• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who will manage the Angels in 2019?

T.G.

Who will manage the Angels in 2019  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will manage the Angels in 2019?

• Mike Scioscia
    • Brad Ausmus (currently a special assistant to Billy Eppler)
    • Ron Roenicke (Current Red Sox Bench Coach)
    • Bud Black (under contract with the Rockies)
    • Joe Maddon (Under contract with the Cubs)
    • Josh Paul (Current Angels Bench Coach)
    • Darin Erstad (Current Head Coach at Nebraska)
    • Gary Disarcina (Current Mets Bench Coach)
    • Tim Bogar (Current First Base Coach with the Nationals)
    • Sandy Alomar, Jr. (Indians First Base Coach)
    • Joe Espada (Current Bench Coach with the Astros)
    • Other (Make your prediction in the comments below)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m thinking Ausmus or Paul since they are already in house and I think they are younger new age style guys that Trout is already familiar with. It would be an easier transition, in my opinion since they already know the players, staff, way things operate, etc.

The moment that Ausmus was added to the front office, I found it curious.  I think him spending all this time with Eppler, evaluating talent, getting to know the Angels, etc. is telling.  I may be wrong, but my gut says - Ausmus is lined up to take over.  I don't know if its contingent on whether or not the Angels' make a play-off run or not.  I don't know if this is a good or bad thing either... it's just my two cents on the future.

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The moment that Ausmus was added to the front office, I found it curious.  I think him spending all this time with Eppler, evaluating talent, getting to know the Angels, etc. is telling.  I may be wrong, but my gut says - Ausmus is lined up to take over.  I don't know if its contingent on whether or not the Angels' make a play-off run or not.  I don't know if this is a good or bad thing either... it's just my two cents on the future.

My take is Ausmus wants to be a GM.  He has now checked off the box for having manager experience.  If he wants to be a GM, why on earth would he go back into the dugout?

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My take is Ausmus wants to be a GM.  He has now checked off the box for having manager experience.  If he wants to be a GM, why on earth would he go back into the dugout?

I haven't seen anything that makes me think that - but I really have no idea. It's just my gut feeling - nothing more or nothing less.

My gut says that Eppler is the kind of guy who wants to hand pick a manager. He appears to have a well defined baseball philosophy, and will likely want a coach that fits in exactly with it. It's possible that scioscia is that guy, but that would be quite the coincidence.

My guess is the favorite would be one of the two guys listed who have been hired by Eppler to work in the organization already.