• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Miller DFA

I know Ettin is a fan of his . 

He checks a lot of the boxes for the Angels..   He bats left, he can play the OF,  1B, and 2B still... so, he has the positional flexibility this team needs.  He would be under club control through 2020, so there is some value in that..   He's more of a three outcome hitter than I like but, he's not allergic to walks, his career OPS+ is 102, currently sitting at 109 and in 25 games (97 PAs), in Angel Stadium he's hit .304/.333/.478.    People will point to his batting average but his career OPS is .724.   His batting line this year is slightly better than Mike Moustakas career triple slash numbers.

He's not great, but he could fill the corner OF spots fill in at 2B and IMO makes Young expendable.... assuming they would allow Herm to play CF   

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Mariners fans I spoke with at work that have seen him play plenty of times say his defense is just awful. 

Hard pass... we have better options in AAA. 

No, we don't.  We think we have better options right now.  But for some reason we like the potential of our minor leaguers versus the known commodity of a guy like Miller.  I don't think he is great, but if JMF was as good he would be up here.  Hell if he was up here doing what Miller does we would be disappointed with him.  

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

No, we don't.  We think we have better options right now.  But for some reason we like the potential of our minor leaguers versus the known commodity of a guy like Miller.  I don't think he is great, but if JMF was as good he would be up here.  Hell if he was up here doing what Miller does we would be disappointed with him.  

Completely disagree. 

JMF cannot play the outfield and we already have Marte and Valbuena. That's the only reason why he's not up here. 

Cowart can play more positions and is good defensively. 

The only way we see JMF up here is if one of Valbuena or Marte go on the DL, or get shipped out. 

Besides, Eppler and Sosh won't sign a guy if he's known for poor defense in both the infield and outfield.