• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jay traded to Dbacks

12 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Because they han’t done anything the first week of June you expect nothing?  

I didnt say that did i?  I'm simply stating that im setting a low expectation as i get the feeling they feel we have enough internally and wont sell of farm pieces in trade now that we finally have a decent farm.  Thats not a condemnation or "why haven't they don thus and so already"... its just me stating what i think they plan to do. 

The thing we need most is the one thing Epp has made clear he wont overpay for and doesnt over value, bullpen.   so expecting him to trade prospects for that isnt realistic. 

What else is he going to do really?  Kinsler is finally looking like himself so i dont think dumping him is an option anymore, so getting Mous is out barring something odd happening or him falling back down. 

I dont think they are looking at RF options outside the org at this point.  I think they feel like we can either fill it internally or ride it out with Kole.

Its not what i want, or what i think the team needs, i just get the impression its what the club will do.  I hope im wrong.

For the record if it was up to me i would still go get Moustakis even if i have to float him position wise a little for this year, and try to package him with Herrera.  Might even try to take Soler on that pending cost.  I might take a run at Adam Jones from Bal as his contract also appears up this year and they are going nowhere.  Make him this years Upton.  There are many things i would like to see us do, i just get the feeling none of them are likely to happen. 

It all comes down to 2 things:
#1 do they think we can actually make a deep playoffs run?  If yes then act, if not, make the WC run and another 3 mil attendance and call it a year :) 
#2 what are they planning next off season?  Do they intend to make a run at Harper or Machado, if so then they dont block them now, if not, then act. 

Not sure I understand the isolated interest in getting  3B.

Are Angel fans really paranoid that Kaleb Cowart is going to hit .225 with a .650 OPS?

Can we acknowledge how much better that is than what is coming out of RF??

If the Angels want to improve the offense, go get a RF.

Also if the Angels got Moustakas, what happens when Simmons is back?

Are you ready to put Kinsler or Cozart in RF?

Look at the minor league depth in the OF.

Go get a RF.  That's the move to help the offense.

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Are Angel fans really paranoid that Kaleb Cowart is going to hit .225 with a .650 OPS?

If the Angels got Mous, you send Kinsler packing and move Cozart to 2B.

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

The question will be, is there a RF that will be available that has Mous type power and can be gotten for as much or less than Mous?

Why would an upgrade in RF have to have "Mous type power" to be a good move?

How about they simply are a significant upgrade offensively to the brutal performance in RF right now?

13 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I might be missing the point you're making, but looking at the minor league depth, we're deeper in the outfield than at 3B. One way or another, 3B will have to be dealt with again this off-season.