• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney

6 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

If we make the playoffs, I'd argue Ohtani-Heaney-Skaggs get the baseball and Richards goes to the pen

I’m not sure about that.  While I’d love to have his stuff in the pen in the playoffs, I still think most teams would start him.   Main reason I say that is in the playoffs you are only a couple base runners away from warming a guy up regardless.  So if he starts to meltdown early, Johnny Bullpen gets up.  

12 minutes ago, Sherlock31 said:

No, I am pretty sure Ohtani would be the 4th sp, because 1. He could be the Dh for every game , 2 his pitching schedule.

In the playoffs, all bets are off. Ohtani will not be on the same restrictions, he is now. I envision him as the DH in every game he doesn't pitch, pitching on 4 days rest or anything else the team needs him to do. That's just my opinion though.

10 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In the playoffs, all bets are off. Ohtani will not be on the same restrictions, he is now. I envision him as the DH in every game he doesn't pitch, pitching on 4 days rest or anything else the team needs him to do. That's just my opinion though.

Ohtani may not even make it to 5 days rest this season, so don’t hold you breath for him to pitch on 4.

25 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I don't think he'd pitch on 4 games rest.  What we could see is him start game 1 and 5 in the ALDS - that's 5 days rest between starts.  Still shorter than what he has done, but at least we aren't bumping him from 6 days rest to 4. 

I do think it's very possible we would see him DH before/after games he starts though.  

29 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I don't think he'd pitch on 4 games rest.  What we could see is him start game 1 and 5 in the ALDS - that's 5 days rest between starts.  Still shorter than what he has done, but at least we aren't bumping him from 6 days rest to 4. 

I do think it's very possible we would see him DH before/after games he starts though.  

Especially with having the two off days in any post-season series

58 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Let's not put the cart before the horse. For us to GET to the playoffs, we need more pitching performances like Heaney's gem last night.

The less we have to use the bLOLpen, the better.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

After the very early struggles, he's been a monster amongst men.     Should I gloss him Strowman?  (WWE ref)

Early struggles? Aside from giving up 7 runs to SFG in his second start, he's been good to excellent in every start except his last vs. Detroit, and that was sort of a fluke.
@ KC, 5 IP, 3 ER, BB, 7 K
v. SFG, 4.1 IP, 7 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 3 HR
v. NYY, 5 IP, ER, BB, 9 K
v. BAL, 6 IP, ER, BB, 2 K
@ COL, 6 IP, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
v. HOU, 8 IP, ER, BB, 10 K
v. TBR, 6 IP, 0 ER, 5 BB, 7 K, 1 HR
@ NYY, 6.1 IP, ER, 3 BB, 5 K
@ DET, 5 IP, 5 ER, BB, 3 K
v. KC, 9 IP, H, BB, 4 K

I really love the fact that he's allowed one home run aside from that San Fran start.

8 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I actually think it's very possible we just give up the DH entirely on days Ohtani pitches in the playoffs. Just have him hit for himself. 

Possible but it might be more so in September. It’s really great to have Ohtani’s bat in the lineup when he’s on the mound but it’s problematic, as well. Once he’s out, his bat is out along with his arm. That means if he leaves, say, in the 6th you’re going to have to go to the bench for a bat in his spot and play an NL game the rest of the way. There may not be enough hitters with a 25 man roster to play that style of game so it’s a bit of a dice roll. With the expanded rosters in September though, they might give it a go in a pivotal game.

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

After the very early struggles, he's been a monster amongst men.     Should I gloss him Strowman?  (WWE ref)

Heaney is gonna GET THESE STRIKES....good to know I'm not the lone WWE fan on the AW forum

Capture.JPG

Edited by John Taylor