• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now RF is a black hole

Chuck

I'm watching Adam Jones and Andrew McCutchen. Either feel like a parallel to the moves for Upton and Phillips - older vet with some charisma who still has chance to make an impact, even if they're shadows of who they once were. Especially if Kole continues to crash and Hermosillo doesn't take a job and run with it. By eating salary, they won't cost much more than a useful prospect or two, tops.

And I could see either re-upping on a one or two year deal too, covering RF in '19 but also holding down back-up CF to give us bench flexibility again. Either can hit before Trout like we're seeing with Kinsler.

Gut feeling, I think Hermosillo is moved for a pitcher this summer.

Just now, rageous said:

Hermosillo is not the answer.

He was barely above average hitter in AAA with bad strikeout rate for a lower power hitter.

Try out Blash and see if he can produce at major league and then make a decision on a trade after that.

I largely agree. Except I dnt think blash is the answer either. I remember him misplaying a pretty routine ball in RF when he was up with us earlier this year. I do not want to have a defensive liability as an everyday player. I think we need a trade to aquire some real talent. 

Hermosillo reminds me of Collin Cowgill. And I don't mean that as a diss necessarily - Collin put up a 2 WAR season for us, did a lot of things well. I'd like to think Hermosillo can achieve what Cowgill did not, but that comp as his floor still is a good outcome. Cowgill also bounced around as a good value inclusion in some trades too, if I recall.

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I'm watching Adam Jones and Andrew McCutchen. Either feel like a parallel to the moves for Upton and Phillips - older vet with some charisma who still has chance to make an impact, even if they're shadows of who they once were. Especially if Kole continues to crash and Hermosillo doesn't take a job and run with it. By eating salary, they won't cost much more than a useful prospect or two, tops.

And I could see either re-upping on a one or two year deal too, covering RF in '19 but also holding down back-up CF to give us bench flexibility again. Either can hit before Trout like we're seeing with Kinsler.

Gut feeling, I think Hermosillo is moved for a pitcher this summer.

Man..... I'm starting to like the idea of going after Adam Jones. 

Can you imagine the ground Jones and Trout would cover? Both have a ton of range and strong arms. 

What do you think it would take to land Jones? What does his contract look like?

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine the ground Jones and Trout would cover? Both have a ton of range and strong arms. 

What do you think it would take to land Jones? What does his contract look like?

free agent at the end of the year 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don’t think Trout wants to move to RF.

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If you do that might as well try to grab Britton out of that too. 2 birds 1 stone.

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How many more years do you think Trout stays in center?

I say 4.

Dont know, nothing lasts forever but right now hes the best in the game. until that statement is no longer true, thats where he plays :)  Or perhaps more accurately until hes no longer the best on the Halos, and there is noone in mlb today we could get that would be better. 

7 hours ago, jordan said:

Jones is a SoCal guy so I'm sure he'd be ok with a trade to the Angels.  But he'd have be ok playing RF.  I don't recall how good his arm is, but if I recall he is accurate but not strong. 

He would make some sense.....but the O’s are really hard to trade with....