• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who will manage the Angels in 2019?

T.G.

Who will manage the Angels in 2019  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will manage the Angels in 2019?

• Mike Scioscia
    • Brad Ausmus (currently a special assistant to Billy Eppler)
    • Ron Roenicke (Current Red Sox Bench Coach)
    • Bud Black (under contract with the Rockies)
    • Joe Maddon (Under contract with the Cubs)
    • Josh Paul (Current Angels Bench Coach)
    • Darin Erstad (Current Head Coach at Nebraska)
    • Gary Disarcina (Current Mets Bench Coach)
    • Tim Bogar (Current First Base Coach with the Nationals)
    • Sandy Alomar, Jr. (Indians First Base Coach)
    • Joe Espada (Current Bench Coach with the Astros)
    • Other (Make your prediction in the comments below)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is Ausmus, then I guess we chose to downgrade.  Also if you are getting rid of Scioscia why go with a retread with no ties to the Angels or the Yankees?  It will be Paul or someone that has an Angel tie.  I’d like to see a guy like John McDonald.  

I'd like to see a guy emerge that we haven't really heard of.  I don't want guys who have already been MLB managers before - pick someone innovative who can offer a fresh take on things.

Erstad would be intriguing.  I remember he was one of the finalists for the Dodgers job before he withdrew.  Maybe he'd be willing to come back and manage the Angels?  

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I'd like to see a guy emerge that we haven't really heard of.  I don't want guys who have already been MLB managers before - pick someone innovative who can offer a fresh take on things.

Erstad would be intriguing.  I remember he was one of the finalists for the Dodgers job before he withdrew.  Maybe he'd be willing to come back and manage the Angels?  

How about Keith Johnson?

Played for the Angels.  If they are serious about bringing up the guys from AAA, they already know him and have experienced success under his leadership.

17 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It'll be Scioscia. He's an institution within this organization and the players like him. I don't think being a perennial contender is the urgent priority that the fans want it to be. As long as the team isn't losing 90+ games consistently he'll be the manager. 

If that's the case then why haven't they already extended him? 

4 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Are any of those guys currently managing a college baseball team?

Maybe not, but they also have not explicitly said they do not want to manage in the big leagues over what they are doing now, like Erstad has openly said. . .unless you think he is a liar.

So the names I mentioned are all actually more realistic suggestions.

But if you want to just stay in the knee jerk throw a name out there game:

How about Appier?!

Davanon?!

Fullmer?!

Alex Ochoa?!

Wooten?!

Rob Wilfong?!

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Jeff Mathis yet.

Don't laugh. 

Think about it though...handles pitchers well, lots of experience, even temperament, well-liked. Many good managers have been catchers first.

I don't laugh at that at all.

Any catcher that had to get by on defense and knowing the game at least has the background.

The person I always think of is Benji Molina.  How much baseball knowledge is in that family?  Ex-catcher too, he has coaching experience in the majors, bilingual, and he has some Angel bloodlines.

Dino Ebel has paid his dues.

If the Angels want to move on from MS, and if Dino really wants to manage in the big leagues (does he?), then I don't really see any good reason to not have it be almost his job to lose in the interview process.