• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Six Man Rotation

Considering the amount of guys coming off injury (Richards, Skaggs, Tropeano, Heaney), and the need to limit Barria's innings, even with Ohtani's injury, I still think they need to attempt this with their remaining SP depth.

Looking at the results so far, it's working.  I'd say keep only two bench guys, apart from the back-up C, one guy for the OF and one guy for the infield, and leave a roster spot open for another BP arm. 

Agreed, but who becomes the 6th starter now? I'd rather it not be Bridwell, who has an ERA over 8 in Triple-A last I checked. Jose Suarez would be exciting since he's one of their prospects having a breakout season, but IDK if the team is ready to thrust him into that role. I mean, he was in High-A 2 months ago and has only made 2 starts in Triple-A

Not even sure Canning is ready for the spot too, especially with how they're limiting his pitches and innings. He's mostly been pitching 4 or 5 innings in Double-A. He'd be taxing the bullpen every time out since he seems to be on a pitch count limit of around 80-85 based off box score checking

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Agreed, but who becomes the 6th starter now? I'd rather it not be Bridwell, who has an ERA over 8 in Triple-A last I checked. Jose Suarez would be exciting since he's one of their prospects having a breakout season, but IDK if the team is ready to thrust him into that role. I mean, he was in High-A 2 months ago and has only made 2 starts in Triple-A

Not even sure Canning is ready for the spot too, especially with how they're limiting his pitches and innings. He's mostly been pitching 4 or 5 innings in Double-A. He'd be taxing the bullpen every time out since he seems to be on a pitch count limit of around 80-85 based off box score checking

I think you give Parker Bridwell another shot since he's on the 40 man.  John Lamb, Osmer Morales and Felix Pena are also options.  

They can miss some bats and possibly 5-6 competent innings.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I imagine we'll see starts from Bridwell, Lamb, Pena, Suarez, and Canning before the year is through. Bridwell sucks, though, and Pena seems too erratic. I suspect Lamb will surprise, but obviously long-term it is Suarez and Canning who will break in.

Be nice to see a team not named the A's shell him before giving up on him.

26 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Be nice to see a team not named the A's shell him before giving up on him.

I'm betting Bridwell can put up a 4.50 ERA as the 6th starter or so if given the chance again, his problems has always been the HR ball he serves up in his career, he gave up 19 HRs in only 121 innings last year. Salt Lake is not the kind of ballpark Bridwell would do well in. His FIP last year was 4.84 compared to his 3.64 ERA, quite a huge gap but he probably could be a decent 6th man who eats innings to the tune of a 4.50 ERA.