old....

The only reason my young is on the roster is because of eppler.  He makes the roster decisions.  Even if Scioscia liked him eppler can still dfa him.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

This is getting old....

The only reason my young is on the roster is because of eppler.  He makes the roster decisions.  Even if Scioscia liked him eppler can still dfa him.

True, but then how does Eppler ignore how bad Young is?   There isn’t one single thing he can do even decently.

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Hermosillo is starting today and he should start everyday until they figure out whether or not he is ready for the majors.  If he isn’t and yet we are still playing well, then go get a guy who is playing decently this season.  

Hermosillo is ready to be a major leaguer, but I don't think he's ready to succeed yet. He really could've used this year of development in AAA.

He struggles with breaking balls on the outer half and is a pull hitter. Given his patience, gap power and speed, the past thing he needs to develop is the ability to stay back and go the other way.

That's what he was focusing on in AAA. It's good he's seeing these breaking balls, but he's not in a position to succeed yet.

But Calhoun and Young being pretty much worthless not only is bad for the major league team, it works against our prospects as well.

Ultimately a player has to hit, but right now, I think Young is being kept around because of who he is off the field.

When the Angels brought in Upton, it helped bring in Kinsler and Young as well. That's three seasoned veterans and leaders in the clubhouse. 

I'm not saying they can't cut Young because of who his friends are, but the Angels better give him every shot before doing that, otherwise we could have some discord.

Leave Chris Young alone, he's busy ruining his legacy.  Scioscia gave him that contract, and told him he would be on the active roster all year long.  Arte overpaid for him, even though every single person on this message board thought it was a bad idea and would not have done it.