• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Governor Race

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It is what is MT.  What do you propose ? I don’t see conservative areas falling over themselves to make it more “fair” for liberals.  Quite the opposite actually.  The republicans are far more egregious with gerrymandering and other dirty tricks. 

It is always the other guy that is worse.  It is all about perspective.

Regardless, see Adam's post for the solution.  Power should go from the inside out, not the outside in.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is always the other guy that is worse.  It is all about perspective.

Regardless, see Adam's post for the solution.  Power should go from the inside out, not the outside in.

The republicans are objectively worse.  I’m open to a different system that you seem to propose. Don’t misunderstand me.  I am open to changing things.  But the status quo is what it is.  It’s not right to expect one side to allow itself to get curb stomped.  

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The republicans are objectively worse.  I’m open to a different system that you seem to propose. Don’t misunderstand me.  I am open to changing things.  But the status quo is what it is.  It’s not right to expect one side to allow itself to get curb stomped.  

Subjectively worse.

and I never said one side.  There needs to be a shift in this country where local communities have more say, keep more of their money and have much more autonomy than they do now.

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Subjectively worse.

and I never said one side.  There needs to be a shift in this country where local communities have more say, keep more of their money and have much more autonomy than they do now.

We’ll agree to disagree about the gerrymandering and other games.  I don’t want to spend the time going down that path. 

Look, you may be right.  It may be that this country is irreparably fractured the and supremacy of local government is the way it should be.  But that’s not the way our government is structured.  Federal law is surpreme.  For a place like California to give up its strong majority would be political suicide for liberals.  If the two parties want to get together and come to a mutual agreement that changes representation.  Excellent.  Let’s do that.  But not one side first.  It’s crazy to assume good faith in this country right now.  That is sad.  But it is what it is. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

We’ll agree to disagree about the gerrymandering and other games.  I don’t want to spend the time going down that path. 

Look, you may be right.  It may be that this country is irreparably fractured the and supremacy of local government is the way it should be.  But that’s not the way our government is structured.  Federal law is surpreme.  For a place like California to give up its strong majority would be political suicide for liberals.  If the two parties want to get together and come to a mutual agreement that changes representation.  Excellent.  Let’s do that.  But not one side first.  It’s crazy to assume good faith in this country right now.  That is sad.  But it is what it is. 

The supremacy of Federal Law is extremely limited by the constitution.  The problem is that the federal government has usurped the rights of states.  States have the ability to give local authorities more control but they suffer from the same power hungry disease that the Feds do.  It shouldn't be that way.  Money should shuffle out, not out and then back in at pennies on the dollar.

29 minutes ago, floplag said:

oh FFS you cant see past your bias can you.. you start everything with party this reps that when both parties have done it for decades.... gerrymandering isnt unique republican, get over it . 
There is literally nothing anyone can say to even get you to think youre beloved Dems could ever be at fault or even complicit over anything.  
I hope one day the roels are reversed so you can see how asinine this position truly is. 

you're funny sometimes

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

The supremacy of Federal Law is extremely limited by the constitution.  The problem is that the federal government has usurped the rights of states.  States have the ability to give local authorities more control but they suffer from the same power hungry disease that the Feds do.  It shouldn't be that way.  Money should shuffle out, not out and then back in at pennies on the dollar.

Again, it is what it is.  The way that the constitution has been interpreted has over time led to an ever stronger federal government.  The Supreme Court has endorsed this over countless rulings.  We can talk about ideal situations but we also have to live in the present world.  You’re talking about a massive fudemental shift in the way this country is governed MT.  You and I are peons bud.  There’s nothing that you or I can say or vote that will change that. 

Maybe we’ll get to a breaking point.  I don’t know.  

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Anybody watch Villaraigosa's speech last night? Unbelievably bad. Just an embarrassment to the Latino community that this idiot could represent them. 

he's such a tool bag. i hope this loss gets him out of the picture for good.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it will.  He was entirely floated by big money.  The guy is a sleezeball.   For sale to the highest bidder. 

i think everyone saw through his BS ad of "when i was a kid i used to ride the bus" nonsense, as if he's some great overcomer.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

The only solution to that is for power and authority to start at the local level and spread rather than what we have now. In very general terms cities should trump counties should trump States, should trump the feds. Instead it is the other way around. 

This post made me carsick...

3 hours ago, red321 said:

votes in rural areas count just as much as votes in urban/suburban areas. One person = one vote.

But I would agree from one perspective, one of the biggest issues California faces is budgeting by ballot box rather than letting our elected representatives due their job.

Yes, our elected representatives have done such a fine job with Ca's budget.

A third party that is moderate will never succeed in my opinion. The other two will see its popularity and want to join it. In doing so, they'll bring all their baggage and make it look no different than the two others. With its damaged image it falls apart and we are right where we began.  This is how it will happen, possibly even by design.

22 hours ago, Kevin said:

A third party that is moderate will never succeed in my opinion. The other two will see its popularity and want to join it. In doing so, they'll bring all their baggage and make it look no different than the two others. With its damaged image it falls apart and we are right where we began.  This is how it will happen, possibly even by design.

Oh you mean the Tea Party?