• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Barria Pulled Early in Start Today?

I heard a rumor( A comment on a Jeff Fletcher Twitter post that I seen on bleacher Report) that Barria was pulled early in his start today. Can anyone Confirm or deny? Does anyone have any more info on this? Would like to confirm before I start to speculate as to why. 

3CC5D7CC-4B1E-4012-9EE0-825F5352DDD3.jpeg

Assuming Ohtani focusing on hitting for the next week to ten days, Barria isn't needed until June 12 vs. Seattle and then not needed until June 19 vs Arizona.

It'll likely be one start for Barria on the 12th, and then back to SLC again.

It's a very nice luxury to have six REAL MLB starters, unlike a year ago.   Only four starts have been made so far by someone outside that group of six. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They would be stupid to trade Barria right now. 

Or this is the highest value he will ever have. Kind of like Bridwell last year. We should have traded him this off season as he will never have anywhere near the same value. 

I would like to keep Barria. But I am also not adverse to trading him for the right piece(s). I know we are starting to finally build a farm system along with having young major league talent. But we also have to be willing to make trades like the Simmons trade. No one wanted to trade Newcomb, and everyone went crazy mad that we did. Well How did that turn out? And to the opposite end of the spectrum, we were unwilling to give up any significant prospects during the Bill Stoneman era for the most part (and how did that turn out, especially when we could have had miggy). 

1 minute ago, stanick88 said:

I would like to keep Barria. But I am also not adverse to trading him for the right piece(s). I know we are starting to finally build a farm system along with having young major league talent. But we also have to be willing to make trades like the Simmons trade. No one wanted to trade Newcomb, and everyone went crazy mad that we did. Well How did that turn out? And to the opposite end of the spectrum, we were unwilling to give up any significant prospects during the Bill Stoneman era for the most part (and how did that turn out, especially when we could have had miggy). 

I don't think anyone is arguing to never trade him, but Simmons was a young starting SS who put up 7.0, 3.6, and 3.9 WAR in his first 3 full seasons. Newcomb was a 22 year old who had made 7 starts in AA. Barria is already in the majors and Brad Hand is a relief pitcher.