• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Forbes: Mike Scioscia, On Path To Hall Of Fame, Should Get A New Contract With Angels On The Way

T.G.

16 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm ready to move on from MS but I actually hope he gets an extension because the entertainment level here would be astounding.

13 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

This is exactly how I feel.  

You guys are thinking small. That's one, maybe two epic threads the week he signs. And then years of the same old shit. Just imagine the first time the new manager benches a kid after a good game in preference for a veteran. Or the first time he pulls a starter too soon, or brings the "wrong guy" in from the bullpen. Or a veteran slumps and gets some leash to work it out. There's years of entertaining threads just waiting for a new guy to tap into.

Plus if he's some other ethnicity, we'll have all new food choices to riff on!

29 minutes ago, nando714 said:

80%  of this fanbase are fair weather fans lol iyam

im just personally tired of #14 not being held accountable for the on the field results. We need a new leader and voice, like I said earlier how many GMs need to be fired bc it’s “their” fault? 

ever see the stadium on a Tuesday night? 

When is it packed? Matsui snuggy night ? 

Sombero hat night ?

I enjoy the stadium being empty. My favorite time to go to a game is between Monday - Thursday, and Sunday’s 

but 3 millions fans a season attend. I understand . 

I understand how you feel and I am all for people having different opinions and voicing them. In fact I encourage discussion on improving the team, and that includes who our manager should be.  But it’s when people say they will just start following another team because they do not agree with a decision or how things are going is what bothers me. I have been an angels fan literally my whole life. Some of my earliest memories are at angel stadium. As an avid follower and fan I have grew up with an angels team not used to any success, yet would come home and watch every single game that used to be on tv that I could catch. As a long time fan, I just can’t fathom the thought of just becoming another teams fan and dropping the angels like that. So that is what my post was about. Sorry for the long rant, but being an angels fan or not is more than whether mike scioscia is our manager or not, or whether or not mike trout resigns with us. For me, it is all in, all the time. That’s a true angels fan and Halo Honk for life. Go Halos. 

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

We’ve also had a tradition of players signing here and becoming dramatically worse, particularly the higher profile players. 

Since stoneman we’re on GM #3. When is it out of the GMs hands ? And when does it become a coaching issue? 

When they provide managers with players that perform.   If we want to pretend Albert and Wells and Hamilton and Kinsler and Blanton and Valbuena were good signings and players in their prime, I guess we could pretend that.   Then we have to look at the farm.   That’s a GM thing not a manager thing.  

On 6/4/2018 at 9:06 PM, The Boogie Man said:

I am guessing most of the vocal haters of Scioscia aren’t old enough to remember the Angels before Scioscia.  

Yes I do. 

I’m not as old as you or others here, but when you’re a kid and the team is losing year in and year out , would you care ? I didn’t . 

10 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

When they provide managers with players that perform.   If we want to pretend Albert and Wells and Hamilton and Kinsler and Blanton and Valbuena were good signings and players in their prime, I guess we could pretend that.   Then we have to look at the farm.   That’s a GM thing not a manager thing.  

When does it become a managers thing? 

To me , it tells me that you believe 

1) coaching doesn’t matter

2) results don’t matter

mark jackson gets fired by the warriors after being bounced in the first round. Steve Kerr hired and they win a title with virtually the same roster the year after 

Coaches are overrated though. 

23 minutes ago, nando714 said:

2) results don’t matter

mark jackson gets fired by the warriors after being bounced in the first round. Steve Kerr hired and they win a title with virtually the same roster the year after 

1. Managers are overrated

2. Baseball and basketball are completely different animals 

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If the Lasagna Man weren't in the dugout, there would be more diehards in the seats!

Everybody goes to games to watch the managers. I'm already looking forward to the next homestand so I can see John Gibbons in the Toronto dugout. 

40 minutes ago, nando714 said:

2) results don’t matter

Apples and oranges in my opinion.   You also ignore that the players were just starting their prime when Kerr got them.   You don’t think Jackson could get the Warriors to a championship?  So Walton who had a perfect coaching record in Kerr’s absence should be the difference maker in LA?  If so why hasn’t he?   

As for results, they matter if In my opinion another manager would have done more with the same talent.   Maybe you look at this pen and think a better manager would make them better.  I simply think that’s nonsense.  

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

We’ve also had a tradition of players signing here and becoming dramatically worse, particularly the higher profile players. 

Since stoneman we’re on GM #3. When is it out of the GMs hands ? And when does it become a coaching issue? 

Actually Reagins wasnt that bad if you exclude Vernon Wells trade.  Dipoto was just a disaster and screwed up our farm and tied our budget to Pujols and Hamilton.

Eppler has done a great job for the limited resources.   Pitching injuries costs us last season.  I did say this season to date we have under achieved.  However a true evaluation can only occur at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Actually Reagins wasnt that bad if you exclude Vernon Wells trade.  Dipoto was just a disaster and screwed up our farm and tied our budget to Pujols and Hamilton.

i'm not a diopoto fan, but that felt like a moreno decision all the way

that seemed to be the sentiment of this board until dipoto quit, too

49 minutes ago, nando714 said:

2) results don’t matter

Looking at the value of a coach over the success or failure of a single series is illogical.  Coaches tactical decisions done make that big of an impact of winning the game (although in basketball tactical decisions impact the game more than baseball). Mark Jackson shouldn't have gotten fired because of the poor playoffs.  However if there was poor chemistry on the tem, or players rebelling from the team, poor game to game adjustments, or using the wrong defensive or offensive strategy for the personal (for those who do not know there is a difference between offensive and defensive strategies that tactical game time decisions) than he should be fired.

I will be honest I do think Scioscia is s better manager when his team has speed where they steal bases, take third on a single or the run on contact play.  However, he really hasn't had that personal to be successful at that. 

5 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i'm not a diopoto fan, but that felt like a moreno decision all the way

that seemed to be the sentiment of this board until dipoto quit, too

That is speculation.  There is no factual basis.   The GMs job is to assemble the the roster.  That is why I blame Dipoto for Hamilton and Pujols.   Unless there was some actual facts supporting the assertion that Moreno wanted Hamilton and Pujols over Dipotos objection I will blame Dipoto