• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terry Smith

5 hours ago, Lou said:

yes, he's from Philadelphia 

I’m no dialect expert but to me it sounds more like a Chicago or Minnesotan accent than a Philly accent. That’s strange. 

I’ve probably wasted entirely too much time wondering about this anyway. Just glad he’s doing better. 

7 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

I’m no dialect expert but to me it sounds more like a Chicago or Minnesotan accent than a Philly accent. That’s strange. 

I’ve probably wasted entirely too much time wondering about this anyway. Just glad he’s doing better. 

Terry Smith is from Philadelphia and has mentioned this before while calling games. Hope he makes a full recovery. He mentioned Philly in this OC article as well: https://www.ocregister.com/2013/04/12/5-questions-with-angels-announcer-terry-smith/

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Hey @Inside Pitch and @Tank, do either of you remember Mario Impemba being somewhat active in the old AOL baseball chat rooms?  

I remember him from the Grandstand Boards -- I dunno about the chat rooms.   He was another very approachable guy.    There used to be a sportswriter from Seattle, Larry LaRue -- biggest douchebag this side of Stephen Smith.   Assumed everyone was an idiot or a liar..   You'd scoop a story and he would chime in to tell you that you were making it up.  An hour later when it was announced he would say you made it up and got lucky.   Was a massive stat hater too unless it was HRs or anything that made Griffey look like the greatest ever.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I remember him from the Grandstand Boards -- I dunno about the chat rooms.   He was another very approachable guy.    There used to be a sportswriter from Seattle, Larry LaRue -- biggest douchebag this side of Stephen Smith.   Assumed everyone was an idiot or a liar..   You'd scoop a story and he would chime in to tell you that you were making it up.  An hour later when it was announced he would say you made it up and got lucky.   Was a massive stat hater too unless it was HRs or anything that made Griffey look like the greatest ever.  

Yea, I remember Impemba so I am guessing it had to be from AOL, because I was never on the Grandstand boards.  He was super approachable and humble. 

3 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Hey @Inside Pitch and @Tank, do either of you remember Mario Impemba being somewhat active in the old AOL baseball chat rooms?  

i have little memory of him. don't really remember interacting with him on the message board. never went to the chat rooms. they were awful places.

i think troy percival used to be a member on our grandstand board, right IP?