• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season over?

Season over?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. With Ohtani out for a significant period of time, is the season over?

I don't think the season is over, I still think we are better than Seattle, but it is going to be hard.  If they want to make a run, this probably changes the pieces they would be looking to acquire.  I think it might force them to look for pieces that are here more long term, versus a more affordable option of picking up a rental.  At least that is how I see it. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

How is this now currently constructed team supposed to pass the M's even?     Just focus on getting to the post-season in 2019. 

Of course given that the man upstairs seems to have in for them, 2019 may end up the same freaking way!

Well for starters we still have a better starting rotation than theres.  They have the ace we don't have, but we have 4 other starters that are better than there four.  I am sure part of this is just me convincing myself that we will be fine, but they are not that good of a team.  They have a pretty bad strength of schedule so far.  

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

We are going on need Garrett Richards to step up big time, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano, and Barria to keep up what they have been doing. Also the bullpen needs to step up and quit losing winnable games 

we also need Kinsler to continue to hit, Pujols to find the fountain of youth, and a RF that can hit.

So we need to acquire a couple of pen arms and a RF.  Just like before.  I have no idea if they will do it, but it could happen.  

I'd make a trade for a vet reliever or two still. No one crazy - maybe a Jesse Chavez, maybe a Joakim Soria - use minor prospects.

And I would buy low on Jose Urena from the Marlins to fill a spot in the rotation. If Ohtani comes back, cool, Urena displaces some Trop and Barria starts. If he doesn't, we have some upside with Jose to hope for. Also serves a dual-purpose by giving us another arm in case Richards walks in offseason as he has a lot of control still. 

And hope JMF, Valbuena, and Marte hit in Ohtani's stead.

49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

With Ohtani out for a significant period of time, do the Angels no longer have a good shot at reaching the playoffs?

Wording is confusing. With Ohtani out for a significant period of time, do the Angels still have a good shot a reaching the playoff? To that question I say yes, maybe. To your double negative question I say no, but maybe.