• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Forbes: Mike Scioscia, On Path To Hall Of Fame, Should Get A New Contract With Angels On The Way

T.G.

People forget what a toxic dugout the Angels had. Mo Vaughn was a complete jackass and brought no real veteran leadership but did rub into players faces that they never went to the playoffs. He was part of that toxicity that sunk the Angels year after year with Collins at the helm of actually a young core of good players with no real help from the skipper.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

People forget what a toxic dugout the Angels had. Mo Vaughn was a complete jackass and brought no real veteran leadership but did rub into players faces that they never went to the playoffs. He was part of that toxicity that sunk the Angels year after year with Collins at the helm of actually a young core of good players with no real help from the skipper.

I am guessing most of the vocal haters of Scioscia aren’t old enough to remember the Angels before Scioscia.  

12 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Again, I don't disagree Sosh did an exceptional job for a long time as Angels manager. 

I also think it can be true that he had more to work with than Terry Collins (who was awful)

Yes players like Eckstein, Kennedy, Spiezio

Can really turn a franchise around.  

BTW get your facts right Molina was in 1998

With Richards probably leaving at the end of the year, losing Sosh too would have an affect on Trout. My guess they sign Sosh to a 5 year extension. Keep Tout happy and probably sign another extension with the Angels in a few years. I think the only way Mike would leave at the end of his contract, would be if his Mom, possibly his Dad too, became ill and couldn't travel like they do now, so he would want to be closer to home. Mike likes it here and his parents like coming out here. 

A little birdie told me that Trout may have gone to a concert last year and after the concert may have gone to an In N Out in Irvine.  He may have also possibly left a flask in the dining room when he and his group left.  It was a country concert (allegedly) so he is obviously signing with Houston, once In N Out opens up there.  

1 hour ago, Dick Enberg said:

With Richards probably leaving at the end of the year, losing Sosh too would have an affect on Trout. My guess they sign Sosh to a 5 year extension. Keep Tout happy and probably sign another extension with the Angels in a few years. I think the only way Mike would leave at the end of his contract, would be if his Mom, possibly his Dad too, became ill and couldn't travel like they do now, so he would want to be closer to home. Mike likes it here and his parents like coming out here. 

Sosh could stay and Trout could still leave so I don’t think who’s managing the Angels will have any baring on his decision. 

Can Sosh help Mike Trout win a championship? I don’t think so. I think Eppler can. I also think Mike Trout is quietly pondering his future but none of us know what that is. Only he knows. 

My best guess is that he wants to play in the World Series and he’ll make that priority one. 

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

Damn. Takes me back to 10 years old and the stadium was under construction 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm ready to move on from MS but I actually hope he gets an extension because the entertainment level here would be astounding.

I’ll boycott and root for the the padres or giants until further notice 

14 hours ago, stormngt said:

I hope he gets an extension just so you can be a Padre fan.

Eh. They suck but their stadium is the best I’ve been to. I also enjoy the area surrounding area

I just can’t  do anymore seasons with sosh. Missing the postseason 8 of the last 9 years if we don’t make this year. 

Honest question ..what has he done to earn an extension? 

Do we just blame everything on the GM then?

24 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Eh. They suck but their stadium is the best I’ve been to. I also enjoy the area surrounding area

I just can’t  do anymore seasons with sosh. Missing the postseason 8 of the last 9 years if we don’t make this year. 

Why wait?  The Padres have made the playoffs how many times in the last 9 years?  I personally blame players, GM then manager in that order.  Now if we had this long Tradition of players leaving here and getting better I would blame the manager. I’m sure there are a couple who left here and improved but not very many.Tradition of players leaving here and getting better I would blame the manager. I’m sure there are a couple who left here and improved but not very many.

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

First, I agree about Petco.  It's a beautiful stadium but the atmosphere is boring.

Second, I haven't been advocating an extension for Scioscia.  I dont have a problem if they move on after this year.  Sometimes new blood is good.  

I have defended Scioscia in what I consider unfair attacks.  Most on this board dont really understand the value of the manager is what he brings long term over the course of the season.  They have very little impact on the course of the game in tactical play by play decisions (like the contact play, bunting, and bullpen management) the things most complain about him.  The strength of a manager is preparing the team for success of the long haul of the season.  He needs to keep the team focused and confident.   He needs to manage their time to avoid injury and get the best out of his players.  And Scioscia has been outstanding on that.  He doesnt kept his team dwell on our losses and "turn the page to the next game" he stays with players who are struggling as long as he can because he knows it's best for the long term of the team that the vets returns to his career averages.  

There is a lot more but it would take a full book to describe them.  To make it brief I judge the manager in how well his "team over achieves".  I other words do they perform better than expected.  I think Sosh has done a great job at that.  Yes we didn't win the title from 2003-2009. But we lost to better teams in my opinion.  We did get swept by KC in 2014 but they were the hottest team in the MLB at the time.  Even when we didn't make the playoffs between 2010-2017 I felt the Angel's over achieved.  I felt their lack of success was due to poor personal.  I do believe they under achieved in 2012 and so far this year I believe they are underachieving. 

That being said I would like to see Scioscia get one more year to make it an even 20 years, but I am expecting a change after this season.

24 minutes ago, stormngt said:

First, I agree about Petco.  It's a beautiful stadium but the atmosphere is boring.

Second, I haven't been advocating an extension for Scioscia.  I dont have a problem if they move on after this year.  Sometimes new blood is good.  

I have defended Scioscia in what I consider unfair attacks.  Most on this board dont really understand the value of the manager is what he brings long term over the course of the season.  They have very little impact on the course of the game in tactical play by play decisions (like the contact play, bunting, and bullpen management) the things most complain about him.  The strength of a manager is preparing the team for success of the long haul of the season.  He needs to keep the team focused and confident.   He needs to manage their time to avoid injury and get the best out of his players.  And Scioscia has been outstanding on that.  He doesnt kept his team dwell on our losses and "turn the page to the next game" he stays with players who are struggling as long as he can because he knows it's best for the long term of the team that the vets returns to his career averages.  

There is a lot more but it would take a full book to describe them.  To make it brief I judge the manager in how well his "team over achieves".  I other words do they perform better than expected.  I think Sosh has done a great job at that.  Yes we didn't win the title from 2003-2009. But we lost to better teams in my opinion.  We did get swept by KC in 2014 but they were the hottest team in the MLB at the time.  Even when we didn't make the playoffs between 2010-2017 I felt the Angel's over achieved.  I felt their lack of success was due to poor personal.  I do believe they under achieved in 2012 and so far this year I believe they are underachieving. 

That being said I would like to see Scioscia get one more year to make it an even 20 years, but I am expecting a change after this season.

If the atmosphere at Petco is boring, then the atmosphere at Angel stadium is a snoozefest.

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Why wait?  The Padres have made the playoffs how many times in the last 9 years?  I personally blame players, GM then manager in that order.  Now if we had this long Tradition of players leaving here and getting better I would blame the manager. I’m sure there are a couple who left here and improved but not very many.Tradition of players leaving here and getting better I would blame the manager. I’m sure there are a couple who left here and improved but not very many.

We’ve also had a tradition of players signing here and becoming dramatically worse, particularly the higher profile players. 

Since stoneman we’re on GM #3. When is it out of the GMs hands ? And when does it become a coaching issue? 

42 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If the atmosphere at Petco is boring, then the atmosphere at Angel stadium is a snoozefest.

I’m going to the game tonight and paid   6 bucks for 2 tickets. Maybe a little more crowded bc of ohtani, but go mon- Thursday . It’s empty, quiet , but you can sit on the field level for no more than $10. 

The in game entertainment is pretty awful lol ball under hat game, guess that song by the players, “everybody clap your hands!” Lol

55 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

Bye bye then. We do not need any fair weather fans. And don’t let the door hit ya where he good lord split ya. 

80%  of this fanbase are fair weather fans lol iyam

im just personally tired of #14 not being held accountable for the on the field results. We need a new leader and voice, like I said earlier how many GMs need to be fired bc it’s “their” fault? 

ever see the stadium on a Tuesday night? 

When is it packed? Matsui snuggy night ? 

Sombero hat night ?

I enjoy the stadium being empty. My favorite time to go to a game is between Monday - Thursday, and Sunday’s 

but 3 millions fans a season attend. I understand .