• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now RF is a black hole

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have no idea, respectfully, what is accomplished with having "diversity" in left and right handed hitters.

I would rather, by far, position by position just put together the best offense I can, and if that means all right handed hitters so be it.

(Being redundant I would avoid be all left handed since many lefties struggle against left handed pitching).

But diversity? I dont get that. 

Because Leftys often punish right handed pitching, which there is a lot more of than left handed pitching.

5 minutes ago, jordan said:

A Familia, Bruce package would be interesting.  But I'm not sold on Bruce.  He's having a down year, and has 2 more year left on a rather cheap contract.  Familia will be a FA at season's end. 

Wow... you're right... I just looked. Bruce is having a down year... Then again, he might come cheaper?

I agree, I think a closer is #1 on the target list.  I'd almost prefer two bullpen pieces if possible.  But I know @totdprods broke it down in another thread how the lack of options in the pen will really require Eppler to juggle who he keeps if there are any additions. 

13 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Bruce is in the first year of a 3 year contract worth $39 million.  I would pass.  The only way I would make that move is if the cost was something like Valbuena and Kole and outside the top ten prospect for Bruce and Familia.  

Jay Bruce is hitting .224 with 3 homers.  He is older than Kole and owed more money for longer.

I literally cannot imagine a trade for Bruce that I would support.

Even Kole for Bruce straight up is a bad deal for the Angels.

16 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Bruce is in the first year of a 3 year contract worth $39 million.  I would pass.  The only way I would make that move is if the cost was something like Valbuena and Kole and outside the top ten prospect for Bruce and Familia.  

It is odd that Bruce went from hitting 61 HRs in 2016-2017 to just 3 in 200 at bats so far.    What happened to the power?   He only turned 31 two months ago.

If he got the power back, he's certainly at least a near .800 OPS guy.    Defensively though?    Meh 

7 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

My guess is the way we acquire a closer is to take on a bad contract with the closer.  Do I think it will be Bruce and Familia, no.  I could see it being Gordon and Herrera.  

Can Alex Gordon play RF?   He is due the rest of 2018 salary plus $24 million ($20 million in 2019 + $4 million buyout from 2020).

His OPS next to Cold's is impressive, albeit still only closing in on .700.

What would the Halos have to trade to make that happen?

And let's hope no more bad contracts after that for a while?

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

My guess is the way we acquire a closer is to take on a bad contract with the closer.  Do I think it will be Bruce and Familia, no.  I could see it being Gordon and Herrera.  

I would do Gordon and Herrera for Calhoun and a prospect. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would do Gordon and Herrera for Calhoun and a prospect. 

Would KC be alright reducing their money commitment through 2020 by only some $13 million, assuming both Calhoun and Gordon are bought out before the 2020 season?

With Calhoun looking terrible, that trade essentially becomes Herrera plus a Gordon who still can approach a .700 OPS for a prospect.    Would have to be a pretty good prospect?

Just take on Gordon's contract along with Herrera, and hopefully it's then only a borderline top 10 prospect going to KC?

How about Joc Pederson? Lefty bat with power, having a good season as he's cut down on his strikeouts. Hit two dingers today, but the Dodgers have a ton of OF's, including a top OF prospect in AAA. Muncy has been playing first and doing well, Bellinger has been seeing some time in the outfield, along with Kemp, Puig, Taylor..

I wonder what it would take?

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

He is a 10/5 guy though...

Granted, but hes always struck me as a competitor, you think he wants to be part of whats going on there right now? 
Plus hes from SoCal, San Diego.  I have no reason to think hes in play, its just something i saw someone else mention in some other context and it made me think of him.

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Throw In Moustakas and that’s a good trade target. Then Cozart becomes our utility player, Playing 2nd, 3rd, and SS giving players days off and filling In for injuries. Cozart could still play more than 2/3 of all games that way and keep everyone fresh. 

Gordon is interesting, hadnt thought of that, the only way i see that is if taking on that money is the cost for making a trade happen.
I would only do it if we also got Mous and Herrera in a 3 player package and gave up little in return prospect wise.
I could see KC wanting to move that deal though so it might be possible. 
Can he play RF. i dont know he hasnt per his split but hes a GG winner and has a very solid arm rating so it would seem possible. 

14 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'll see your "Voila" and raise you a Viola... as in Frank...

image.png.82eca1f8f88ee6e143d9b0faacdf5ab5.png

When I see Viola, I will always think of the TWIB bit when the Mets put some shaving cream on his hat and everyone was laughing at him .. took him awhile to figure out what was going on, lol.