• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now RF is a black hole

Chuck

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

You can’t possibly be surprised by his opinion.  He doesn’t even believe it, he is just looking for attention.  He keeps baiting and baiting and baiting.  

You on the other hand think that the Arte is just going to suck up another contract and go get Adam Jones. That’s not going to happen. Eppler has already committed to this deal so he’s going to have to stand by it. 

10 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

You can’t possibly be surprised by his opinion.  He doesn’t even believe it, he is just looking for attention.  He keeps baiting and baiting and baiting.  

I’m not surprised.  Just unable to stop the impulse to respond on this one.  I don’t mind it usually.  Sometimes I think the schitick is funny even.  But I don’t get the deliberate self sabotage thing he pushes. Arte is already coughing up 150+ million dollars.  The idea that he doesn’t give a shit and is going bug out over Calhoun’s contract is absurd. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

You on the other hand think that the Arte is just going to suck up another contract and go get Adam Jones. That’s not going to happen. Eppler has already committed to this deal so he’s going to have to stand by it. 

There’s a ton of ways that’s guy like Arte Moreno could make shit loads of money.  If he didn’t care at all about winning like you constantly imply then this wouldn’t be his business.  He’d be out by now also. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s a ton of ways that’s guy like Arte Moreno could make shit loads of money.  If he didn’t care at all about winning like you constantly imply then this wouldn’t be his business.  He’d be out by now also. 

Arte has spent over $200M for this years team. He’s not going to throw more money at it. He’s allowed Eppler to put this team together so Eppler is going to have to figure this out with no more money this season. 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not surprised.  Just unable to stop the impulse to respond on this one.  I don’t mind it usually.  Sometimes I think the schitick is funny even.  But I don’t get the deliberate self sabotage thing he pushes. Arte is already coughing up 150+ million dollars.  The idea that he doesn’t give a shit and is going bug out over Calhoun’s contract is absurd. 

I totally get it.  Some of us want our favorite team to succeed others don’t.  It really is weird.  

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Why does "having an investment" matter?  You can play or you can't....He can't right now....The fact that he came up through the system ought not to mean you keep running a guy out there who is hitting in the .150's......I want to win, not reward guys with playing time just because we drafted and developed them...It's a tough game because it is result based....but loyalty to "your guys" when they aren't producing is a way to miss the playoffs, again....

AS i said it doesnt mean he plays, not at the ML level in any case right now.   it means we make the effort to get him back to a 2 WAR or better player, if possible. 

14 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Baseball has mostly done well keeping politics out of the sport, especially compared to the NBA and the NFL.

But Adam Jones has definitely shown an interest in bringing politics into his personal baseball identity.

It's a big turn off for me.  I'd rather the Angels pursue somebody else.

i agree, i hate this part of sports today, but if the player helps us win that matters to me more. 

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Flop we have Kole for one year after this one.  My thought all along was to get a guy that could come in and start now until Kole gets himself right and then that guy could become the fourth outfielder.  Would I mind if they went out and got an Adam Jones, no not at all.  I wouldn’t expect him to be a savior, just a contributor.  It doesn’t have to be Adam Jones, it just has to be someone that can put together a few good months that doesn’t cost us valuable pieces down the road.  

Agreed, but if we can get a better piece without the cost being too great a concern, why not try.  I dont think Jones would cost a ton, his deal is up end of year.
We dont need a savior, we need someone to play to the level we thought we would get from Kole, nothing more

26 minutes ago, floplag said:

Agreed, but if we can get a better piece without the cost being too great a concern, why not try.  I dont think Jones would cost a ton, his deal is up end of year.
We dont need a savior, we need someone to play to the level we thought we would get from Kole, nothing more

I agree.

2 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Arte has spent over $200M for this years team. He’s not going to throw more money at it. He’s allowed Eppler to put this team together so Eppler is going to have to figure this out with no more money this season. 

How does Eppler improve the team without adding to the payroll?  Are you saying the Angels wont add or trade for anyone this year?  What moves would you make?

11 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

How does Eppler improve the team without adding to the payroll?  Are you saying the Angels wont add or trade for anyone this year?  What moves would you make?

Eppler has to make apples for apples trades. He needs to dump salary in order to absorb new salary. Arte has already spent $200M+ out of pocket on this year’s team.

We have a lot of players that are performing below career norms. That’s Sosh’s problem. Arte isn’t going to throw any additional monies at that. Arte will absolutely reinvest but only through attrition. 

We have already spent a few seasons waiting for Hamilton and Wilson to come off the books so it’s nothing new to us. Arte has a number that he’s comfortable with and I think he’s already hit that with the acquisitions of Upton, Cozart and Kinsler. Trout and Pujols also got raises. He generously went over his 2018 personal investment on the team with Ohtani’s posting fee.

Arte has done his share now it’s time for the lucrative contract recipients to do theirs. 

23 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

He improves it by magically finding superstars who are 26 years old and making the league minimum. It's pretty simple.

3 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Eppler has to make apples for apples trades. He needs to dump salary in order to absorb new salary. Arte has already spent $200M+ out of pocket on this year’s team.

We have a lot of players that are performing below career norms. That’s Sosh’s problem. Arte isn’t going to throw any additional monies at that. Arte will absolutely reinvest but only through attrition. 

We have already spent a few seasons waiting for Hamilton and Wilson to come off the books so it’s nothing new to us. Arte has a number that he’s comfortable with and I think he’s already hit that with the acquisitions of Upton, Cozart and Kinsler. Trout and Pujols also got raises. He generously went over his 2018 personal investment on the team with Ohtani’s posting fee.

Arte has done his share now it’s time for the lucrative contract recipients to do theirs. 

I actually agree with you that the players need to start performing and throwing money at the problem isn't always the best solution. 

But I'd be interested in your sources that Arte isn't going to spend any more money on the team.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I actually agree with you that the players need to start performing and throwing money at the problem isn't always the best solution. 

But I'd be interested in your sources that Arte isn't going to spend any more money on the team.

Sources? Who needs sources when you can spout off opinions as though it is fact and the only fact. Lol (Should note the Sarcasm)

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Because he already has spent a ton of money on this season. He has players that just need to step it up. 

Kinsler

Trout

Upton

Pujols 

Simmons

Cozart

Calhoun

Maldonado

Ohtani

Wasn’t this supposed to be a great team? wtf!

Adam Jones = .575 career OPS in Angel Stadium?    That screams Mr. Pop-Up Wells, and we got burnt once already.   

He is still pretty much the same hitter he has been for a decade (approaching 30 HRs with upper .700s OPS) and plays solid defense.   Sounds like his arm would play in RF?

Jones is still owed $11 million for the rest of 2018, and is then a FA.

If their thought is to give Cold the rest of 2018 to find himself and play as 4th OF, then Jones is a possible acquisition since he is a FA soon.

Would the prospect price be too high for a rental? 

5 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

Sources? Who needs sources when you can spout off opinions as though it is fact and the only fact. Lol (Should note the Sarcasm)

Let’s see if Arte pulls his wallet out again this season. With Ohtani, Kinsler, Cozart and Upton we were supposed to have the second wild card in our pocket but oh no we’re now chasing the Mariners. I’m sure that Arte is real enthusiastic about spending even more. 

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Adam Jones = .575 career OPS in Angel Stadium?    That screams Mr. Pop-Up Wells, and we got burnt once already.   

He is still pretty much the same hitter he has been for a decade (approaching 30 HRs with upper .700s OPS) and plays solid defense.   Sounds like his arm would play in RF?

Jones is still owed $11 million for the rest of 2018, and is then a FA.

If their thought is to give Cold the rest of 2018 to find himself and play as 4th OF, then Jones is a possible acquisition since he is a FA soon.

Would the prospect price be too high for a rental? 

It’s still pushing Arte to spend $180M in payroll for 2018. It sure seems like people are pushing the panic button early this season. Jean Segura says hi.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

They’re the same sources that said we wouldn’t add to the payroll last year and that we wouldn’t resign Upton if he opted out.   The same sources that all but guaranteed that Ohtani would be a Yankee.  Those sources.

19 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

They’re the same sources that said we wouldn’t add to the payroll last year and that we wouldn’t resign Upton if he opted out.   The same sources that all but guaranteed that Ohtani would be a Yankee.  Those sources.

Arte conveniently waited until Hamilton was owed less than $4M on his contract before he allowed Eppler to make that trade. Most of the baseball insiders and experts including Brian Cashman believed that Ohtani would sign with the Yankees. 

Stradling every season you pull up your chair and grasp at the latest available yesteryear star player thinking that Arte is here to please you. He’s not, sorry.