• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Barria Pulled Early in Start Today?

3 hours ago, stanick88 said:

And I am not sayin the trade has to be for hand (even though he has controllable years left) or even a reliever. What about a package for Moustakas and Herrera. Or a trade for Soler? What about Bumgardener? There was also mention today on bleacher report of the Mets open to trading DeGrom or Snydergaarg. If we are to trade for anyone of importance with any team control, you bet the asking price will start with Barria most likely or Adell or Canning. I know we as angels fans feel strongly about them and so do I, but if we were to try and aquire any significant talent, it is going to take talented prospects/young MLB talent. And I do know we cannot just sit here and expect to win with what we have. 

Bridwell, Sherman Johnson, Bedrosian, and Cowart are pieces I'm comfortable trading. Probably not going to buy much though.

This is much ado about nothing. With them using the 6-man rotation, Barria will be shuffled between Triple-A and MLB all season long. Whenever he's optioned to Triple-A, he has to wait 10 days before he can be called back up to the big league team. Dude has to get some pitches/innings in between those 10 days to keep him fresh between starts. Check his MILB game logs, he went only around 2.2 IP his last outing before his most recent start with the Angels. This looks to be part of the plan with how they handle Barria's workload this season

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This is much ado about nothing. With them using the 6-man rotation, Barria will be shuffled between Triple-A and MLB all season long. Whenever he's optioned to Triple-A, he has to wait 10 days before he can be called back up to the big league team. Dude has to get some pitches/innings in between those 10 days to keep him fresh between starts. Check his MILB game logs, he went only around 2.2 IP his last outing before his most recent start with the Angels. This looks to be part of the plan with how they handle Barria's workload this season

Pretty smart when you think about it, it keeps him in game routine but it doesn’t overextend his innings this year saving him for the stretch run. 

Kind of of a waste to have him throw minor league pitches if he doesn’t need to in order to stay sharp. 

In deferment to others feelings about Jaime, I think he will be a solid #3/#4 starter for us. Unless he develops an extra tick on his fastball or develops one or more additional pitches I think he stays in that mid-rotation role which is great for the team. As well as he has done this year he puts a lot of balls in the air and that could bite him hard at times and I doubt he keeps up the 87.6% Left On Base percentage forever and will fall down a bit there. There is certainly room for improvement that could change his profile but there is also a touch of downside that really keeps me on the mid-rotation bandwagon (again a great outcome for the team).

Vlad Jr went on the DL, and even then you would have to pause trading Barria.  Dude has been consistently very good for the Angels who are desperately in need of pitching depth.

Eppler is not Diputo, he won't trade good pitching.

15 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Hypothetical

Barria, Jones, Ward.....for Nolan Arenado and a good CO reliever if they have any...

Remember I said Hypothetical before u tear it up.

Reports are arenado would like to play here so I'm assuming we could extend him after his year of Arb

I would do it in a heart beat. But i think it would take a lot more for a year and a half of Arenado. I would even give up Barria, Adell, Jones, ward, and another lower level prospect if i thought we would resign him and if  we got a reliever. Arenado is a top player who would take both the lineup and defense to new levels. He is a player who could make us a contender over night.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Vlad Jr went on the DL, and even then you would have to pause trading Barria.  Dude has been consistently very good for the Angels who are desperately in need of pitching depth.

Eppler is not Diputo, he won't trade good pitching.

I wasnt serious about the Vlad Jr trade.  That's why I said " Toronto would be laughing their ass off"

41 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Hypothetical

Barria, Jones, Ward.....for Nolan Arenado and a good CO reliever if they have any...

Reports are arenado would like to play here so I'm assuming we could extend him after his year of Arb

Could we keep Jones and trade Thaiss instead?

28 minutes ago, REDneck said:

U think its enough for a top 5 player...I dont think he resigns with the Rocks so were really just talking a year and a half

No, he would cost 3 of our top 5 prospects and probably a Skaggs or Heaney or Barria.  Then again I say that and I don’t know what his contract status is. If he only has one year after this, then maybe only two of our top five. 

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

Hypothetical

Arenado would cost Adell and Marsh and Canning. And probably Heaney. And even that might not be enough.

We're talking about one of the absolute best players in baseball at a premium position here.